Time for this suit to go

Hi everyone

Many of you would already know one of the worst kept secrets about my departure from the Wanderers. Western Sydney is my heritage and in my blood and I will forever be grateful for the opportunity and experience the last 3 years provided me. However my family, friends and future are in a different community and one that i can make a massive difference in. 

My apologies to many people who have congratulated me on the move already that I have not been able to comment but I will make sure I thank everyone individually when i can. 

WSW and RBB are an important alliance even though we could never put it in writing :) - you are leading sport in Australia about what can be achieved in the terrace and in the community. 

I will be forever grateful for the friends and experiences with the RBB and WSW Members. 

All I can ever say is thank you, you will never know how much this has changed my life

Shaun

You're a legend Shaun. Thanks for everything and good luck steering the Mariner's ship. ;)

A request for you in your new role.. Please destroy the marching band!! For the sake of the league.

Looking forward to seeing you up there twice next year.

Good luck man.

:golecapproves:

Suits may come and go.....BUT.... I feel as though the last one to actually listen to us and value the fan's opinions, is sadly now gone.

Good Luck up at Central Coast, you sure are going to need it. Thanks Shaun and good luck, you are either a man who loves a massive challenge or just  an idiot, not just anyone would have taken that job on unless they thought they could make a difference. Just like Meggsy, Dino, Mooy, Tarek , Shinji, Polenz and Hersi. You are a big part of the foundation that created our great club.

Thanks          :golecapproves:

I feel glad that I saw you on Tuesday and had the chance to approach you and thank you in person. Just remember Shaun, you will always be a Wanderer. We wish you the very very best, you will be a great loss for us. I don't wanna say I want the Mariners to do well, but for the sake of Australian football I hope you do some magic over there as those people need it.

You are a suit, that's true.

Your suit is red and black though, that's the difference :)

Shaun,

We don't know each other personally, but your impact on the club has been huge & your loss will be sorely missed. Your work behind the scenes rarely got recognised but the way things ran smoothly showed just how well you did your job. All the best in your future endeavours :good:

Shaun - thank you!!!

A huge loss for our club, but an even bigger gain for Mariners!

Very happy for you, such a great opportunity for you and definitely well deserved.

Wanderers and Mariners are similar in that they recognise the importance and meaning of "community" - something which no doubt you will be able to reinforce.

You were such an integral part of the WSW and the RBB - and each and every single one of us will be forever grateful for the work you've done and foundations you've helped to build, for the club through these past few years! 

You're such a proactive, approachable, helpful, and friendly guy - I can see you doing great things at the Mariners. :good:  

It's great for the Mariners, and in turn, great for the A-League and football in this country!

Thanks for all your hard work Shaun. Always approachable and friendly and helpful. And always maintained that even in probably sometimes trying circumstances. I hope you feel appreciated for all the work you did as a liason between fans and the club in getting things set up the way it is at Parra - there's a stack of stuff we now probably take for granted that might have been a bit different otherwise. It was amazing especially in season one to see feedback passed on to you implemented sometimes immediately. And all the work with the rbb and la banda etc. Much appreciated!

Good luck. You'd be crazy to turn down the opportunity! Our loss is the mariners gain.

Ha just saw Megan used the same terms.

Edited by ciudadmarron

Shaun,

Congrats for scoring your new gig. The Mariners are lucky devils.

At Bayern Munich the saying is that you never leave Bayern (even when you change clubs or retire), and Bayern never leaves you (even when you've changed club or retired). In that sense: keep on wandering. You won't be forgotten, and I doubt you'll forget us in a hurry.

Don't be a stranger next time the WSW rock up in Gosford, and come over to the active bays and say hello.

So long, and thanks for all the fish (Douglas Adams quote), and may the force be with you (Obi-Wan Kenobi quote).

Remember that time early on and you brought that pyro in and we had never seen it before and were like, wow whats this. We never looked back since then.

jokes.

I wanted to congratulate you on your new position, you've earned it with an incredible body of work with the supporters and with the commercial side of the club, and you are a huge part of the success of the club off the pitch. 

While I've never purported to speak on behalf of the supporters, I can speak for myself and I hope every member here in thanking you for helping give myself/wsf access to a lot more information and help than other supporters sites in Australia or across the world receive. Especially early on, the access to some of the milestone events helped the site gain important credibility and viewership.

I'm sure that the years at WSW will have shown that a football club needs to be 100% in the community it represents and to listen to what and where they want that club to be.

Congratulations :)

Thank you Shaun, I appreciate your efforts and everything you've done for the club and the RBB.

I'd welcome you back to be our CEO one day with open arms.

Good on you mate! Cheers!

All the best.

Shaun, thanks to you (as well as Lyall) for listening to, considering and replying to my suggestions in both writing and in person over the past few seasons.

You would've done that not only for me, but for many other fellow WSW supporters and that made a HUGE difference to fan engagement and the culture of this club.

Congrats for your new role, I'm sure you'll do very well in it!

Even after you've boosted the Mariners fans' numbers, just make sure you continue to allocate a good few bays upstairs and downstairs for us at Bluetongue when we come up for a day trip. :good:

• 3 months later...