Mark Bridge

mack

2 hours ago, Carns said:

I hope the club (WSW) is smart enough to employ Bridgey after his A-league retirement in some capacity. He's the sort of character that you want around the club in some form.

Well if he wants & gets his coaching certification no reason to think he can't do what Heff & Meggsy have done.

On the other hand, if he is to be slotted into another role, then the question is what are his non-footballing strengths? He might be great as a member engagement staffer, or perhaps working with kids, however he needs to have the aptitude and willingness to do it. So far there's been zero said by him or anyone about his post-playing career.

Has to be said, if King Fat Head was trundled out every now and again to talk to members & fans I'm sure he'd attract a decent audience.

From a fox sports article re: Babbel unhappy with losing players to olyroos 

As has been the case all season, injuries continue to plague Babbel’s men. Striker Mark Bridge is doubtful after suffering “problems with his muscle” after two bench appearances following a long absence.

• 4 weeks later...

On the six hour run it took me to get home last night from Newy I happened to hear King Fat Head do a radio ad for a certain bunch of  ̶a̶m̶b̶u̶l̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶s̶e̶r̶s̶  compensation lawyers.

Definitely an inverse relationship between his goal scoring capabilities & public speaking talent.

17 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

On the six hour run it took me to get home last night from Newy I happened to hear King Fat Head do a radio ad for a certain bunch of  ̶a̶m̶b̶u̶l̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶s̶e̶r̶s̶  compensation lawyers.

Definitely an inverse relationship between his goal scoring capabilities & public speaking talent.

6 hours to get home from Newy?  Why, what happened?

1 hour ago, bombagol said:

6 hours to get home from Newy?  Why, what happened?

Decided to go via train there & back...the run up was good...took about 3 hours.

Run back required waiting at Broadmeadow for about 20 minutes, then an all stations train to Wyong where buses were on duty as there was track work between there & Gosford. Got to Gosford & no train south for 45 minutes. Then from there to Strathfield where, because someone got themselves killed at Granville there were no trains leaving on the western line. After an hour's diversion to Olympic Park & switching to another train it was an all stations to the Riff.

Gotta love public transport.

• 2 weeks later...