Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

11 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

At the same time, Morrison continued to sell his “fair go” Australia campaign – a vision he claims the multimillionaire owners of champion racehorse Winx personify.

Replying to my own post but

yes it does personify the Coalition “fair go”

three millionaires (from inherited wealth) making money money off a little person and a animal being whipped to run faster 

While a bunch of twats in stupid hats drink champagne and watch 

I guess, I don't know the others well enough apart from the odd knock on the door from the watchtower weirdo's - I just took a keen interest in Hillsong after they turned up to my parent's street in Doonside with some kind of working bee and started mowing people's lawns.

The upper middle class winners from Castle Hill come to help the downtrodden struggling residents of scumsville, it was extraordinarily condescending.

1 hour ago, sonar said:

Our PM out campaiging against Labors'  EV's policy....they're going to take away your Hilux........lol.......this from the govt that killed the car industry in this country

https://performancedrive.com.au/electrified-toyota-hilux-coming-around-2025-part-aggressive-ev-plan-1918/

I'll just add this...........

tow-a-plane.png

5 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Plus all the churches.

I saw a couple of Mormon guys from the States at the local markets here in Darwin on the weekend.  35 odd degrees and humid as.  They were, as usual, immaculately presented with fresh haircuts, wearing trousers, collared shirts and ties.  Not a religious person, but I couldn't help respecting their commitment and self discipline.

1 minute ago, LeeMarvin said:

I saw a couple of Mormon guys from the States at the local markets here in Darwin on the weekend.  35 odd degrees and humid as.  They were, as usual, immaculately presented with fresh haircuts, wearing trousers, collared shirts and ties.  Not a religious person, but I couldn't help respecting their commitment and self discipline.

i always like when people wear pants......actually depends on the person......

11 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

i always like when people wear pants......actually depends on the person......

Well you also see people around here not wearing pants a bit.  Usually passed out drunk on the side of the street.  So yeah, pants are good!

41 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

Well you also see people around here not wearing pants a bit.  Usually passed out drunk on the side of the street.  So yeah, pants are good!

Aww crap! Having said that I just remembered something my Mrs said I did on Saturday night when I was drunk......:fool:

10 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Replying to my own post but

yes it does personify the Coalition “fair go”

three millionaires (from inherited wealth) making money money off a little person and a animal being whipped to run faster 

While a bunch of twats in stupid hats drink champagne and watch 

:hi:

4 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

imagine how ******* better things would be if all religious organisations had to pay taxes

Or if their phenomenal wealth was actually put to good use...raising people out of poverty and enabling them to live with dignity.

7 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Thoughts?

'I want a normal life': Sharrouf kids wanted to leave Islamic State for years
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-15/sharrouf-children-say-they-wanted-to-leave-islamic-state-years/10989900

These constant articles about IS fans wanting to come home is just to soften the public up, anyone notice they keep moving the goalposts if the article doesn't strike a cord ?.

I would be seething mad if these kids ended up back here and in my daughter's class.

They're not worth the risk.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic