Condolences (RIP)

7 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

It's on Foxtel (Fox Classic I think)

Wish we got good game shows like that here instead of frigging Lego Masters and Zumbo Desserts

Trebek’s passing is very sad - an absolutely amazing game show host, I wanted to go to a taping when I went to the US but my dates didn’t coincide 

• 2 weeks later...

That game at the 1986 world cup against England sums up Maradona though doesn't it.

A sublime goal where he drifts past players with ease..spell binding, perhaps only matched by Best and Pele.

The other goal he did the dirty..

He was photoed snorting the white stuff at that world cup also...started a good while back.

Edited by Smoggy
55 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

That game at the 1986 world cup against England sums up Maradona though doesn't it.

A sublime goal where he drifts past players with ease..spell binding, perhaps only matched by Best and Pele.

He was photoed snorting the white stuff at that world cup also...started a good while back.

Sounds like some haven't gotten over it..... that is the beauty of some legends (in this case true) - they are eternal, just like Diego will be.

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Maradona was good

Pele was better

But George was Best...

2 hours ago, Ossified said:

On the same day 15 years ago George Best died.

From what I have seen...on his day Georgie Best is the greatest to play the game. The things he could do with ease was ridiculous....

He retired at what 27ish...had a few come backs where he messed about..Fulham and in the USA but not the same.

What a tragedy that the world didn't get to see more of him playing...his drinking and inner demons robbed us all..and him of course..

3 hours ago, alexd said:

Sounds like some haven't gotten over it..... that is the beauty of some legends (in this case true) - they are eternal, just like Diego will be.

lol i am messing about. To be honest I was only 7 then and didn't really understand it all..

I have vague memories of my old man going ballistic and calling him a 'bloody cheating Argie bastard' lol

19 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

lol i am messing about. To be honest I was only 7 then and didn't really understand it all..

I have vague memories of my old man going ballistic and calling him a 'bloody cheating Argie bastard' lol

Just adds a little to the history between the two countries........:ninja:

13 hours ago, marron said:

Some footage of him in warmup - not for some mickey mouse game, but the UEFA cup semi with Napoli

I like how when he has the ball he looks like one of the greatest footballers of all time, but without the ball he look like he's at a music festival after a few too many disco biscuits.

There is much said about the English being sour about Maradona in 86, but when you listen to the English commentary for the second goal I think it captures how the majority felt...’you have to say that’s magnificent.......pure football genius....’ I can think of a good few other nations where the commentary would not be so gracious....

Edited by Smoggy