Australian National Team Match & General Discussion

Well that makes it official, Ronaldo is leaving Real Madrid. There's no way I can see them fitting both him and Holman into the same IX.

I like how RM play with 9 people.

They need a challenge

Barca play with 7

Well that makes it official, Ronaldo is leaving Real Madrid. There's no way I can see them fitting both him and Holman into the same IX.

I like how RM play with 9 people.

With Holman they only need 9.

Here is a hypothetical was debating this one with family.

Given the standard of the teams during Iraq vs Australia (this is no disrespect, I am talking about 2 Asian nations, one that fielded youth players and one arguably past its peak and in transition - as opposed to an Argentina or Brazil) - do you think if you fielded WSW against Iraq they would have been far more dominant?

Again taking into account WSW play week in week out during the A-league season while international teams do not have that luxury. Presuming they took that form into the Iraq  match, how do you think they would have went?

Given the standard of the teams during Iraq vs Australia (this is no disrespect, I am talking about 2 Asian nations, one that fielded youth players and one arguably past its peak and in transition - as opposed to an Argentina or Brazil) - do you think if you fielded WSW against Iraq they would have been far more dominant?

Again taking into account WSW play week in week out during the A-league season while international teams do not have that luxury. Presuming they took that form into the Iraq  match, how do you think they would have went?

since the event was grand final like, i think Iraq would have beaten wsw :P

since the event was grand final like, i think Iraq would have beaten wsw :P

Ouch!

How about they start hosting Aussie games on weekends in stead of Tuesday nights for **** sake!!!

This. This. This. This. Can anyone tell me why they AREN'T on weekends? 

I reckon they'd be all over us to be fair.

Yeah I think they would too. I think players hit a level where their technical and tactical awareness is of such a standard that even if they don't play together regularly they can still play at a reasonably decent standard, and when we speak about international teams like Iraq that is higher then the A-league.

Iraq 2 - 1 WSW with Kresinger netting

How about they start hosting Aussie games on weekends in stead of Tuesday nights for **** sake!!!

You go tell FIFA to do that.

Obviously they wouldn't listen unless i was female and had a booty like this below then maybe,but a bit of common sense would be nice to host games on weekends.Lets hope we can host some up coming friendly games on weekend before we go to Brazil

70440d1152558131-pretty-soccer-fans-2006

Qantas has dropped the Socceroos:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/socceroos-in-market-for-new-sponsor-after-qantas-opts-to-drop-team/story-fni2fopz-1226667142985

Any ideas for a new naming sponsor (alcohol companies are forbidden, which is good thinking)?

The Vegemite Socceroos (cheesy)

The Four'n'Twenty Pies Socceroos (meaty)

The Tom Waterhouse Socceroos (no, **** no)

The Westfield Socceroos ;)

The Cottee's Cordial Socceroos (sweet)

The Holden Socceroos (just hold'en together)

The McDonalds Socceroos (obese)

The Benson & Hedges Socceroos (thankfully not)

The Bonds Socceroos (undie control)

The Telstra Socceroos (overcharged)

Or, if we name them after what we last ate... The Savour Wasabi Flavoured Peas Socceroos (seriously hot)

Edited by waggafletcher

On the topic of Holman, am I the only one that think he is and always has been absolutely useless?

He's had one period of about 4 games where he wasn't useless. Incidentally most of those happened to be the WC 2010, but still.

Holman out, Mooy in.

On the topic of Holman, am I the only one that think he is and always has been absolutely useless?

He's had one period of about 4 games where he wasn't useless. Incidentally most of those happened to be the WC 2010, but still.

Holman out, Mooy in.

I made some money off him in that WC. Hero.

Just saw Holman is just about to sign with Al Nasr, what is it with the aussies and going to the middle eastern countries - still at relatively young ages.

Stay in europe at least till 30-31 then move to oil countries for your final good pay check.

I would definitely now play Rogic in that Holman position in Brazil.

Competitive have to be play on FIFA dates, I do not know why Asia doesn't have FIFA dates on weekends though...

Most Asian domestic leagues are occurring now, they don't follow Europe, that's why.