Wanderers Crumble To 5 Straight Losses

13 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

I really should be taking this with a grain of salt since it comes from TWG, but seriously Babbel..."great attitude" 

2wIGIYk.png

It’s taken from the press conference, already talking about lack of relegation 

That soar poor sod looks broken 

Edited by StringerBellend
17 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I really wish it worked, but it doesn’t look like it has. Shame as he seems like a really decent man who wanted it to work too

This.

Unfortunately some take criticism of his coaching as criticism of the the man himself but they are two separate things..  I've worked with some kind,decent and quality people. They just weren't suited to the job they were doing. Same with Babbel.

2 hours ago, Flytox said:

Sorry but there is no way a football person like Lederer is in it for the money.  He knows better than that.  He is in it to provide something for western Sydney.  There is no way the owners will recoup what they have put in so far let alone what they will have to keep putting in.

The owners don't sign players, management does and that is where we have our ongoing problems.  Why do they sign so many duds?  Why don't they sign good locals instead of players that really should be coming off the bench at best?  Do we need a TD that has a team constantly scouting players on the ground and building contacts overseas so that when a coach comes in there is a dossier on all the players that might be available that meet A-League standards or marquee standards that fit our club in character and skills for the coach to choose from or add to?

Great post. My following points are just commentary on our season, not necessarily about your post.

My problem with this season is that we seem to have dug our own grave. Before the season started, we had filled a couple of import spots. No one really knew who Lopar was, and many questioned using an import position on a goal keeper. Well, how has that worked out? Our best signing?

Schwegler was also a mostly unknown. He has turned out to be another great signing, although due to our recent results, it's been suggested he is losing interest as our results have plummeted. I give him more credit than that. He is a thorough professional.

Majewski came highly credentialed, and performed well before injury. His injury was a massive blow to our season plans.

However, If I remember correctly, there was much excitement re the signing of double dot Muller as a replacement. I was one of the positive dudes. Seriously, what a dud he has been. Does he even give a ****?

Finally, I'm still willing to give Meier a massive chance. He has serious pedigree. 

He'd have 10+ goals by now if he played for the chunts on the other side of the city. It seriously is depressing that we waste such talent. 

What a seriously frustrating, wasted opportunity this season has been...….so far. We started with shite performances, yet we got points. We've played better since yet we've lost 5 on the trot. Go figure?

It's really going to take a miracle to get us out of this. Another loss this Friday and not even Santa Claus coming down the chimney 5 days later may save our season. 

I've mentioned several times that this season was our biggest chance to claw back our golden days from Pirtek. It makes me sad that it just appears to be ending in tears before our very eyes, while the unmentionables that only represent the East just keep on rolling on. I ******* hate that.

Does Babbel have the answers? I don't know. I'm yet to see that he does. That's a worry. I'm a Babbel till end of season type person. Yet, I'm fast losing my patience.

Edited by Wanderboy
27 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Great post. My following points are just commentary on our season, not necessarily about your post.

My problem with this season is that we seem to have dug our own grave. Before the season started, we had filled a couple of import spots. No one really knew who Lopar was, and many questioned using an import position on a goal keeper. Well, how has that worked out? Our best signing?

Schwegler was also a mostly unknown. He has turned out to be another great signing, although due to our recent results, it's been suggested he is losing interest as our results have plummeted. I give him more credit than that. He is a thorough professional.

Majewski came highly credentialed, and performed well before injury. His injury was a massive blow to our season plans.

However, If I remember correctly, there was much excitement re the signing of double dot Muller as a replacement. I was one of the positive dudes. Seriously, what a dud he has been. Does he even give a ****?

Finally, I'm still willing to give Meier a massive chance. He has serious pedigree. 

He'd have 10+ goals by now if he played for the chunts on the other side of the city. It seriously is depressing that we waste such talent. 

What a seriously frustrating, wasted opportunity this season has been...….so far. We started with shite performances, yet we got points. We've played better since yet we've lost 5 on the trot. Go figure?

It's really going to take a miracle to get us out of this. Another loss this Friday and not even Santa Claus coming down the chimney 5 days later may save our season. 

I've mentioned several times that this season was our biggest chance to claw back our golden days from Pirtek. It makes me sad that it just appears to be ending in tears before our very eyes, while the unmentionables that only represent the East just keep on rolling on. I ******* hate that.

Does Babbel have the answers? I don't know. I'm yet to see that he does. That's a worry. I'm a Babbel till end of season type person. Yet, I'm fast losing my patience.

Raddy was going to be the key link. 

Imo Schwegler is pissed off with the Australian match officials. He is still quality.

Muller is still not fit.

On 15/12/2019 at 9:08 AM, Upthehill said:

I don’t think I heard anyone asking for Elrich. Kamau to RB, DG to LB.

Agree on the Muller/Sullivan issue. Muller is always moving away from the ball and attacking the line. We’re basically playing with a 424

Could move Duke to fullback, as he spent much of his time in Japan there. With his motor he would have no trouble with the kms required for overlapping. Muller on the left wing, Kamau on the right, Sullivan in the middle, Meier up front. I feel something has to be changed in the attacking third to find some goals.

At least with Jurman and Zeigler we didn't get caught out with a throughball as we have each week prior.

3 hours ago, JustWandering said:

Could move Duke to fullback, as he spent much of his time in Japan there. With his motor he would have no trouble with the kms required for overlapping. Muller on the left wing, Kamau on the right, Sullivan in the middle, Meier up front. I feel something has to be changed in the attacking third to find some goals.

At least with Jurman and Zeigler we didn't get caught out with a throughball as we have each week prior.

I thought I was the only nutter thinking Duke to fullback or wing back 

He can cross a ball, 2 up front Meier and Adam and get the ball in the box 

I don't know how many more times I can say it, but we haven't looked good since we change the formation at the back end of pre-season and went to 4 at the back. For the entire off -eason / pre-season, we worked with 3 at the back and the wing-backs providing the width and that formation was working for us. DG and Kamau were providing that width and bombing forward, getting into attacking positions and creating chances. We were moving the ball quickly and attacking in numbers, Schwegler was screening the backline and Raddy starting to pull the strings in behind the strikers.

Kamau got injured, Raddy got injured, and we signed Meier and Muller who didn't really fit the formation that we were working towards and we changed it to try and accommodate them.

The end result, we have a team who doesn't know what they're supposed to be doing and a formation that is creating no chances.

Go back to Plan A.

Play a combo of Jurman / Ziegler / McGowan / Tass in the 3 centre back positions, with DG and Kamau on the flanks bombing forward.

Have Schwegler screen the back 3 and let Baccus or Sullivan do all the running next to him.

IT IS WHAT WORKED SO WELL IN PRE-SEASON.

Muller was signed to replace Raddy and he has started to find his feet in the last few games so give him the keys like we were going to give Raddy, and let him pull the stringers in behind Meier and Duke and work with the over-lapping wing backs.

Meier - Duke

Muller

Schwegler - Baccus
Danny G ----------------------------------- Kamau
Jurman --- Tass --- Ziegler

Lopar

And you know the other benefit of going back to what works? We've got the likes of Yeboah, Adam and Sullivan on the bench who can come on and influence a game with their pace.

JP out.
Pup in.