Jump to content
wendybr

Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Your generation, and those younger, dont give a sh*t about the Daily Terrorgraph's front page headlines...or those on The Australian's.

Surely they will lose their grip if young people take up the cause.

You and they need to hit the streets with mega rallies. Demand attention.

People power can work.

Why would the Government listen to anyone protesting when they just won an election they thought was unwinnable? 2 weeks ago Morrison was promising to ban climate protests.

Share this post


Link to post

if only if morrison had his house in danger of being set on fire by one of these bush fires

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Your generation, and those younger, dont give a sh*t about the Daily Terrorgraph's front page headlines...or those on The Australian's.

Surely they will lose their grip if young people take up the cause.

You and they need to hit the streets with mega rallies. Demand attention.

People power can work.

 

Long as young people don't listen to your mate on twitter then?

Or your other mate

 

Peterson doubts the scientific consensus on climate change. Peterson has said he is “very skeptical of the models that are used to predict climate change”, He has also said, “You can’t trust the data because too much ideology is involved”.  In a 2018 Cambridge Union address, Peterson said that climate change will not unite anyone, that focusing on climate change is “low-resolution thinking”, and there are other more important issues in the world.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, mack said:

Why would the Government listen to anyone protesting when they just won an election they thought was unwinnable? 2 weeks ago Morrison was promising to ban climate protests.

The school kids are trying, when they protest.

Don't give Morrison and co the chance to claim that the silent majority are with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, wendybr said:

The school kids are trying, when they protest.

Don't give Morrison and co the chance to claim that the silent majority are with them. 

Aren't the students deranged though?

 

 

Besides the "silent majority" had their chance a few months ago, they prefer franking credits and negative gearing.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Besides the "silent majority" had their chance a few months ago, they prefer franking credits and negative gearing.

You can only hope confronting situations like this change their minds, or wake them up.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, wendybr said:

You can only hope confronting situations like this change their minds, or wake them up.

It might if media both new and old didn’t feed them that climate change is some sort of inner city wokeness thing? 

Or that the greens caused it by stopping back burning.

or that youth protestors are deranged  (rubinism)

Or that firefights in California were inefficient in battling the blaze because they had “a woke diversity target” (another rubinism) 

or that climate change shouldn’t be dealt with by government (as it is just giving them more control) (another rubinism)

or that the scientific evidence isn’t there (a Petersonism) 

 

Share this post


Link to post

My local MP doesn't deserve a salary 

Angus Taylor to face grilling over doctored City of Sydney travel documents https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/nov/12/angus-taylor-to-face-grilling-over-doctored-city-of-sydney-travel-documents?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

My local MP doesn't deserve a salary 

Angus Taylor to face grilling over doctored City of Sydney travel documents https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/nov/12/angus-taylor-to-face-grilling-over-doctored-city-of-sydney-travel-documents?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Easy to see your admiration for your elected representative!

🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, mack said:

And all he did was forge an official document in an attempt to attack a critic, and then start a cover-up & lied about where he got the document.

Should be in jail.

And he in Scum's (Scum is my new name for ScoMo) ministry as Energy Minister.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, mack said:

And all he did was forge an official document in an attempt to attack a critic, and then start a cover-up & lied about where he got the document.

Should be in jail.

I'm not sure if this is just me getting old but it seems that NOTHING is a sackable/resignable offense these days for politicians. even when blatantly caught like this ****wit, they just ride out the short term news cycle and pretend like it never happened.

I know for sure that if I did what this clown did in my job I'd be at centrelink 9am the next day.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

I'm not sure if this is just me getting old but it seems that NOTHING is a sackable/resignable offense these days for politicians. even when blatantly caught like this ****wit, they just ride out the short term news cycle and pretend like it never happened.

I know for sure that if I did what this clown did in my job I'd be at centrelink 9am the next day.

Remember when we lost a Premier due to a wine bottle?

Seems so long ago 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Remember when we lost a Premier due to a wine bottle?

Seems so long ago 

exactly.

Cash & the AFP raids

Taylor & his dodgy documents

Parakeelia

Dutton's au pairs

Liu's China connections

Dodgy Chinese language voting info

Barnaby east australia water scandal

Barnaby's gwabegar farm land

Barnaby getting his unqualified side-girl a taxpayer funded gig

Branaby spitting on the ashes of those deceased in a fire

Just barnaby generally really

These are just off the top of my head - all probably would be resignations in times gone by. now we are so jaded by it we just shrug, a couple of people on twitter blow up and everyone just moves on. the standard we walk past etc tetc

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, wendybr said:

You can only hope confronting situations like this change their minds, or wake them up.

Will that make them 'woke'? ;)

Share this post


Link to post

George Pell granted leave to appeal to the High Court of Australia over his conviction.

Share this post


Link to post

sex workers are still criminalised in south australia? how backwards are they, having it legal makes it so much safer for everyone

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

:nono:

Australia...the sunburnt country........

Share this post


Link to post

The shock doctrine. 

Under the cover of bushfires the climate change evangelists tried to advance the football. 
 

The results have been embarrassing. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Legionista said:

The shock doctrine. 

Under the cover of bushfires the climate change evangelists tried to advance the football. 
 

The results have been embarrassing. 

Yes.....saying someone died because they were a greenie is embarassing.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Legionista said:

The shock doctrine. 

Under the cover of bushfires the climate change evangelists tried to advance the football. 
 

The results have been embarrassing. 

The argument about climate change has actually worked the other way imo. It has provided a convenient smoke screen for the brazen dereliction of duty our elected leaders have displayed in slashing budgets and refusing to meet with experts. The cost has been lives and homes - resignations should follow but won't because the debate has been side-tracked into 'greenies vs loco-nationals'.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Legionista said:

The shock doctrine. 

Under the cover of bushfires the climate change evangelists tried to advance the football. 
 

The results have been embarrassing. 

Not big on science then?

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Legionista said:

The shock doctrine. 

Under the cover of bushfires the climate change evangelists tried to advance the football. 
 

The results have been embarrassing. 

“Under the cover of bushfires”???

Soooooo.......when the predictions of climate change models become a reality....then the climate change “evangelists” are using the event as cover? That’s the dumbest argument I ever heard. Basically you are saying if they point to evidence it’s a conspiracy. :rofl:

Your losing your touch Legia. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/11/2019 at 7:26 PM, StringerBellend said:

Long as young people don't listen to your mate on twitter then?

Or your other mate

 

Peterson doubts the scientific consensus on climate change. Peterson has said he is “very skeptical of the models that are used to predict climate change”, He has also said, “You can’t trust the data because too much ideology is involved”.  In a 2018 Cambridge Union address, Peterson said that climate change will not unite anyone, that focusing on climate change is “low-resolution thinking”, and there are other more important issues in the world.

 

 

Can I just say that I had no idea JP was this far gone. As a psychologist and a scientist-practitioner, he should have more respect for the science, for scientists, for the scientific method. 
 

Low resolution thinking”? Lol. But getting men to “clean their room” is high resolution? See ya JP, your move away from psychology is complete. 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...