Sydney Stadiums Discussion (Not Parramatta)

There is no way any derbies will be played there after Parramatta is finished. UNLESS the renovations are a massive success (plans look good).

Our second derby there this season will be lucky to exceed 45k

You think fewer ESFC will make the trip next time? :)

We get near 62K for the opening round, minimal advertising and buildup, and coming off a 4-1 loss, right after the NRL finishes. Even if we're struggling for form and results, I think we'll go closer to 55-57K. A top of the table clash could draw 70K or more.

Plenty will happen between now and Feb. It derby day. Anything can and will happen.

And I hope you're right about playing there once Parra is finished. However I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks the FFA will have other ideas, especially when it comes to final$. In that respect, I really hope the renos at ANZ are reasonably successful.

Edited by SomeGuy1977

The stadium is set to be demolished by the end of this year, and the NSW Government will soon start allocating items to sporting and community groups as part of the process. Venues NSW, the government body that manages Parramatta Stadium, is encouraging­ sporting groups to apply.

“The decommissioning plan is expected to be finalised by November and will consider the disposal of the various assets on the site including­ seating,†a Venues NSW spokesman said.

“There has already been strong interest from football clubs into acquiring seats for suburban and regional grounds, and other useful items.â€

Sporting bodies can apply via info@pirtekstadium.com.au

Community sporting groups can apply for items from Pirtek Stadium during the stadium decommissioning process. Someone at the Wanderers should apply to save the taps from the dressing room renovation. Save the taps! 😊

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/parramatta/chance-to-own-a-piece-of-parramatta-stadium/news-story/02f093d9448899a7cd892707717aae72

Edited by FCWanderers

There is no way any derbies will be played there after Parramatta is finished. UNLESS the renovations are a massive success (plans look good).

You think fewer ESFC will make the trip next time? :)

We get near 62K for the opening round, minimal advertising and buildup, and coming off a 4-1 loss, right after the NRL finishes. Even if we're struggling for form and results, I think we'll go closer to 55-57K. A top of the table clash could draw 70K or more.

Plenty will happen between now and Feb. It derby day. Anything can and will happen.

And I hope you're right about playing there once Parra is finished. However I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks the FFA will have other ideas, especially when it comes to final$. In that respect, I really hope the renos at ANZ are reasonably successful.

I think 60k included all potential Wanderers fans.

I don't see many part-timers coming back after experiencing that terrible stadium.

No but A-league final would be played there, I think thats why is important Parramatta is 35k, stronger case to hold a final. I suspect the FFA want the Sydney derby to be like our state of origin,the premeir even for the league and push it to be in ANZ.

Socceroo matches playyed there would be pretty cool, It would be the national stadium.  

It will be interesting to follow and compare the North Qld Stadium which will virtually parallel our stadium.  Its to be 25k and has just reached the shortlisting of architects stage.

http://www.architectureanddesign.com.au/news/four-architecture-firms-shortlisted-for-north-quee?utm_content=buffer0da59&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

It will be interesting to follow and compare the North Qld Stadium which will virtually parallel our stadium.  Its to be 25k and has just reached the shortlisting of architects stage.

http://www.architectureanddesign.com.au/news/four-architecture-firms-shortlisted-for-north-quee?utm_content=buffer0da59&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

At least the bloody qlders like to get things going without any delays

It has been slower than our new stadium.  The Qld government produced a report on it in 2011 and council bought the land for it last year.

Edited by Flytox

It has been slower than our new stadium.  The Qld government produced a report on it in 2011 and council bought the land for it last year.

Feels like forever with the North Queensland stadium. Still feels like it won't be done before ours is either.

Saw a stadium in Mexico online, would love a bigger version of this:

Club Necaxa Stadium/Estadio Victoria

fd2d54674510d089196550be53039da3.jpg

Holds about 24,000. Make it a little bigger and perfect.

Feels like forever with the North Queensland stadium. Still feels like it won't be done before ours is either.

Saw a stadium in Mexico online, would love a bigger version of this:

Club Necaxa Stadium/Estadio Victoria

fd2d54674510d089196550be53039da3.jpg

Holds about 24,000. Make it a little bigger and perfect.

If you put that gap on this bottom right edge facing towards the river and city where the away fans are then yes, perfect.

If the proposed ANZ downsize/upgrade happens and all seats are brought in significantly closer with a roof added, I wouldn't be against holding our derbies here.

With 45k Wanderers fans and 15k Syd FC fans, I think the place would be rocking, even louder than Allianz and with a higher % of WSW supporters.

Pirtek would awesome of course with a 28k/2k fan split but if the atmosphere between Pirtek and the new ANZ is comparable, I'd understand if the club went for the extra revenue.

Edited by Hiriser

Has this been posted about safe standing?https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/09/safe-standing-hillsborough-rail-seating-bundesliga-celtic

Don't read the comments, people are ignorantly locked in the past and arrogantly opinionated

"Australia is bringing it in."[/size]

We are?[/size]

Yeah, noticed that. Was going to ask the author if he knew something that the general footballing public in Australia don't

At least we're not as bad as the new stadium for Las Vegas. Guy who owns Oakland Raiders (some really, really rich dude) is going to move the team once a stadium is built. Using about $350M of his own money and about $650 of public money. So, surely that's enough to build a pretty decent stadium. A $1 billion stadium? Nope... let's make it $1.9 billion with some investors. Crazy, crazy, crazy.

At least we're not as bad as the new stadium for Las Vegas. Guy who owns Oakland Raiders (some really, really rich dude) is going to move the team once a stadium is built. Using about $350M of his own money and about $650 of public money. So, surely that's enough to build a pretty decent stadium. A $1 billion stadium? Nope... let's make it $1.9 billion with some investors. Crazy, crazy, crazy.

Knowing America though it'll probably be full of unnecessary crap. I don't even want to know how much the equivalent would cost to build here...

Knowing America though it'll probably be full of unnecessary crap. I don't even want to know how much the equivalent would cost to build here...

Americans have swimming pools, shopping centers and aquariums at their stadiums.

Sometimes I wonder whether they go to watch the game or go to enjoy the utilities offered by Burger King Stadium

Americans have swimming pools, shopping centers and aquariums at their stadiums.

Sometimes I wonder whether they go to watch the game or go to enjoy the utilities offered by Burger King Stadium

I think theres a lot of truth in that, anecdotally I remember speaking to an American who went to  arsenal vs olympiakos game, said europeans watch it differently, how they focus on pass of the game and are completely engaged in the game, whereas in the US they go in and out of games.

Edited by wengerboy

I think part of that culture is derived from baseball and NFL. Both sports have copious amounts of stoppages to allow you to get up, move around, grab beer, grab food. I mean, in hockey and NFL the 1-minute and 2-minute warnings respectively, started to allow concession stands to get ready to open up for the break in play.

The stadiums in the US are just amazing though, even with the Wi-Fi, shopping centres and extra mod-cons we'd all love to have one as our home.

I think part of that culture is derived from baseball and NFL. Both sports have copious amounts of stoppages to allow you to get up, move around, grab beer, grab food. I mean, in hockey and NFL the 1-minute and 2-minute warnings respectively, started to allow concession stands to get ready to open up for the break in play.

The stadiums in the US are just amazing though, even with the Wi-Fi, shopping centres and extra mod-cons we'd all love to have one as our home.

Been to a few stadiums in the US for NFL and other sport events. Tampa Bay and New York, Madison Square garden, Barclays in Brooklyn, they are all on another level as far as comfort, food and drink. They are also on another level as far as security, there is no way you would be getting into a game with a flare there I can tell you. I particularly enjoyed being given some beers by the local lads on the train going to the game, yep you can drink on the train haha, but don't mess up or you will be dealt with swiftly that's for sure....

Tenderers have been selected but tenders haven't been called yet.  I assume they are waiting for Stage 1 to be approved as some of the parameters will be determined by the EIS process.  Currently the Stage 1 approval is due "late" this year.  Tenderers will keep their plans close to their chest until the tenders close I reckon.  Construction is still planned to start mid next year so tenders will have to be assessed as soon as possible so the successful tenderer has time to finish the design and get building approval before then.

Tenderers have been selected but tenders haven't been called yet.  I assume they are waiting for Stage 1 to be approved as some of the parameters will be determined by the EIS process.  Currently the Stage 1 approval is due "late" this year.  Tenderers will keep their plans close to their chest until the tenders close I reckon.  Construction is still planned to start mid next year so tenders will have to be assessed as soon as possible so the successful tenderer has time to finish the design and get building approval before then.

Thanks mate.

So, reading into that, don't expect any designs until maybe into the new year?

Edit: Hope your recovery is coming along well.

Edited by Wanderboy