Covid Vaccination - where are people at?

5 minutes ago, Carns said:

Depends on the circumstances. The doctor during the press conference this morning said you don't have to, so you don't pay for Covid transport. But you do pay for general emergencies.

QLD and Tas are still free. Every other state you pay unless your insurance covers it.

How very American.

44 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

A critical factor for stopping the spread of Covid-19

Australia's air quality culture criticised as experts point to ventilation as key in COVID-19 fight
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-25/ventilation-key-in-covid-19-fight-as-lockdowns-continue/100393178

This, and why the Fed Gov should have built (or promptly have arranged for the building) proper Quarantine facilities for o'seas arrivals and not shoved everybody in Hotels with circulating and recycled air. It's not as if they weren't told.

19 minutes ago, Ossified said:

This, and why the Fed Gov should have built (or promptly have arranged for the building) proper Quarantine facilities for o'seas arrivals and not shoved everybody in Hotels with circulating and recycled air. It's not as if they weren't told.

Also, now the prospect of opening schools in a month or so.....what about vaccinations and Air con in schools. There has yet to be an approved and effective Vaccination for under 12's. 

7 minutes ago, Ossified said:

Also, now the prospect of opening schools in a month or so.....what about vaccinations and Air con in schools. There has yet to be an approved and effective Vaccination for under 12's. 

(Useless) Federal Minister for Education Tudge was asked directly about updating ventilation in schools on ABC radio palmed it off to the states.

31 minutes ago, Ossified said:

The idea that state OR federal could get this fixed is laughable. Every school would need an audit, and every school is ridiculously different. We are not talking about bog standard office blocks, but buildings that are anywhere from 150 years old -> built last year WITHOUT THIS IN MIND.

I will never forget the directive I got once when it was found that the gas heaters in my classroom had dodgy fumes - a state wide directive this. It said that the heaters were fine to use as long as you kept the window open.

There is not a chance in hell that ventilation could be guaranteed to be at safe levels within the next year, let alone month.

2 hours ago, marron said:

The idea that state OR federal could get this fixed is laughable. Every school would need an audit, and every school is ridiculously different. We are not talking about bog standard office blocks, but buildings that are anywhere from 150 years old -> built last year WITHOUT THIS IN MIND.

I will never forget the directive I got once when it was found that the gas heaters in my classroom had dodgy fumes - a state wide directive this. It said that the heaters were fine to use as long as you kept the window open.

There is not a chance in hell that ventilation could be guaranteed to be at safe levels within the next year, let alone month.

The condition of some school buildings i have seen are an absolute disgrace. But that's another discussion.

2 hours ago, marron said:

With the way new apartment buildings are cracking and falling over in NSW I'd rather take my chances with the 150 year old school.

19 hours ago, Smoggy said:

You have to pay for an ambulance here?! 

$407 plus mileage for the privilege. 

https://www.ambulance.nsw.gov.au/our-services/accounts-and-fees

If you're a pensioner, it is free. Ambulance costs are also covered by pretty much every private health insurance policy for hospital cover. 

I personally caught an Uber to the hospital a few years ago when I was having chest pains because I didn't have PHI and couldn't drive myself out of fear I would hurt other people on the road if I got in an accident. It was quicker and cheaper than waiting for the ambulance. 

17 minutes ago, CaptainJess said:

$407 plus mileage for the privilege. 

https://www.ambulance.nsw.gov.au/our-services/accounts-and-fees

If you're a pensioner, it is free. Ambulance costs are also covered by pretty much every private health insurance policy for hospital cover. 

I personally caught an Uber to the hospital a few years ago when I was having chest pains because I didn't have PHI and couldn't drive myself out of fear I would hurt other people on the road if I got in an accident. It was quicker and cheaper than waiting for the ambulance. 

Crazy. Private health care is crazy also.

People knock the NHS in the UK but is the best thing out there I think. 

Edited by Smoggy

So, had my 2nd Pfizer shot early yesterday morning.

Felt ok last night except for a sore arm. Woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. Have spent all day in bed and have just got up out of boredom. Made myself a cuppa and had to lie down again!! I was exhausted - Ha. Not much fun when one lives on their own and kids can't visit.

Anyway, I should feel better tomorrow or Sunday I suspect. The nurofen has to kick in at some stage, doesn't it?

9 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Felt ok last night except for a sore arm. Woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. Have spent all day in bed and have just got up out of boredom. Made myself a cuppa and had to lie down again!! I was exhausted - Ha. Not much fun when one lives on their own and kids can't visit.

Anyway, I should feel better tomorrow or Sunday I suspect. The nurofen has to kick in at some stage, doesn't it?

:grouphug::grouphug:

2 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Sounds very similar to me. Knocked me flat. Impacted me for about 12 hours. I hope you feel better soon! 

4 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

:grouphug:

5 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Just wait once they switch on the mind control think and tell you to run down mainstreet in your Adam’s costume…

Let us know how you go tomorrow - before and after the nudie run, that is. 

On 27/08/2021 at 2:18 PM, Wanderboy said:

Hope you're feeling better today, WB! 

:):)

20 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Hope you're feeling better today, WB! 

Was still feeling **** this morning but another day in bed and I feel much better this afternoon. I didn't expect it to last two days but I suppose I am getting older so no surprise there that I am more susceptible to such things.

I managed to garner the energy earlier this afternoon to prepare a lamb casserole slow cooked meal with a shite load of veg. Spuds, onions, leeks, mushrooms, celery and  fresh tomatoes, beef stock and canned crushed tomatoes. Some garlic and herbs as well. 30 mins prep and then nothing to do for 6 hours except the occasional stir. Oh, and lamb. :) It's been on for 5 hrs now.

Just chucked in some frozen peas and corn and freshly diced parsley for a finishing touch, and am boiling some rice to accompany. A hearty meal.

Thank you for asking and caring Wendy.

Edited by Wanderboy
18 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Was still feeling **** this morning but another day in bed and I feel much better this afternoon. I didn't expect it to last two days but I suppose I am getting older so no surprise there that I am more susceptible to such things.

I managed to garner the energy earlier this afternoon to prepare a lamb casserole slow cooked meal with a shite load of veg. Spuds, onions, leeks, mushrooms, celery and  fresh tomatoes, beef stock and canned crushed tomatoes. Some garlic and herbs as well. 30 mins prep and then nothing to do for 6 hours except the occasional stir. Oh, and lamb. :) It's been on for 5 hrs now.

Just chucked in some frozen peas and corn and freshly diced parsley for a finishing touch, and am boiling some rice to accompany. A hearty meal.

2 days it must be working twice as well for you! Good that you are up and about now 

2 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Very glad to hear that you're feeling better, WB!  :good:

PS Your meal sounds very hearty!

Still waiting with 9 days to go.

Meanwhile in Iceland THE GOLD STANDARD, the stats are pretty conclusive during the delta wave as reported on CNN. There is Facebook video not up on their YouTube channel so can't post the link. (original link below)

84% of population vaccinated aged 12+ which is equivalent to 90% of the population 16+

0 (Zero) deaths 

Australia's vaccination target is too low as it fails to take into account teenagers 

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Still waiting with 9 days to go.

Meanwhile in Iceland THE GOLD STANDARD, the stats are pretty conclusive during the delta wave as reported on CNN. There is Facebook video not up on their YouTube channel so can't post the link. (original link below)

84% of population vaccinated aged 12+ which is equivalent to 90% of the population 16+

0 (Zero) deaths 

Australia's vaccination target is too low as it fails to take into account teenagers 

Would need to have a chance to listen and read properly. Don’t have time now. Obvious questions about population and the spread / remoteness of that when using a country like this. Makes a change from Israel though. Will have a listen later.

• mack locked this topic