The Weather Thread.

................................and the car said it was still 36 degrees. By full time it was a chilly 32 degrees...

Can you ask your car when we get a cool change. ! lol

The weather forecast says it'll start to cool down about 3pm. My car is just happy I've parked it in the shade.

It's still 30 degrees here at 11.30 pm.

WTF!!!!!

Thank **** for air-con.

Also, I noticed this afternoon that next Sundays forecast for the game.

Parramatta - 39.

Richmond and Penrith - 43.

Most weather models are consistent that a severe heatwave will again strike next weekend.

Surely this will contribute to a very small crowd unfortunately?

Edited by Wanderboy

****..... wonder what time the southerly will get through on Sunday....... for Penrith looking at 44c Friday, 45c Sat and 44c Sunday!

Friday 10 February
Summary sunny.png Min 21 Max 41 Hot and sunny. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 0% rain_0.gif Sydney area

Very hot and sunny. Winds north to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h tending north to northwesterly early in the morning then becoming light in the early afternoon.

Sun protection recommended from 9:10 am to 5:20 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 14 [Extreme]

Saturday 11 February
Summary sunny.png Min 23 Max 43 Very hot and sunny. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 0% rain_0.gif Sydney area

Very hot and sunny. Winds south to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h tending northwest to southwesterly during the morning then tending south to southeasterly during the afternoon.

Sun protection recommended from 9:10 am to 5:20 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 14 [Extreme]

Sunday 12 February
Summary partly-cloudy.png Min 25 Max 41 Hot. Partly cloudy. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 20% rain_20.gif Sydney area

Very hot. Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. Winds north to northwesterly and light becoming northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the day then shifting south to southeasterly 20 to 30 km/h during the evening.

I have got to the point where I hate Sydney summers so much. I keep telling people summer is the worst season of the year. They tell me they love summer, only to sort of make some point about how they are an outdoors person. But walk outside and it is 40 degrees, hot, humid and you are sweating like a pig.

Nah I don't think summer is that good. Autumn will be here to save us all soon.

I have got to the point where I hate Sydney summers so much. I keep telling people summer is the worst season of the year. They tell me they love summer, only to sort of make some point about how they are an outdoors person. But walk outside and it is 40 degrees, hot, humid and you are sweating like a pig.

I've felt like that for 15 years.

I love living in Sydney, but I hate ******* summer. I've lived here all my life. I do however, have a holiday house that is in the Snowy Mountains and is at 900 mtrs above sl. I frequent it regularly.

I'm seriously so close to moving to somewhere like Orange or Blackheath, just to get away from the ******* heat.

I hate it.

I love living in Sydney, but I hate ******* summer. I've lived here all my life. I do however, have a holiday house that is in the Snowy Mountains and is at 900 mtrs above sl. I frequent it regularly.

I'm seriously so close to moving to somewhere like Orange or Blackheath, just to get away from the ******* heat.

I hate it.

I'd love to move down the South Coast somewhere. Love the little bit of coast line from Stanwell Park to Coledale. Have relatives in Port Kembla as well. It's just the work is in Sydney here. Haven't been able to afford a holiday house as yet.

I hate it.

I'd love to move down the South Coast somewhere. Love the little bit of coast line from Stanwell Park to Coledale. Have relatives in Port Kembla as well. It's just the work is in Sydney here. Haven't been able to afford a holiday house as yet.

Yeh, that's a nice part of the world as well.

I even prefer further south than that.

Gerringong, Culburra. Huskisson. Bateman's Bay etc.....

I just like the really cold winters that the Tablelands offer. I also like seeing it snow.

I used to be a big skier, but I'm past that now.

I just like really cold weather, fireplaces, and a glass of port on a wintery evening, and sitting in front of a fireplace reading a good book.

It beats this hot **** any day of the year.

Luckily I've sustained an injury otherwise I'd be playing cricket in 43 degree heat on Saturday  :lol:  :lol:

#fake

#don'tblameyou

I hate it.

I just like the really cold winters that the Tablelands offer. I also like seeing it snow.

I just like really cold weather, fireplaces, and a glass of port on a wintery evening, and sitting in front of a fireplace reading a good book.

Luckily I've sustained an injury otherwise I'd be playing cricket in 43 degree heat on Saturday  :lol:  :lol:

#fake

#don'tblameyou

Siberia? Gets fuucking cold there! :P

I hate it.

#fake

#don'tblameyou

Mongolia.

Ulan Bator.

I remember holidaying in Paris and Amsterdam around December, and I loved it :) Cold weather rules.

Yep.

I was lucky enough to once be in Amsterdam when the minimum temps were about -12 and the max temps were about -5. It was 1996.

Ice was all over the footpaths all day.

The canals were completely frozen over and people were ice skating.

It was a rare occurrence for that city but it was surreal.

And no, I didn't warm myself up by visiting the red light district.

I hate it.

#fake

#don'tblameyou

Mongolia.

Ulan Bator.

I remember holidaying in Paris and Amsterdam around December, and I loved it :) Cold weather rules.

Yep.

I was lucky enough to once be in Amsterdam when the minimum temps were about -12 and the max temps were about -5. It was 1996.

Ice was all over the footpaths all day.

The canals were completely frozen over and people were ice skating.

It was a rare occurrence for that city but it was surreal.

And no, I didn't warm myself up by visiting the red light district.

You walked past the windows with the girls on show right ?  :D If you missed that you missed Amsterdam...

If I could pick somewhere to live maybe Robertson on top on the Southern Highlands, just down the hill to the coast at Kiama, even snows at Robertson, but to be honest would be happy anywhere down Kiama way. I do love the beach and sea and don't think I could live somewhere like Bathurst or Orange as beautiful as they are. I know it takes a hell of a long time to get to the beach from near Parra where I am now, but it is a day trip at least. 

Yeah the summers can be too hot here but wouldn't swap for the UK climate. ******* dank drizzle, dark at 3pm in winter, not light until 8am, everyone trudging around looking ******* miserable in their winter layers, they get on with it in the usual stoic fashion of course.

Be interesting to see what time the southerly change hits Sunday and if the change brings big storms or not. Going to be a significant change this one, should flush the hot air out of much of NSW.

Southerly currently forecast to come through sometime in the evening on Sunday. That could be any time between 4 and 9 pm.

I think we'll have a better idea by Saturday afternoon. It might be why the FFA are delaying a change to our game time.

In the meantime, Renmark in SA reached 47.1 today. Holy ****!!

Be interesting to see what time the southerly change hits Sunday and if the change brings big storms or not. Going to be a significant change this one, should flush the hot air out of much of NSW.

Southerly currently forecast to come through sometime in the evening on Sunday. That could be any time between 4 and 9 pm.

I think we'll have a better idea by Saturday afternoon. It might be why the FFA are delaying a change to our game time.

Also with it just being the CCM from not far away rather than an interstate team they feel they have a bit more leeway. It is a hard one, the change could come through at 4pm with rain and much colder temps... just don't know yet.

Also with it just being the CCM from not far away rather than an interstate team they feel they have a bit more leeway. It is a hard one, the change could come through at 4pm with rain and much colder temps... just don't know yet.

Well, snow is forecast in Tasmania on Monday. Go figure!

Well, snow is forecast in Tasmania on Monday. Go figure!

Wish I was there, I went to Cradle mountain a few years ago and loved it! Until the Chinese tourists turned up at the Cradle Mountain lake and one of them chucked their food rubbish in the lake  :xmad: