Spare/Selling/Request Ticket Thread 2015/16

mack

Same as the old thread here.

Rules:

• Sell at face value or lower. If you want to get more than face value, sell somewhere else.
  • No complaints if a sale goes bad. I'm not getting involved. Both seller and buyer have responsibility not to rip each other off, and to not get ripped off. Examples include arranging pickup before a match and then not showing up on time.
  • If I get a complaint and you're at fault in a way like simply taking money with no tickets given, you get permanently banned.
  • 3 months later...

Cant wait to buy 20 tickets when i dont want 20!!

At least you won't need to pay for an extra transaction fees everytime you want to buy tickets with each membership!! Bloody ticketdisaster should just give up :nono:

True... but when i buy everyones tickets because actives not available, then when i call them they get me the active tickets we wanted. **** you ticketmaster.

Lets not start on their resale options, where you put tickets for face value and then ticketmaster shove a ******* percentage on top of your chosen price. So to on-sell any tickets you dont want, you pretty much have to drop your prices substantially below face value, knowing that ticketmasters added on percentage still has your tickets at "face value" for buyers

What happened to the investigation into additional fees on ticketing websites? I heard about it on the news once and then haven't heard anything since.

Both Ticketek and Ticketmaster were fined $2.5million, but neither have stopped doing it. Apparently it's worse in the U.S., where Ticketmaster are basically a monopoly

What happened to the investigation into additional fees on ticketing websites? I heard about it on the news once and then haven't heard anything since.

Both Ticketek and Ticketmaster were fined $2.5million, but neither have stopped doing it. Apparently it's worse in the U.S., where Ticketmaster are basically a monopoly
That's good, so now they'll just jack up the handling fee to cover the fine 😑 this probably explains why we can only buy one ticket per membership lol

That's good, so now they'll just jack up the handling fee to cover the fine this probably explains why we can only buy one ticket per membership lol

What we need is a third large company to break up the duopoly. Some company with big financial backing, that can take the initial financial hit of predatory pricing to come in and do what Virgin Airways did to the airline industry. I also think it's ridiculous that Ticketmaster can secure an exclusive stadium deal where they handle all ticket sales from Parramatta Stadium. It discourages competition and prevents smaller event companies from growing.

I also think it's completely unethical to not clearly advertise the total price of tickets including fees. Yes, you can see that you'll be charged if you look on the website, but that's not the price they advertise in various media. It's intentionally deceptive to encourage people to become interested, knowing that they will commit once they are enthusiastic about attending an event

Edited by Alexander

That's good, so now they'll just jack up the handling fee to cover the fine this probably explains why we can only buy one ticket per membership lol

What we need is a third large company to break up the duopoly. Some company with big financial backing, that can take the initial financial hit of predatory pricing to come in and do what Virgin Airways did to the airline industry. I also think it's ridiculous that Ticketmaster can secure an exclusive stadium deal where they handle all ticket sales from Parramatta Stadium. It discourages competition and prevents smaller event companies from growing.

I also think it's completely unethical to not clearly advertise the total price of tickets including fees. Yes, you can see that you'll be charged if you look on the website, but that's not the price they advertise in various media. It's intentionally deceptive to encourage people to become interested, knowing that they will commit once they are enthusiastic about attending an event

Yes. They're assholes. No matter how you wax or clean it up, assholes are always full of ****

I have 8 WSW Memberships.

2 in the RBB for my brother and I which are in use every single game, and 6 in the grandstand. Mum and Dad take 2, meaning I have 4 seats available for every single match.

I sell them to mates / friends / family who want to go to certain games for $15/$20, basically just to ensure I make my money back over the entire season. They get tickets in good seats that they can't get buying themselves, they get them cheaper than they normally would because there are no additional fees, and from my point of view, over the course of the season up to 50 people get to experience Wanderland and what it's all about.

I reckon I've had up to 10 mates purchase memberships since season 1 after I've organised tickets for them.

If you need tickets, shoot me a PM and I'll help you out where I can :) 

2 in the RBB for my brother and I which are in use every single game, and 6 in the grandstand. Mum and Dad take 2, meaning I have 4 seats available for every single match.

I sell them to mates / friends / family who want to go to certain games for $15/$20, basically just to ensure I make my money back over the entire season. They get tickets in good seats that they can't get buying themselves, they get them cheaper than they normally would because there are no additional fees, and from my point of view, over the course of the season up to 50 people get to experience Wanderland and what it's all about.

I reckon I've had up to 10 mates purchase memberships since season 1 after I've organised tickets for them.

You should be part of the WSW membership team

Guest redwhiteblack

By the way, bit of a heads up, something just occurred to me.

(Disclaimer: this may have been mentioned in another thread in years gone by, I apologise if it has)

In S3, I was a member of the WSW spare tickets Facebook page, which had plenty of people offering tickets to games they couldn't go to, were busy etc etc.

But there were some people that were selling their tickets every game. If membership is as cheap as $150, and they were selling their ticket for $25 a game (regular walk up price), then they're making a tidy profit of $175 ($325 - $150).

This may not seem like much, but it covers next years membership. And with the number of members we've signed up, again, this looks set to continue.

Am I looking too much into it?

By the way, bit of a heads up, something just occurred to me.

(Disclaimer: this may have been mentioned in another thread in years gone by, I apologise if it has)

In S3, I was a member of the WSW spare tickets Facebook page, which had plenty of people offering tickets to games they couldn't go to, were busy etc etc.

But there were some people that were selling their tickets every game. If membership is as cheap as $150, and they were selling their ticket for $25 a game (regular walk up price), then they're making a tidy profit of $175 ($325 - $150).

This may not seem like much, but it covers next years membership. And with the number of members we've signed up, again, this looks set to continue.

Am I looking too much into it?

You probably are. I (and many others) don't have the patience to wait a whole season to make a 'tidy' profit of some $100-$200. Plenty other ways out there where you can make that extra cash in a day or two rather than trying to hopefully sell tickets online. I'm a member of the group and regularly buy and sell tickets (more buy than sell) - the monetary value doesn't interest me that much, I just try to buy tickets when I need for cost price or close to, and sell tickets when I need them gone. If I look overall how much money I've spent on games vs how much I have earned I am in a big big minus. I've seen a random scalper or two out there (excluding eBay and Gumtree) but the community feeling we've got where people don't rip each other off has preserved our honesty when selling. If someone is genuinely selling tickets to make some extra cash, that I find purely pointless. Go buy concert tickets and scalp them if you really wanna make a living off tickets.

Does anyone know what the go is with derby tickets for members yet?

On sale Thursday from 9am

yep, I believe non-RBB members can buy non-active seats from 9am. Only RBB members can get active away seats at 9am, normal members can access them from midday. 

Edited by braad
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone received their tickets for the derby? My credit card was debited however have not received any email from Ticketek confirming the purchase or my tickets in the mail? Just curious if others are in the same boat

So far, 6 Tickets being used on Thursday night meaning I have two still available if anyone is interested.

Has anyone received their tickets for the derby? My credit card was debited however have not received any email from Ticketek confirming the purchase or my tickets in the mail? Just curious if others are in the same boat

Got my derby tickets mailed to us last week. Via regular aus post delivery. But dont remember receiving any confirmation emails.