Sydney FC: Season 2016/17

Heard Arnie on the Daily Football Show this afternoon.

Some points

20 man squad instead of 26 (26 was for the ACL campaign) this season.

Bobo not here on a holiday

Some points on 4+1 visa situation + squad size.

More interesting than I thought it would be.

But overly confident taking on Blacktown City.

Will make tomorrow night all the more sweeter

Heard Arnie on the Daily Football Show this afternoon.

Some points

20 man squad instead of 26 (26 was for the ACL campaign) this season.

Bobo not here on a holiday

Some points on 4+1 visa situation + squad size.

More interesting than I thought it would be.

But overly confident taking on Blacktown City.

Will make tomorrow night all the more sweeter

Oh so sweet, you lost NPL and blacktown city lost. You hopefully see the flip side to your comments ;) 

Oh so sweet, you lost NPL and blacktown city lost. You hopefully see the flip side to your comments ;)

You lot must feeling pretty swell this morning? You cruise past Blacktown City while we act like the season is over already

haven't watched your game yet, though reading comments sounds like topor had a great game. 

if you buy the hype, sounded like tim cahill won a grand final and score an amazing goal... nope just a penalty. 

You lot must feeling pretty swell this morning? You cruise past Blacktown City while we act like the season is over already

haven't watched your game yet, though reading comments sounds like topor had a great game. 

if you buy the hype, sounded like tim cahill won a grand final and score an amazing goal... nope just a penalty.

I'm sure you'll enjoy watching it more than we did :lol:

Timmy had a decent game actually. Although the hype is overblown. The funny part of the hype is that he wasn't even supposed to take the penalty, he just walked up and made an 'executive decision' that he would take it

Hammil had a game like he did a few Derbys ago

should never play Hamill on the left.

Didnt he play there against Brisbane in R1

He was playing CB that day. Jamo started every match at LB last season
I thought NTS was out that day.

Just checked last season's report. RCB = Hamill, LCB = NTS. I was wrong but Hamill should never play on the left.

it was the FFA Cup game against Brisbane where he was LCB with Daniel Alessi as RCB. That game was so memorable as Jamo took out Matt McKay with his 2 handed tackle

A-League giants Sydney FC and Central Coast Mariners are set for an icy clash next month, and in more ways than one!

The Sky Blues meet their New South Wales rivals at Allianz Stadium in Sydney FC’s opening home game of the season and while the players and coaches will look to dish out a frosty reception for each other on the field, the fans will get the chance to share in an exhilarating and unique experience off it.

Thanks to an exciting new partnership with Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, the club will screen Ice Age 5 Collision Course on both big screens at Allianz Stadium prior to A-League kick-off (5.35pm), providing a fantastic two-for-one offer for all Members and casual ticket holders for the Saturday match.

Gates for the match on Saturday 15 October will open at a special time of 3PM, with the screening to start at 3:10PM.

The club is also giving away free Popcorn and frozen Fanta to the first 200 fans in order to aid in the movie experience, and they will be available throughout the rest of the afternoon thereafter*.

Additionally, Sydney FC will have a range of Ice Age prize packs to give away to those in attendance, a chance for families to join a half time collision course challenge, and a chance to join in on a special Manny of the Match poll to vote on throughout the game, named after the cuddly Ice Age character.

“The Ice Age movies are the number one international animated franchise and this partnership provides an excellent opportunity for the club to engage and excite our junior participant base and the club’s young family supporter base,†said Chief Executive Officer Tony Pignata. “I encourage all families to get along to our game and enjoy a fantastic afternoon,†said Sydney FC CEO Tony Pignata.

Marketing Director from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Claire Bryant added “We are excited to be working with Sydney FC for the first time on the Home Entertainment release of Ice age Collision Course. The partnership has given us a unique opportunity to engage with families and kids through their love of football, which is rapidly growing in popularity in Australia.â€

Family tickets are available at ticketek.com.au for a family of four (1A+3J or 2A +2J), and all tickets include free public transport to and from the venue on the day. Ice Age 5 Collision Course, the fifth movie in the franchise, is available on Digital from October 12th and on Blu-Ray & DVD from October 26th.

*From outlets Bay 16 and Bay 32.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

suits the coves age base since most cove members at least look 8 years old

WE ARE THE SYDNEY BOYS

I like the idea.

Similar to how we're offering free entry to the Easter show for one day.

If it gets people through the gates, I'm all for it.

It's one thing to offer free entry to the Easter Show which is an all ages event as oppose to having a sesame street marathon to draw in the fans.

They should just go for broke and air episodes of the smurfs on the big screens before every home match.

Spotless is within the Easter Show area, isn't it? I always thought that was the reason that fans of the teams that play there get free access to the show - because they will be in the precinct anyway? So they kind of have to offer free entry?

Anyway, the show is already on, it's way ******* different to going out of your way to put a movie on INSIDE THE STADIUM!  What an atmosphere it will create! And what a way to watch a movie - on a plastic seat watching the big screen of a stadium with the sun beating down at 3:00pm in the afternoon.

I told a neutral mate from England and he laughed for about a minute. "Imagine they tried to play Ice Age at La Bombonera"

Spotless is within the Easter Show area, isn't it? I always thought that was the reason that fans of the teams that play there get free access to the show - because they will be in the precinct anyway? So they kind of have to offer free entry?

Anyway, the show is already on, it's way ******* different to going out of your way to put a movie on INSIDE THE STADIUM!  What an atmosphere it will create! And what a way to watch a movie - on a plastic seat watching the big screen of a stadium with the sun beating down at 3:00pm in the afternoon.

I told a neutral mate from England and he laughed for about a minute. "Imagine they tried to play Ice Age at La Bombonera"

no wanderers games at spotless during the easter show,  there is an anz game however that is outside the easter show.

"The club is also giving away free Popcorn and frozen Fanta to the first 200 fans in order to aid in the movie experience, and they will be available throughout the rest of the afternoon thereafter."

FMD. What's next? Party poppers? Chistmas hats? Sky blue plastic noses? A screening of the latest "Super Arnie" movie?

• mack unpinned this topic