Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

Let's say for argument's sake, climate change is proven to false in the future. However, we implement a range of positive environmental policies and invest in renewable energy over the next few years. What's going to be the outcome?

A more sustainable, cleaner planet with a reduction of waste and pollution... 

Wow, what a **** result. My children and grandchildren are going to hate that :rolleyes: 

4 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

i know this happened a while ago but this video was just posted

I’m going to hate it aren’t I

Kerry Anne on morning TV says we should run over protestors, no response. This women asks a rhetorical question of how many more women must die

The show is taken down and calls for q and a to be axed.

Ffs I thought I was supposed to be the “snowflake”

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Kerry Anne on morning TV says we should run over protestors, no response. This women asks a rhetorical question of how many more women must die

it wasnt the only thing that was said but i didnt know kerry anne said that, as irritating as the protestors are maybe they shouldnt be run over

speaking of snowflakes the odd thing is the left are meant to be snowflakes but donald trump is the biggest snowflake of them all

2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Did you watch her on Q&A?

She was demented...as I think Goat might have said.

What she said was indefensible, from the little I could actually take in, my brain was so numb with her rantings.

39 minutes ago, wendybr said:

What she said was indefensible, from the little I could actually take in, my brain was so numb with her rantings.

Yep

im not a fan, but she didn’t support a far right racist, deny climate change or ridicule those protesting against inaction, so she was several steps in sanity up over your mate 

7 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

only for a few seconds plus what jordan is saying is actually right

but i dont expect you or many people to actually like that video either way with or without jordan

I’m guessing it’s the usual women have a women’s day why can’t we have a mans day 

4 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I’m guessing it’s the usual women have a women’s day why can’t we have a mans day 

nah its just peterson describing the apex fallacy

though the women's video believes in international man's day and i personally think both men and women deserve to have their issues focused on

57 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Now this is offensive 

57 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Labor just aren’t making enough of a performance or spectacularisation of the situation

No they're not.

Not so far.

I know they've been burned in the past (pardon the pun) and maybe they're waiting for things to get even worse, which I, sadly, think they will.

But they need to come out swinging soon...as your article observed.

10 minutes ago, wendybr said:

No they're not.

Not so far.

I know they've been burned in the past (pardon the pun) and maybe they're waiting for things to get even worse, which I, sadly, think they will.

But they need to come out swinging soon...as your article observed.

Nope they have been smashed every time , you know soon as they come out “swinging” it will be portrayed as “political opportunism” ironically by a ****wit in a baseball cap standing at a map he doesn’t understand 

30 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

i honestly dont know enough about tommy robinson to comment but racism in all its forms is bad,

Founder of the English Defence League a far right anti Islam group and former British Nationalist Party guy

basically like those Australian patriot nutters (Blair cotterel) but British 

Rubin defines him as a moderate who just cares for his country 

So when we talk about indefensible, I might of described him as indefensible but seeing as he makes a decent living out of defending far right nutters I’m not sure what is and isn’t defensible now 

In short he and Rubin are twats but Rubin is the more dangerous  twat as he is a clever one 

*Beer’s findings in 1987, published in 1988 as “Australian bushfire danger under changing climatic regimes”, became the first study in the world to ask what climate change was going to mean for wildfires.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/nov/17/what-could-i-have-done-the-scientist-who-predicted-the-bushfire-emergency-four-decades-ago

*Not the guy that posts on here

Edited by StringerBellend
9 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Nope they have been smashed every time , you know soon as they come out “swinging” it will be portrayed as “political opportunism” ironically by a ****wit in a baseball cap standing at a map he doesn’t understand 

They have to challenge that " not now" diversion.

Morrison's  lump of coal moment in Parliament should become a global meme depicting the irresponsibility of politicians who have espoused denial and inaction for decades.

Maybe even what has happened this last week isn't enough to galvanise the majority to demand change. But sooner or later people who have gone along with him will be affected, and the tide will turn.

Surely.  SURELY!

8 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

*Beer’s findings in 1987, published in 1988 as “Australian bushfire danger under changing climatic regimes”, became the first study in the world to ask what climate change was going to mean for wildfires.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/nov/17/what-could-i-have-done-the-scientist-who-predicted-the-bushfire-emergency-four-decades-ago

*Not the guy that posts on here

Yes.

It's been known f or decades.

18 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Founder of the English Defence League a far right anti Islam group and former British Nationalist Party guy

basically like those Australian patriot nutters (Blair cotterel) but British 

Rubin defines him as a moderate who just cares for his country 

So when we talk about indefensible, I might of described him as indefensible but seeing as he makes a decent living out of defending far right nutters I’m not sure what is and isn’t defensible now 

In short he and Rubin are twats but Rubin is the more dangerous  twat as he is a clever one 

oh then he is very racist, i hate those austrlaian patriot nutcases

14 minutes ago, wendybr said:

They have to challenge that " not now" diversion.

Morrison's  lump of coal moment in Parliament should become a global meme depicting the irresponsibility of politicians who have espoused denial and inaction for decades.

Maybe even what has happened this last week isn't enough to galvanise the majority to demand change. But sooner or later people who have gone along with him will be affected, and the tide will turn.

Surely.  SURELY!

What they have to do is highlight the reduction in funds and staff from frontline services......

.....".Under the 2019-20 NSW State Budget, Fire and Rescue had its capital expenditure budget cut by $28.5 million or 35 per cent. The Rural Fire Service has its capital expenditure budget cut by $49.9 million or 75 per cent."........

https://independentaustralia.net/article-display/gladys-berejiklian-slashes-fire-service-budgets-while-nsw-burns,13307

"

In terms of the budget of day to day operations of the Fire services, Fire and Rescue had its budget cut by $12.9 million or 1.6% and the Rural Fire Service had its budget cut by $26.7 million or 4.8%.

However, there is also one other key pillar of fire fighting that has also been hit by the budget cuts of the NSW Coalition Government: the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service. One of the most important tasks performed by Parks and Wildlife is controlled hazard reduction burns.

This pre-emptive action ensures that when bushfire season does arrive, the amount of deadwood and fuel for the fire is kept to an absolute minimum. This helps to ensure that if and when fires do occur they are more manageable and far less of a threat to property and communities.".......

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic