FFA Cup 2019

Looks like losing the Berenguer to a hamstring really hurt them.

Where was Noone in this game?

Maclaren scoreless against a Euro coach after they got Strain back onto right back and put Made one at CB to replace Elsey.

Supposedly Berenguer is back in about 4 weeks which is around the time we play Heartle$$ again. We f****** owe them for the FFA Cup 

1 hour ago, LeeMarvin said:

Also noticed the Fox team have curbed their enthusiasm for Najjarrine quite a bit already.  All seem to have jumped on the Toure bandwagon this week.

Toure is pretty good was very impressive at the final 10/10 game. Najjarrine I think he has overly hyped simply because he plays for City, but I am yet to see anything outstanding from him

4 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Toure is pretty good was very impressive at the final 10/10 game. Najjarrine I think he has overly hyped simply because he plays for City, but I am yet to see anything outstanding from him

Fox jumped on the Najjarine wagon because Arzani said he was better than him. Shows you that most of them know nothing. Adam Peacock is the exception having his kid play for Manly United against our u13 academy team. Must have watched a few of the our older academy teams judging by his comments on the podcast from yesterday.

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

Fox jumped on the Najjarine wagon because Arzani said he was better than him. Shows you that most of them know nothing. Adam Peacock is the exception having his kid play for Manly United against our u13 academy team. Must have watched a few of the our older academy teams judging by his comments on the podcast from yesterday.

I will give Harps credit for talking up the capabilities of young Australian players in the A-League, including our own.  I think watching the emergence of local young talent and discovering the capabilities of lesser known foreign imports is more interesting than seeing the half arsed washed up foreign marquee players we used to bring to the A League.

52 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

I will give Harps credit for talking up the capabilities of young Australian players in the A-League, including our own.  I think watching the emergence of local young talent and discovering the capabilities of lesser known foreign imports is more interesting than seeing the half arsed washed up foreign marquee players we used to bring to the A League.

It's the best mix for this league. The foreigners will hopefully raise the quality of the league somewhat, and the kids can learn from seasoned pros (whilst hopefully getting game time when they are ready). The problem is that the foreign players can often be pretty hit and miss, but that's the nature of a league with very limited budgets and scouting networks compared to many other leagues. But if we focus on finding the hidden gems rather than bigger names, it's mutually beneficial.

7 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Looks like losing the Berenguer to a hamstring really hurt them.

Where was Noone in this game?

Maclaren scoreless against a Euro coach after they got Strain back onto right back and put Made one at CB to replace Elsey.

Supposedly Berenguer is back in about 4 weeks which is around the time we play Heartle$$ again. We f****** owe them for the FFA Cup 

No one knows.

Al Hassan Toure apparently has committed  to  representing Liberia.  A pity as I can see him developing into  the world class striker we've lacked for such a long time.

Is there anything preventing him representing the Olyroos and then playing for Liberia at full international level?

13 minutes ago, papersun said:

Al Hassan Toure apparently has committed  to  representing Liberia.  A pity as I can see him developing into  the world class striker we've lacked for such a long time.

Is there anything preventing him representing the Olyroos and then playing for Liberia at full international level?

No. He can switch but maybe our No Adam will be drafted into the Olyroos instead.

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

No. He can switch but maybe our No Adam will be drafted into the Olyroos instead.

There's not a lot of talent up front for the Olyroos, who's the striker at the moment George Blackwood?

Both Toure and Mo Adam are much better options.

2 hours ago, papersun said:

TBH the parading around in a Liberian flag thing got on my nerves a bit.  Who gave him the opportunity to become a professional footballer, Australia or Liberia?

15 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

TBH the parading around in a Liberian flag thing got on my nerves a bit.  Who gave him the opportunity to become a professional footballer, Australia or Liberia?

I'm ok with it...Georgevski represented another nation. Majok, Athiu have now played for South Sudan.....( not that they would ever play for the Socceroos )....kids from other Aus players have represented the countries of their parents. We have current Socceroos who have yet to set foot in Aus but play due to parentage. I suspect Buccus Snr will play for RSA while best Baccus plays for the Socceroos.

For Toure the question will be what are his best chances of ever playing in a World Cup. ? I feel if it is Liberia he may never go. Up to him to decide really.

Edited by sonar
12 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

Hopefully someone might sit down with him and discuss the pros and cons. Selecting him for the Olyroos might help him to reflect on that too 

Everyone's jumping the gun a bit on Toure very similar to Azani/najj. Can't really be claiming him to be a star striker for next 10years bassed of a handful of games. 

Definitely has talent and went on a dream run fairytale ffa cup run, give the kid more time, at least a season or two of professional games. 

16 hours ago, Burgerman said:

Everyone's jumping the gun a bit on Toure very similar to Azani/najj. Can't really be claiming him to be a star striker for next 10years bassed of a handful of games. 

Definitely has talent and went on a dream run fairytale ffa cup run, give the kid more time, at least a season or two of professional games. 

Exactly the final only showed the possible potential. But he needs to have an entire season like that if he wants to go anywhere