Western Sydney Wanderers vs Perth Glory 19/01/2020 6:30PM

Save for a good win against the victory and then a fluke against ESFC, this season has lurched from one abject failure to the next. 

The Babbel experiment is over. Fraud. Myth. Hoax. Waste of f*cking time. 

And you know what this extends back to? Those that wanted to see the back of Popa after S5. One season without success, and many wanted him gone. You don’t realise what you have until it’s gone. 

What a shambles, what a joke. 

1 minute ago, Beer said:

And you know what this extends back to? Those that wanted to see the back of Popa after S5. One season without success, and many wanted him gone. You don’t realise what you have until it’s gone. 

One minor detail you missed.... He wasn't sacked....he was supposed to be here the season...a week before the start he said sayonara.

Popovic walked out on us.

Once again there were flashes of good play, and some grit, but still not enough to overcome the poor play at the start of the game and that dodgy pass which led to the Glory’s goal. A part of me wants to say I could see some improvements, but I think I’m finally over looking on the bright side of life, Life of Brian style.

As one of the 13 or so who voted #BabbelIn last week, I am now changing my vote.

With a bye next week, so two weeks to prepare against the CCM, and with an important match the week after against ESFC, I feel that a new coach can better prepare the team.

I was hoping for a new style of play now that Meier has left, but I saw the same thing so... yeah.

We tried. I look forward to the new coach.

I still have a headache.

1 minute ago, sonar said:

One minor detail you missed.... He wasn't sacked....he was supposed to be here the season...a week before the start he said sayonara.

Popovic walked out on us.

I do not begrudge him for that. Despite leaving us in the lurch, he wanted to further his career and himself as a manager. He knew that if it went tits up (which it obviously did) he would have a gig back here. 

What pisses me off is that we didn’t beg for him to come back, he owed us. 

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic