Squad Development 2016/17 Part 1

Could it be that Murnane signing is more cover for LB or is Jamo really going

See my previous post

Burns would be great, but unfortunately this is how I see the phone call going:

WSW: "G'day Nathan, how you doing?"

Burns: "Good thanks WSW"

WSW: "That's good. You interested in playing for us? We know you're on $900k, but we're only willing to offer you $500k, sound good?

Burns:

WSW: "You there Nathan?"

Bulut needs to repay the faith in Popa if this goes ahead. Popa is giving him a chance. He needs to put his head down and work on football alone and leave the rest of the crap behind. He has that fire and determination on the park that few Aussie strikers have. I noticed this a few years ago at the u19/20s? WC.

He needs to reach his potential and playing regularly is what he needs. If he plays well, stays out of trouble and scores a bagful of goals, WCQ are just around the corner for him. Him and McClaren fighting for that spot in the Socceroos will be good for all of us.

2 year deal means he can score 15 goals 2 seasons in a row here and in ACL and force Ange to pick him for the WCQ and WC squad. Surely that has to be his ambition and mid term goal. Popa is someone that can help him achieve that. The ball's in his court though.

There is a lack of available decent Aus strikers so him signing with us makes sense.

Lets hope so - I can't see Mitch putting up with the shenanigans and gobful Bulut would give guys like Tomi

@taurus

Any idea what the team budget has been set at ?

Are we using both marque spot for "Marques " or will they just put our most expensive players out side the cap if we get close to spending over the limit ?

We spent about 4 mill last season on players, so I assume we'd have a similar budget this year.

I expect our final visa signing to be a marquee player, however, Popa can always delay the signing of a 2nd marquee until January, if he perceives better opportunities may exist prior to the ACL commencing.

That would makes sense with probably signing for us at that time

My first post, how exciting. I think bulut will be good for us. Surely his passion and energy can only have a positive effect on the rest of the squad. If nothing else it will add to the entertainment of it all. Also hope he has learnt a bit more about the offside rule while he was away

True. A player with a personality is a rare thing here at Western Sydney Robotics

“One of the main reasons I am coming back is the fans … I am so much loved by them and I love them back," he told The World Game from Turkey.

“It it’s important for a player to have that emotional connection with the supporters, it’s a feeling that’s hard to express.

“It’s a great relationship and I’m excited by the thought of playing in front of them again... I feed off that that support.â€

Hence why we all love him.

Edited by wanderersfanatic

Nathan Burns is still a possibility I guess but comes down if we want to sign him or not

Bulut

Seiko Burns

Mitch

Work that phone Popa.

That's a very direct front 4

Haha had it set out different but the magnitude of the Bulut signing must have the thread in meltdown just as I posted.

Edited by BenchRiotSquad

And so it begins...

what about the comments on that article by Rob Job (if that is your real name):

"Doesn't he bring the game into disrepute just by his looks, let alone his actions - a great role model for all aspiring juniors looking up to this buffoon. Step in FFA and do your job properly !!"

LOL sooooo looking forward to this.

And so it begins...

what about the comments on that article by Rob Job (if that is your real name):

"Doesn't he bring the game into disrepute just by his looks, let alone his actions - a great role model for all aspiring juniors looking up to this buffoon. Step in FFA and do your job properly !!"

LOL sooooo looking forward to this.

I love the hate he's getting, its just going to fire him up even more, the guy is fuelled by the naysayers.

Remember the shhhhh celebration at Suncorp , lol