World Cup 2018

mack

52 minutes ago, Davo said:

Anyone else think that if the first Spanish goal was reviewed by A-League VAR the goal would have been disallowed and Costa sent off?

100% and a red card and therefore a different end result, Ronaldo would have had a double hat trick.

1 hour ago, Davo said:

Anyone else think that if the first Spanish goal was reviewed by A-League VAR the goal would have been disallowed and Costa sent off?

100%.

I'm still not fan of the VAR but they have been getting it right so far. And it seems to have had an impact on the on-field behaviour. Of course, it doesn't stop total douchebags like Pepe trying to overplay things.

31 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

So did Portugal play well as a team, or was it just pass to Ronaldo n let him do his stuff?

They played as a team.  They were mainly countering though, and so it was their other pacey guys that were working in conjunction with Ronaldo.

Spain were in another stratosphere last night. Portugal got lucky, goals came from early pen, longe range shot that was fumbled by De Gea, and late free kick. Spain win that game 9 times out of 10.

2 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Yeah when we're involved it's a totally different experience, but as far as a combination of quality and action, that was hard to top. Spain were amazing, such quality of passing and rarely just for the sake of passing, they were constantly looking to hurt them. And then Portugal with the quick counters. Contrasting styles, but both played great. Spain look the best so far.

Spain were good, they looked mentally shot at the end mind. 

Edited by Smoggy

Yeah i enjoyed that one too. Back and forth stuff is always good. Shame for Egypt though.

Don't mind me I just skipped a whole page of comments.  

Edited by marron
3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Spain were good, they looked mentally shot at the end mind. 

Ah I fell asleep right at the end! Was half awake and kind of noticed some clown lining up a free kick. Drifted in and out and saw him wheel off to celebrate.

I woke up properly about 10 minutes later and checked my phone, dreading seeing that Portugal had won 4-3.

Watching the SBS coverage of the game , no Les , feels weird , kinda depressing. It was bad enough when Johnny Warren passed away , n now without both of those two legends.... :sorry:

RIP guys , I know you'll be watching !!!!!

Prediction ... 2-1 Aussie win , an upset , remember Senegal v France '02?   :xnod:

52 minutes ago, FCWanderers said:

Jedinak is in the starting lineup for Luongo.

Thankfully he didn't start Arzani. Would have preferred Luongo to start instead of Mooy

Hope Juric gets a run and Risdon doesn't get skinned.

Edited by Paul01
Added info

I'm not a huge CR7 fan , Messi for me cos we're both shortarses , but that free kick to draw against their biggest rivals was just awesome. Way to early to call , but CR7 = Maradona in'90 when he carried Argentina through to the final? 

19 minutes ago, marron said:

I'd planned just to put it on the telly with sbs but i forgot all about frigging basheer.

ALthough i always somehow forget how much of an idiot this bloke is, at least his voice isn't annoying.

• mack unpinned this topic