Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

I've just gotta say...….

That screenshot that lays with my post. How good does the north end look????

If we can't make this the most intimidating stadium in the country, and if the club don't see the potential in creating the best A-League team, this will be the biggest lost opportunity ever.

After 3 seasons of tearing us apart at SOP, this is seriously our best chance to get back to where we were.

We really need to fill this place.

It's 100% not rail seating where the seat locks completely upright like in European stadiums.

I suppose if proper attention was given to the seating as it was installed, that you could swap out the entire section in the month or so between the NRL finishing and the A-League starting, and then I assume, once the A-League ends in early May (or sooner if WSW fail to get into/progress in the finals), put the seating back somewhere between Rounds 4 and 8 of the NRL.

If the Eels had a cry about rail seating that might be the solution.

edit - I've also discovered I have a weird doppleganger on the eels fan forum :S

2 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

I've just gotta say...….

That screenshot that lays with my post. How good does the north end look????

If we can't make this the most intimidating stadium in the country, and if the club don't see the potential in creating the best A-League team, this will be the biggest lost opportunity ever.

After 3 seasons of tearing us apart at SOP, this is seriously our best chance to get back to where we were.

We really need to fill this place.

I still wish there wasn't a gap between the roof and the back of the stand to allow a totally enclosed feel...but being picky as looks awesome..

11 minutes ago, mack said:

It's 100% not rail seating where the seat locks completely upright like in European stadiums.

I suppose if proper attention was given to the seating as it was installed, that you could swap out the entire section in the month or so between the NRL finishing and the A-League starting, and then I assume, once the A-League ends in early May (or sooner if WSW fail to get into/progress in the finals), put the seating back somewhere between Rounds 4 and 8 of the NRL.

If the Eels had a cry about rail seating that might be the solution.

I agree. Certainly not rail seating and I'm guessing that the powers that be had a cry about it somewhere along the line.

3 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

One of these installing at your bay?

See the source image

That's a bit mean. Wait till you are 70. 

Edited by Wanderboy
11 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I still wish there wasn't a gap between the roof and the back of the stand to allow a totally enclosed feel...but being picky as looks awesome..

I guess the benefit there is on a hot sticky night it allows some sort of breeze opportunity to release hot air trapped under the "tarp' to vent out?

not an engineer but just I've convinced myself there. 

12 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

One thing I think I noticed. 

It doesn't look like there has been safe standing / Rail seating installed at the northern end.

I stand to be corrected. (No pun intended.)

There was supposed to be 1,000 capacity safe standing in the centre of the bottom tier..

Bluecube won the contract for the seating and they have a product called Fast-latch that is a system that allows you to quickly remove seating and replace it using the same fixings with safety rails.  That might be what has been used.

8 minutes ago, Flytox said:

There was supposed to be 1,000 capacity safe standing in the centre of the bottom tier..

Bluecube won the contract for the seating and they have a product called Fast-latch that is a system that allows you to quickly remove seating and replace it using the same fixings with safety rails.  That might be what has been used.

Yes, that could be what has happened here. Cheers for that.

http://www.bluecubeseating.com/portfolio/fast-latch/

• mack locked this topic