Yojiro Takahagi

mack

Takahagi can't thrive in a side where the ball retention is quite woeful

He is the type of player who needs to dominate possession and then I'm sure he will excel

If the jets fill his bank account substantial more than us so be it - Id say that tanaka more worth fighting for

If you asked me for example what we should do with marquee spot?

Khalfalah > Tagahagi

Yojiro might not be a number 10, but he is definitely a good distributor from behind.he is also one of the few players that can hit a free kick in this league. I hope he stays and we pay him accordingly. He won't be the star player but he will fit into the team well.

He's alright...definitely not a marquee player though. If he wants those kind of wages then I would sell him without thinking about it.

We probably said the same thing about Mooy and look how that turned out.

Sure...but Mooy flattered to deceive (for the most part) last season, most notably in the grand final when it mattered. Yes he's been much better this season but I really don't think you can compare how players play in totally different clubs in a different season. If Mooy had killed it last year then you could criticise his sale, but he didn't. If we had the Mooy of last year this season we wouldn't be doing much better. 

Your marquee is supposed to be someone on another level to everyone else...Takahagi is neat & tidy and **** but so is Trifiro. You wouldn't make Trifiro a marquee, I don't think Yojiro has been that much better than him this year. 

Yojiro might not be a number 10, but he is definitely a good distributor from behind.he is also one of the few players that can hit a free kick in this league. I hope he stays and we pay him accordingly. He won't be the star player but he will fit into the team well.

He's alright...definitely not a marquee player though. If he wants those kind of wages then I would sell him without thinking about it.

Sure...but Mooy flattered to deceive (for the most part) last season, most notably in the grand final when it mattered. Yes he's been much better this season but I really don't think you can compare how players play in totally different clubs in a different season. If Mooy had killed it last year then you could criticise his sale, but he didn't. If we had the Mooy of last year this season we wouldn't be doing much better. 

Your marquee is supposed to be someone on another level to everyone else...Takahagi is neat & tidy and **** but so is Trifiro. You wouldn't make Trifiro a marquee, I don't think Yojiro has been that much better than him this year. 

I think Mooy had talent and we just stifled him with our setup and the tactics Popa was playing. Look him now at Melb City. That's the only thing I fear with Yojiro that if we play that dour defensive style again, that he will be stifled the way Mooy was. I've seen in the last few games how Yojiro has commanded the middle of the park and been that link with Castelen, Bridge, Bulut etc. We need a player like him there instead of a Poljak or La Rocca. Mooy used to be that until Popa starting using his rotation policy, and that just shot his confidence. He was a frustrated player.

I also think we need a number 10 to compliment Yojiro. He will be even more important and most likely our marquee. Still Yojiro going will be a big loss if he does. Hopefully we find a way to keep him.

Meh.

My thoughts exactly.

Not sure why all the love for this guy. Tries to play the one touch pass way too often and lose possession too much.

I

Sure he's got some nice touches but nice touches don't mean **** if you can't turn that into an impact on the game, and he doesn't have enough impact in my eyes. 

Why is it that in a team that now seems intent on knocking the ball around a lot more than previously, whenever it comes back to the top of the D from the wing, right when we need a good shooter on the ball, it's always La Rocca or Poljak? Where is this guy??

And too often the ball comes pinging out from a clearance from a cross (at both ends) and Takahagi seems to realise that he should be there, so he runs to get to it, but it is too late.

Some good touches, the rest is very meh. Can see the benefit in keeping him for continuity (we need some badly), but the good teams in this competition have foreign players who make a difference. He doesn't make enough of a difference.

Sorry, but we need more players who are able to do one touch passes and keep the ball moving. Most of our team needs two or three touches before they figure out what to do. That's why this guy is a class above. A lot of our current players have feet made of concrete. A lot of the problem this season is that instead of letting the ball do the running, our players are doing all the the running. Not a very smart team. No wonder we tire and other teams end up running over the top of us.

The guy has come here from holidays straight into a league mid way through, in an exhausting new climate, and on much harder pitches than his touch and legs are use to. A one touch fancy ball player like him needs to understand the players around him. Give him a preseason when he's had more time with the players around him at which point he'll be more aclimatised to the weather, culture and language and watch him go
Bingo, give him a pre season and better playrr structure and ee will see the results he was producing in Japan and he will exceed Shinji and he is worthy of marque money.

I understand that we all want a super star marque but retaining this guys services is a must unless Popa finds a better attacking midfielder.

I wouldn't want to lose him. But yeah if we want to pay him massive money just to score from a free kick. Nah.

For his one touch and ball delivery, we have Tricky.

He has been better than adequate, however he falls far short of a Ben Khalfallah or his Japanese predecessor at Wanderland. Coming in as he did since the Saba debacle and scoring goals whilst improving our midfield capabilities has been quite an achievement. However Taka may not been worth the financial and tactical considerations needed to keep him, assuming he does want to stay.

If he doesn't the search for a replacement should be going on now.

I wouldn't want to lose him. But yeah if we want to pay him massive money just to score from a free kick. Nah.

Pretty sure he can do more than just hit a free kick. Maybe he can teach a few of our squad players how to trap a ball without making it bobble. Look at how in a lot of the games he comes back to help link with the defenders to help us play out of trouble from the back. None of this 'hit it long and hope because I am under too much pressure' rubbish.

Pretty sure he can do more than just hit a free kick. Maybe he can teach a few of our squad players how to trap a ball without making it bobble. Look at how in a lot of the games he comes back to help link with the defenders to help us play out of trouble from the back. None of this 'hit it long and hope because I am under too much pressure' rubbish.

I'm also certain he can offer more than a free kick mate.

I see other qualities that makes me say I don't want to lose him. I'm just saying that he isn't the only player with those qualities.

Guest redwhiteblack

I've heard he wants to leave because he was assured he would play CAM but Popa's obsession with defensive structure means every midfielder needs to be a CDM.

I've heard he wants to leave because he was assured he would play CAM but Popa's obsession with defensive structure means every midfielder needs to be a CDM.

Why the hell would that be a reason you muppet? He plays much better as deep lying midfielder. Our formation uses 2 DCMs and 1 CAM so your statement is simply wrong.

Guest redwhiteblack

Why the hell would that be a reason you muppet? He plays much better as deep lying midfielder. Our formation uses 2 DCMs and 1 CAM so your statement is simply wrong.

I'll put it this way.

If you love teaching science and one of the best schools in town employs you, with the promise of being a science teacher, but then ends up forcing you to teach maths, you're not going to be very happy.

When another school comes along and says that they will employ you on a similar salary but they ASSURE you that you will only teach science, then you won't just say 'no thanks', will you?

I'll put it this way.

If you love teaching science and one of the best schools in town employs you, with the promise of being a science teacher, but then ends up forcing you to teach maths, you're not going to be very happy.

When another school comes along and says that they will employ you on a similar salary but they ASSURE you that you will only teach science, then you won't just say 'no thanks', will you?

Even if it's true about Yojiro, I think he'd be making a mistake. Reasons: 

- to use your analogy, he'd be leaving "one of the best schools in town". All he has to do is open a Newcastle local newspaper from the last 6 months or Google 'Nathan Tinkler' to see the other school is rubbish. Tinkler himself insinuated that he plans to polish it up enough in order to sell to an EPL team who would then take it to the next level. No talk of going for trophies or ACL, just renovating a kitchen to sell it for a higher price.

- also, the reason they moved him to a deeper position in midfield is because they couldn’t get him the ball.  Playing a deeper role in midfield allows him to control the game and also see a tonne of the ball.

And personally I find it hard to believe that he might be leaving because of his positioning rather than money.  Firstly, we all know how Popa recruit’s players.  If he wanted to play in a CAM role where he wouldn’t be required to do any work tracking back, he never would have been signed.  And secondly, even in the second halves of games when he does push forward more, he’s constantly sprinting back and making tackles.

Yojiro understands how football works and I'm sure he understands why he is playing where he is given the other members of the squad and what happened in the games where he did play at CAM. Same reason why Shinji played at 10 for us given he played deeper for most of his career, he was needed there based off the other players. This is something Mooy didn't understand/wasn't prepared to be patient with but I feel Yojiro has a better temperament than Aaron.

Yojiro understands how football works and I'm sure he understands why he is playing where he is given the other members of the squad and what happened in the games where he did play at CAM. Same reason why Shinji played at 10 for us given he played deeper for most of his career, he was needed there based off the other players. This is something Mooy didn't understand/wasn't prepared to be patient with but I feel Yojiro has a better temperament than Aaron.

+1

Plus Yojiro speaks English more fluently than Mooy does

aaron speaks western Sydney English. problem is, you have to be mifsud's height to hear it cos he's always talking to his feet.

aaron speaks western Sydney English. problem is, you have to be mifsud's height to hear it cos he's always talking to his feet.

I can confirm I have no issues hearing or understanding Aaron Mooy when he speaks...

Really want Taka to shave his head, would look ruthless.

ya know that episode of the simpsons where flanders cuts the hair of that singer woman while she sleeps to look like his dead wife's hair? that comment reminds me of that.

shinji's gone bro, let it go.

She wasnt no singer, wasnt that one of the ladies they got married to while drunk in Vegas? with Homer Simpson?

Vegas mom?

when she wakes up looking for her smokes and the flanders family sing a song about how they flushed the smokes down the toilet?

Really want Taka to shave his head, would look ruthless.

ya know that episode of the simpsons where flanders cuts the hair of that singer woman while she sleeps to look like his dead wife's hair? that comment reminds me of that.

shinji's gone bro, let it go.

She wasnt no singer, wasnt that one of the ladies they got married to while drunk in Vegas? with Homer Simpson?

Vegas mom?

when she wakes up looking for her smokes and the flanders family sing a song about how they flushed the smokes down the toilet?

no.

you are wrong.

Rachel Jordan. Gospel singer.

tumblr_nawyqeGUHQ1qh59n0o4_500.png