RD 4 - Mudgee (vs Brisbane) - Sat 10th Nov

Johnno

12 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

But but but Miss....I have an excuse note honest...well the dog ate it...but anyway.... I wasn't in the country from 2005 when the NSL ended and didn't return  until late 2010.......if I was still here I might have done......but when I came back I knew **** all about the HAL until WSW was brought to life.

You, young man,  are excused! :xnod:

PS I don't feel guilty at all!

I did what I did to support the A League. :pardon:

And so did Stringer I'm sure! 

< He and I are adversaries on the Music Thread - but  allies here! :lol:>

7 minutes ago, wendybr said:

You, young man,  are excused! :xnod:

PS I don't feel guilty at all!

I did what I did to support the A League. :pardon:

And so did Stringer I'm sure! 

< He and I are adversaries on the Music Thread - but  allies here! :lol:>

uggghhhh the depths some people had sink to! But i am sure I speak for all here when I say thank you for doing what you did, it was beyond the call of duty and I hope the year long scrubbing, washing and psychology sessions all helped.

Edited by Smoggy
1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

pffftfttttt Perth at Parra Stadium before Wanderers you say..... I was there to see Parra Power take on the Glory a few times at Parra, including a GF......usually no more than 150 of us there......seems like a different world ago.

I am proud to say I wasn't there to see ESFC play though.

I was at that GF too. How that game got played is beyond me.  Boy did it piss down!

13 hours ago, Cynth said:

What!? My hubby goes to QLD for the Masters Games that week!

Hmmm... to be a supportive wife or a Wanderer......?

Put the pressure back on your husband.

Does he want to attend the Masters Games  (tbh I don't know what that is)....or be  a loyal Wanderers supporter? ;)

:D :D

33 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Its the opening shot of WSW Complete.

Oh and you can see me in the footage used in that vid. As well as the core RBB.

As I recall, you lot all stood on the fence line in front of  The Shed.

They were happily singing their songs....accompanied by the cowbell ( I think :lol:) … and then you guys started up in the second half!!  

:spiteful:  :spiteful:  :shok:  :shok:

:lol: :lol:

2 hours ago, Erebus said:

no we were in the corner bay (22 I believe). No where near the travelling Shed (if there was any?)

But having the entire Cove chant "F+++ off Rovers!" when 20 people entered the bay was hilarious.

There was definitely a bus load of people from The Shed...with their cowbell!!

And yes, you were in the Western Stand down on the fence in a corner bay, and they weren't far from you guys...and behind you.

It was probably the last time they called a tour of duty to Sydney. :lol:

I had a great view of it all!

I don't remember the reaction of The Cove - but I reckon you "Rovers" supporters  got in a  few more ….er…..choice words that they did! :lol:

9 hours ago, wendybr said:

Put the pressure back on your husband.

Does he want to attend the Masters Games  (tbh I don't know what that is)....or be  a loyal Wanderers supporter? ;)

:D :D

Haha that’s just what I did. I think I have just about convinced him that a Mudgee road trip is worth ditching his team and the Masters game for! :D

I was there Wendy at the ESFC/Glory game in the A-League...…..for the sole reason that I also wanted to see the A-League succeed, and wanted to see what a proper football atmosphere was like at Parra. To be honest, I never found that out till the Wanderers were formed. **** that blue mob were a joke.

In other news, I was once the whole La Banda at a Parra Power game.

A drum and drumstick was thrust upon me when I arrived, which I couldn't beat for ****. My timing and rhythm was worse than Sotirio's passes.

Happy days. :)

PS. I've still got my Parra Power shirt hanging in the wardrobe. Even the moth's won't touch it.

:good: Thanks WB!

Yes...it took the Wanderers....but what happened before was still important imho.

That Perth game ...and the presence of the Rovers/RBB core was interesting as a starting point for the intense rivalry that was obviously going to erupt further along.

For the real deal atmosphere...I was won over before I got to within about 2 blocks of the stadium for that first game of Season1

I'll never forget just walking along O'Connell St before the first game...and high-fiving people in cars waving their arms out car windows when they were stopped at lights as we crossed side streets.

It was amazing!

I really really hope some of that joy and intensity returns when we get back to Parra. :xnod:

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

I really really hope some of that joy and intensity returns when we get back to Parra. :xnod:

It will.

Fans will be desperate, and our only memories will be happy ones. I've already forgotten the bad days, and all I ever think of is great ACL nights and cracking A-League games.

That will be the feeling when we return. Mr Babbel will ensure that next season.