Western Sydney Wanderers vs Melbourne City 22/11/2019 7:30PM

I hope the manager has worked on our midfield and forwards. We have an ok defence just need the attack to click. Contrary to what some say I think the bye would of been beneficial to us. Players back from injury. Our new imports get more training with the squad. Some niggles given a chance to heal....etc.

The starting line-up will be interesting.

I hope we get the Iranian ref.

7 hours ago, Jefski said:

With all the top players available and a week's rest, I'm expecting (hoping) for a much better performance from our last home game. Full squad, temp in the low 20's, no excuses, it's time to shine.

Given the squad we have, it couldn't be any worse than the last 2 games...

11 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

They have many other players to shut down. Craig Noone tore us apart in the FFA Cup.

That FFA Cup game we were missing senior players, Pirmin wasn't playing, Duke was out injured, players playing out of position and half our team were youth players

22 minutes ago, SBW said:

That FFA Cup game we were missing senior players, Pirmin wasn't playing, Duke was out injured, players playing out of position and half our team were youth players

Sure I understand that. i'm worried if we go back to a back 3 (which I assume we will) that Mcgowan is going to go back to what he was like before which was pretty woeful. At least this time he will most likely have Jurman and Ziegler with him. Let Georgevski back on the left and Kamau on the right and the defense looks pretty good. Can anyone provide any more information on what has happened in training over the last week.

2 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Meanwhile you bought a match worn football jersey of a so far useless player?

Sorry dude didn’t mean any offence 

as for the #nogrozosnoparty 

as Tony grieg would have said it will make a great souvenir for any board room 

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

How are our European players coping with training in this sort of weather - does anyone know??

Training,  or even worse, playing a game in these conditions will knock them for 6....surely?

They'll acclimatise.I would guess that the sport science & conditioning people at WSW would have it under control and with game starts being around 7.30pm...they'll cope for the most part.....a lot cooler at that time, 

2 hours ago, sonar said:

They'll acclimatise.I would guess that the sport science & conditioning people at WSW would have it under control and with game starts being around 7.30pm...they'll cope for the most part.....a lot cooler at that time, 

Not sure about this season, but some of those Perth and Adelaide games are generally earlier, I think, and with the heat they get, those will be the test.

Hopefully you're right.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic