Bulls Broken By Milanovic Masterclass

3 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Partly it was us as well. We gotta give our defence credit here for shutting down Davila. He dropped really deep to get the ball. And Germain was a no show thanks to Marcelo dominance again.

Stervjoski also had a whole 2nd half to turn it around. Instead our boys went another gear to close out the game. The changes Rudan made when he did them were the right call. And its great leading into the Mariners game because you know they will be fired up for Tulio's last game. Gonna be yet another massive game against the Mariners.

Interview on field at the end of the game Sterjoski thought the bulls were the better team and should have come away with more, I thought for 75% of game we controlled it and the other 25% was a even Stevens midfield battle 

9 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Interview on field at the end of the game Sterjoski thought the bulls were the better team and should have come away with more, I thought for 75% of game we controlled it and the other 25% was a even Stevens midfield battle 

That's probably him not throwing his team under the bus on interview. He saw the game like us Macarthur were not at the races, we shut them out of the game. Jack Gibbs didn't have a save to make or a cross to come out for, they are in a rut of form atm.

Bulls are another air deep keep it tight team, when you go 1 0 down after 3 mins then 2 0 that game plan goes out the window 

What a strike though from Hollman. Nothing really Brook marking him could have done much different.

Even the ref had a decent game, a yellow each was fair enough for the mellee. Clisby could have got sent off there 

Good game by us, controlled most of the game, Bulls decided to sit back in the 2nd half as they had no answer of going forward.

Hendrix is just an all round classy player, glad we have him in the team.

Davilla is probably the best no.10 in the league but he is surrounded by NPL standard players who aren't at his level, he deserves so much better than that crap he has at the bulls.

1 hour ago, Keithie said:

Yeah I had a chuckle at that one.....not sure what game he was watching.  I was actually impressed with our style of play last night.....mixing up the game plan and midfielders making themselves available in good spaces. Off ball work was excellent. At times it looked as if we were playing with an extra man. 

35 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Bulls are another air deep keep it tight team, when you go 1 0 down after 3 mins then 2 0 that game plan goes out the window 

What a strike though from Hollman. Nothing really Brook marking him could have done much different.

Even the ref had a decent game, a yellow each was fair enough for the mellee. Clisby could have got sent off there 

hmmmm no watching highlights again Brooke should have been closer. He isn't close enough to apply pressure and is more of a training cone with the distance he has. He lets him get on his right foot and time to look up to have a crack. Needed to show him the line, force him outside. But then its more likely he doesn't think Holman could have done what he did either.

Clisby looking after his teammate. Full bodied Taylor after he tried to wind up Priestman.

30 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

good to see Marcelo acting like a captain and keeping his cool this year, he really has been impressive, constantly getting his head on the ball first in both boxes I may add, you could see him giving advice non stop to Bonetig about placement, he's coming on really well.

a difference to last year, yesterday the Clisby incident could easily have seen him racing over and putting someone in a head lock, he's keeping that side of his game in check, but you know he's just keeping a lid on it, the dog is still there in his locker.

surprised Bulls let him saunter up the middle yesterday and let him rip a 30 plus screamer at goal that just fizzed over the bar, put that down to Hendrix pulling cover to him to create space.

16 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Missed the last 5 minutes of the game due to P+ crashing again - that's five times in one game.

Absolute piece of crap. I can see why there are so many complaints against the app now. Pathetic.

Anyway, now that I know what the TV viewing experience is like, see y'all next week vs CCM

Paramount always crashes/freezes on my TV, but it always works on my mobile perfectly. I always smart screen my mobile to my TV and never have a problem.

We still haven't figured out how to get the best out of Antonssen. He lacks service and no fault of his own. Glad he scored and had a few chances to add to his tally.

I still laugh how the marketing is trying to make this a derby but both wsw and SFC basically ignore the existence of the Cows. Their away (and home for that matter) attendance is embarrassing and they should never have been given the license in the first place.

Edited by Erebus
11 minutes ago, Erebus said:

We still haven't figured out how to get the best out of Antonssen. He lacks service and no fault of his own. Glad he scored and had a few chances to add to his tally.

I still laugh how the marketing is trying to make this a derby but both wsw and SFC basically ignore the existence of the Cows. Their away (and home for that matter) attendance is embarrassing and they should never have been given the license in the first place.

Are the stories true Western United,  Players have not been paid for 2 months and the home ground deal has fallen through , my wife said the commentators talked about it on Saturdays Western United game but she sometimes never gets it right :)

Edited by Keithie
15 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Yeah he's not a creator. He will need far better service than what he's been given however he's scored 5 in 10. Mila and Brook have a tendancy to just shoot if theyre anywhere near the 18yd box. Pierias has at least attempted to give him service but his end product has been very questionable. Ninko or similar will start that process off I think. Antonosson makes intelligent runs and they just arent rewarded. Ninko will pick him out all day long, but at this rate we will only get about about 180 minutes out fo the old fella. Someone has to step up to play provider

1 hour ago, WanderingToqui said:

Paramount always crashes/freezes on my TV, but it always works on my mobile perfectly. I always smart screen my mobile to my TV and never have a problem.

I have a 5/6 year old Samsung Smart TV and I was advised that in early December it was no longer compatible with the Optus Sports App. I have alternative methods of getting my Optus fix but coincidentally Paramount+ started playing up around the same time. I have no reliable Paramount+ option now other than cast from my iPhone.

2 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

hmmmm no watching highlights again Brooke should have been closer. He isn't close enough to apply pressure and is more of a training cone with the distance he has. He lets him get on his right foot and time to look up to have a crack. Needed to show him the line, force him outside. But then its more likely he doesn't think Holman could have done what he did either.

Clisby looking after his teammate. Full bodied Taylor after he tried to wind up Priestman.

I'm not sure Brook did the wrong thing, maybe could have been closer but generally you'd be pretty happy to let someone shoot from their rather than take you on given there was no cover.

7 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

I have a 5/6 year old Samsung Smart TV and I was advised that in early December it was no longer compatible with the Optus Sports App. I have alternative methods of getting my Optus fix but coincidentally Paramount+ started playing up around the same time. I have no reliable Paramount+ option now other than cast from my iPhone.

Buy a Chromecas.they are cheap and the.new.onew with the remote and google TV have a much better interface than the Samsung anyway 

Fact is these TV OSs won't be supported more than a few years by the manufacturer as it is, so it's nigh impossible for app developers to have their apps available or compatible with aging systems who's tech is left behind.

Best option is to have Android TV/Chromecast or Apple TV as these will always be updated. 

Having said that my NVIDIA Shield with Android TV has had flakey quality issues in the past with P+ on live games. Video quality constantly going from bad to worse to slightly better and back again. Seems to have stabilised as the season progressed. But when I cast from my phone to the inbuilt Chromecast in the Shield the quality and fps is consistent.

Go figure.

Edited by Erebus

My 3 options for Paramount prior to about a month ago were,

My TV is a 2 year old Samsung 85" with 4k

From the APPS on foxtel hardwired and worked a treat until a couple of weeks ago when I could watch all games except the 7:45 kickoff games in paramount it would not change from 7:45 start to live. That has change this weekend to starting at 7:45 no pre game or anything as soon the 7:45 ticked over I could watch it.

From the Samsung I could get Paramount until a month a go when it started to hang after about 25 minutes , it would hang the TV and it would take 5 to 10 minutes to get TV going again the TV is hard wired to the network, 

Third option is a chromecast one with the remote but I find quality a little below the wired connections , it does allow me to watch the games

Reported all of this to Paramount without success

7 hours ago, WSWJACK said:

good to see Marcelo acting like a captain and keeping his cool this year, he really has been impressive, constantly getting his head on the ball first in both boxes I may add, you could see him giving advice non stop to Bonetig about placement, he's coming on really well.

a difference to last year, yesterday the Clisby incident could easily have seen him racing over and putting someone in a head lock, he's keeping that side of his game in check, but you know he's just keeping a lid on it, the dog is still there in his locker.

surprised Bulls let him saunter up the middle yesterday and let him rip a 30 plus screamer at goal that just fizzed over the bar, put that down to Hendrix pulling cover to him to create space.

You could see it was part of the Bulls game plan to wind him up. As soon as the Clisby v Lewis incident happened Uskok ran straight for Marcelo to try and get him involved. I’m guessing Jurman would have too if he wasn’t already on a yellow.

Last season Marcelo would have BJJ’d himself to a few weeks off. This time he was having none of it.

1 hour ago, Hughesy said:

every player spent the 90 mins rolling around for a foul

Starts with the captain (Davila) and works it way through the team.

The only bright spark was Jake Hollman who didn't dive this time. 

BTW what would Borello be doing in his rehab now?

I was interested in how we set up coming out from the back. 3 at the back - Marcello on right, Bonetig middle and Clisby left. Simmons was right wing/back and Milanovic left wing, with Hendrix coming back in the middle and Priestman and Brook higher midfield, Badelato and Antonsson higher up.

It gave us plenty of options and the movement in midfield was really good. Hendrix moved around and received the ball in his space. Bonetig and Marcelo were willing to play longer balls, run the ball into space or patiently pass along the backine until there was space.

2 hours ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

I was interested in how we set up coming out from the back. 3 at the back - Marcello on right, Bonetig middle and Clisby left. Simmons was right wing/back and Milanovic left wing, with Hendrix coming back in the middle and Priestman and Brook higher midfield, Badelato and Antonsson higher up.

It gave us plenty of options and the movement in midfield was really good. Hendrix moved around and received the ball in his space. Bonetig and Marcelo were willing to play longer balls, run the ball into space or patiently pass along the backine until there was space.

Pattern of play due to Bullsh1tters not pressing high

Diagonals by Marcelo to Milarnovic 

Diagonals by Bonnetig to Brook

Then on the deck for the goals when the press eventuated 

2 hours ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

It escapes the huge issue of Clisby get bummed 5 times a game because Rudan was using both wing back like wingers. Jacko stays at home, having a huge had start on the on much faster wingers.