World Cup 2022 (Featuring Australia!)

mack

• mack pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

Chris Beath and Shaun Evans will referee matches at the World Cup

So if a woman referees a World Cup match in Qatar, does she need to cover her knees and arms or can she wear the same thing the male referees wear?

1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

So if a woman referees a World Cup match in Qatar, does she need to cover her knees and arms or can she wear the same thing the male referees wear?

Considering all the other laws that will be bent for them to host a World Cup this is minor in comparison.

Money talks.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, WSWJACK said:

Scotland v Ukraine tomorrow morning, nice touch by the jocks to hand out song sheets for the Ukraine national anthem so the home crowd can join in, classy move.

This game is pretty a Scottish thing to happen in world cup campaign. Majority of the world would probably be backing Ukraine for the win and Scotland kinda in the middle of it. I guess that's just Scotland, looking forward to the game at 5am

Agh last World cup were in Sweden 1958, been waiting all my life to see Wales in World cup :xmad:

After seeing the emotion and commitment (and football skill) from this Ukrainian team, I will humbly wait another 4 years if i have to, but there will be no Bale in four years time.

1 hour ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Wales vs Ukraine. Scotland going down the only way Scotland knows how.

Happy for Ukraine, sad for Scotland. But also happy England won't have to face Scotland in a major tournament again. Those are horrible games that Scotland usually play out of their skin in, they should have beaten England in the last Euro's.

Edited by Smoggy
6 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

Agh last World cup were in Sweden 1958, been waiting all my life to see Wales in World cup :xmad:

After seeing the emotion and commitment (and football skill) from this Ukrainian team, I will humbly wait another 4 years if i have to, but there will be no Bale in four years time.

The old Duncan Edwards days eh..or did he die in the plane crash before the 1958 WC..think it was before. They had a good team back then, the last 3 or 4 years has been the best for Wales since.

He was actually English...thought he was Welsh for some reason lol :unknw: Need to brush up on my football history.. 

Edited by Smoggy
1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

The old Duncan Edwards days eh..or did he die in the plane crash before the 1958 WC..think it was before. They had a good team back then, the last 3 or 4 years has been the best for Wales since.

He was actually English...thought he was Welsh for some reason lol :unknw: Need to brush up on my football history.. 

Think Busby's assistant and right hand man was the welsh guy, can't remember his name.

John Charles led the line in Sweden, Wales went out in the Quarters to Brazil 1-0 Pele scored in his first world cup.

We lost out in the 80s to Romania (Hagi their talisman) , Bodin missed the penalty, if he had scored we were through to Mexico :(

good team back then as well, Southall, Ratcliffe, Saunders, Rush & Hughes up front managed by Yorath

Ha sobered up now, didn't make it to work yesterday :crazy:

commiserations to Ukraine and congratulations to the Welsh team, either team could have won by two or so, Hennesey the welsh keeper outstanding performance.

Think England would have preferred Ukraine to either Scotland or Wales, yes?

6 hours ago, WSWJACK said:

Ha sobered up now, didn't make it to work yesterday :crazy:

commiserations to Ukraine and congratulations to the Welsh team, either team could have won by two or so, Hennesey the welsh keeper outstanding performance.

Think England would have preferred Ukraine to either Scotland or Wales, yes?

Definitely. Tournament games against any home nation are horrible for England. They are better avoided.

Take out the individual Gazza brilliance from Euro 96, I am struggling to think of a truely classic England v Scotland or Wales game.  They usually don’t live up to the hype.

Edited by Smoggy
13 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Take out the individual Gazza brilliance from Euro 96, I am struggling to think of a truely classic England v Scotland or Wales game.  They usually don’t live up to the hype.

The England v Wales game in Euro 2016 was pretty good. 1-0 down and Woy brought Vardy and Sturridge on at half time.  Vardy equalised early and Sturridge scored a 92nd minute winner.

15 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Tend to agree, the build up and focus by the media tends to put the players in a defensive frame of mind I believe, hence try to win yes, but do not lose the over riding thought on the player's mind.

• mack changed the title to World Cup 2022 (Featuring Australia!)

How do we think we'll go in our group. ?

Will we be on fire or turn into a dumpster fire. ?

Who will be in the squad...?

Any bolters from the A league or U23. ?

7 minutes ago, sonar said:

Very hard, Denmark are a quality side, as are France obviously. If Australia managed 4 points that would be successful I feel. Anything above 4 points phenomenal.

30 minutes ago, sonar said:

If Arnie doesn't pick on form and rejuvenate the squad a bit they'll be there simply to make up the numbers. It's likely he'll stick to what he always does and play favourites and conservatively.

As far as bolters, all depends on how players start the new season. It'll only be 3-4 months until the World Cup so players really should be picked if they're in form at the time, but we wait and see what happens. Maybe some U23 players get moves if they impress at the current tournament? They've already done better than we have before.

• mack unpinned this topic
  • mack locked this topic