A-League 2020/21 Finals Discussion

24 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

o yeah...a leauge finals are on...what's doing?

Will have a read up on who is where if I can be arsed...

Cows beat seabogans 2-0 

adelaide 2 roar 1 

hopefully adelaide can win it from here, but I don’t see it.

going to be a sydney v city grand final at our home ground

that said I’m now getting a sneaking suspicion that foxtel will get it’s fairy tale story of the season and cows will beat city in a upset ( by upset I mean city are half the side when you take McClaren out)

Thanks CR for that 

Edited by StringerBellend
1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Cows beat seabogans 2-0 

adelaide 2 roar 1 

hopefully adelaide can win it from here, but I don’t see it.

going to be a sydney v city grand final at our home ground

that said I’m now getting a sneaking suspicion that foxtel will get it’s fairy tale story of the season and cows will beat city in a upset ( by upset I mean city are half the side when you take McClaren out)

Thanks CR for that 

Not confirmed that the grand final will be at Bankwest. If restrictions further ease it'll be at AAMI, if City make it of course. 

1 hour ago, GE942150 said:

Not confirmed that the grand final will be at Bankwest. If restrictions further ease it'll be at AAMI, if City make it of course. 

Fair point it will be only at our ground if cows win, which is a distinct possibility given the form or a McClaren less city 

So cows will have played a grand final at parra before us to 

12 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Fair point it will be only at our ground if cows win, which is a distinct possibility given the form or a McClaren less city 

So cows will have played a grand final at parra before us to 

I think City have just taken it easy and rested some players since they wrapped up the league. They get Nabout and Atkinson back, so that'll help. 

Edited by GE942150
4 minutes ago, GE942150 said:

I think City have just taken it easy and rested some players since they wrapped up the league. They get Nabout and Atkinson back, so that'll help. 

Weirdly I hope so as much as I can’t stand em unless they get their **** in a pile then easts will walk it 

11 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Weirdly I hope so as much as I can’t stand em unless they get their **** in a pile then easts will walk it 

Easts got lucky this season because City lost their best players to soceroos, whilst easts best players are foreigners, so they didn't lose anyone significant. The timing of everything just fell in their favour, including the Melbourne lockdown. 

Edited by GE942150
On 13/06/2021 at 12:23 AM, Midfielder said:

Disappointed in how many Cows fans showed up and does make you wonder if they were the right team to choose for the expansion….

The sole purpose of their existence was to sabotage the WSW fan base. But it'll never happen. Our fan base has already been well established due to our early success and when we are once again successful, we'll leave them for dead. 

2 hours ago, GE942150 said:

The sole purpose of their existence was to sabotage the WSW fan base. But it'll never happen. Our fan base has already been well established due to our early success and when we are once again successful, we'll leave them for dead. 

Our crowds aren’t much better these days 

we can’t keep assuming our early success with keep fans

we are now down the hardcore 

If we are successful again some bandwagoners will come back but only some, with 5 years of not making the finals we can’t really expect much more  

9 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Our crowds aren’t much better these days 

we can’t keep assuming our early success with keep fans

we are now down the hardcore 

If we are successful again some bandwagoners will come back but only some, with 5 years of not making the finals we can’t really expect much more  

Our crowds aren't much better because we have been horrible for 4 seasons. I'm confident we will get at least healthy crowds when we are back to being a top team.

16 hours ago, GE942150 said:

Our crowds aren't much better because we have been horrible for 4 seasons. I'm confident we will get at least healthy crowds when we are back to being a top team.

Me too although it’s been 5 now hasn’t it 

19 hours ago, pseudonym said:

Melbourne City vs Macarthur relocated to Jubilee Stadium

Imagine if WSW were a little more capable in defending

Could have jagged a home state final from 6th

ah well off to mediocrity we go :rolleyes:

will be interesting to see how big/small the crowd is now its more or less a home game for the Bull@hitters

23 hours ago, pseudonym said:

Melbourne City vs Macarthur relocated to Jubilee Stadium

Imagine if WSW were a little more capable in defending

Could have jagged a home state final from 6th

ah well off to mediocrity we go :rolleyes:

Mediocrity, I dream of us being mediocre that would be a step forward from total crap 

12 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Brett Emerton reckons the Bulls deserve a full house.....not sure what he's smoking...

Both teams deserve a full house, tbh.

Assuming we're not heading back to crowd restrictions??

Better for the A League if it's well supported. And I hope it's a cracking game.

:pardon:

Saying that the team that finished sixth and are playing an away final down the road from their home ground deserve a full house sounds a little tone deaf, especially when the team that finished first is playing their home final in another state.

Ticket Prices for City vs Macarthur (1 × Adult)

Active bays = $40

Bronze = $35

Silver = $40

Platinum = $60

Platinum Plus = $70

The fixture may deserve a full house

But does that have to come about through price gouging?

Does it have to come at the expense of the integrity of the competition?

It is sometimes challenging to schedule finals matches around other sports' fixtures, but it helps football stand out from AFL who lock in the MCG and NRL who lock in Stadium Australia for their respective grand finals

Are these fixtures controlled by the clubs (APL)? Like FFA used to control the finals? If so, poor form with ticket prices. Should've made them dirt cheap to get as many people in as possible. Neither team are a big draw card.

8 minutes ago, Carns said:

Are these fixtures controlled by the clubs (APL)? Like FFA used to control the finals?

Yes, Melbourne City released a statement to their fans advising that they tried arguing with the APL to have the match stay in Melbourne

The APL will keep the cash from the gate

• mack locked this topic