Western Sydney Wanderers vs Perth Glory 19/01/2020 6:30PM

1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

Unpopular opinion incoming but this is where “we will follow you forever active support” starts resembling Hillsong waiting for the rapture, it’s not good enough and I’m not having sing song the players should be told it’s not good enough 

Not enough people here to make a solid boo. If we're Geordies at St James Park, then yeah that would work.

6 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

WTF??

It's 100% McGowan's fault. He's the one that saw Ziegler under pressure and he still passed it to him anyway. How was Ziegler supposed to know the Perth player was charging towards him from behind?

Ziegler's overreacting to fouls annoys me, not a good look and also too slow, quite happy for him to be released.

My old man always reminds me about the North Sydney Oval days of Northern Spirit. They used to have two sets of what I will describe as active support - the flag waving youths up in one of the northern stands, and the English terrace wannabes (or pissheads) down at the southern end of the ground. The good thing about the arrangement is that there was always some variety in the chants, and the southern terrace usually had a unique chant for a different player (home or opposition) each week. They’d also give it to the team on occasion, which was fairly frequent in my final season supporting the club.

TLDR? I agree with the comment above that our own supporters could come up with some slightly critical chants from time to time.

Just now, Generator said:

My old man always reminds me about the North Sydney Oval days of Northern Spirit. They used to have two sets of what I will describe as active support - the flag waving youths up in one of the northern stands, and the English terrace wannabes (or pissheads) down at the southern end of the ground. The good thing about the arrangement is that there was always some variety in the chants, and the southern terrace usually had a unique chant for a different player (home or opposition) each week. They’d also give it to the team on occasion, which was fairly frequent in my final season supporting the club.

TLDR? I agree with the comment above that our own supporters could come up with some slightly critical chants from time to time.

2001 I used to go to Spirit games, before moving to Parra and following the Power. Never stood with the pissheads though,

2 minutes ago, Generator said:

This feels like the dieing days of northern spirit a bit 

Edited by StringerBellend
11 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

WTF??

It's 100% McGowan's fault. He's the one that saw Ziegler under pressure and he still passed it to him anyway. How was Ziegler supposed to know the Perth player was charging towards him from behind?

I think they are both at fault - he ambles back like he has all the time in the world, and doesn't protect the ball. McGowan's pass was just dumb. My comment is more based on his overall contribution. When he isn't ****ing things up, he is more interested in waving his arms and rolling around than actually playing the game. 

5 minutes ago, Generator said:

That's how Victory support was setup for a long time. Not sure if they're both still around now.

Typical Popa side isn't it. Happy to let us have the ball, organised, sit deep at times and happy for us to knock it around, then they step out and press. Few quick breats at times, everything you would expect from a Popa side and we are making it VERY easy for them, Perth look so comfortable.

This garbage sums up it.

EOoYhOxU0AA_Vd4.jpg:large

Left back has to point out space, because our attacking mid and one of our strikers are walking or offside, our two defensive midfielders are in a square line when one of them should be moving to find space & offer for a pass, our nominal frontline striker is hanging on the right wing where they'd need Georgievski to launch a lob through 4 defenders to get it to him.

Absolute rubbish.

Watching this half of football just confirms what most of us know......we are shyte..........my 6 year old nephews have more attack in them then us. Up front we are slow,static. We have nothing.

I’ve said from the very first day I saw him take the field but Ziegler offers nothing. Great name for a footballer but terrible player. So slow!!! Babbel got no idea if he can’t see that Sullivan would offer more in the middle.

Also from bay 228 these RBB drums piss me off. So much better when it’s just singing and the occasional drum. Anyway onto the inevitable loss.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic