Memberships 2018/19

On 13/09/2018 at 7:33 PM, Nathg said:

Opened my pack today. White hat is such poor quality, long threads/stitching hanging loose all over it. In the cupboard it goes with what feels like 20 other wanderers hats... didn’t even get any stickers, just a blank sheet of white cardboard. No need for yet another lanyard, wish they’d included another air freshener this year!

Seriously though. I’ll be emailing the club tomorrow with my thoughts. It has been mentioned before, there should be an opt out for membership packs. It’s is just useless crap that will mostly be thrown out..

Agreed, i would wear this for a few week then have to throw it out it seems that poor of quality also where is our champions league star ffs! I will also be emailing to tell them my disappointment and to give them ideas for future membership packs which should include new things like a bottle opener or maybe a beach towel if they were feeling generous instead of a hat every year. Even a sun visor would be sweet, just something different to keep their members on their toes and excited to receive their membership packs each year.

On 13/09/2018 at 9:46 PM, Unlimited said:

I like the white cap - it's different

Real question is, is the Big Mac voucher reusable for each day????

I was wondering the same thing haha might give it a go

3 hours ago, xposedPatricK said:

i look so special with my hat on 

I know you're being sarcastic. 

I actually look sensational with my cap on, but I'm not sure it's got anything to do with the cap.

On a side note, both myself and Wanderboy jnr had our caps on when Wandergirl younger sister (who isn't a member) came home from school today.

She ignored us till we made a comment, to which she replied...... "Yes, I can see your caps!!!!."

She wasn't in a good mood. Lol. Wanderboy and I both had a good chuckle. Hehehehehe.

Now, I have hours of making up to her. God forbid, the sucking up I need to do. Lol.

7 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Well you get 13 games of football. Isn’t that what we pay for?

The rest is just marketing. 

I get that. But compared to what we had in the pass, you have to agree the membership packs this year have been crap. The membership you pay for also includes a package of merch - id rather get quality things that won’t end up in the vinnies bin.

7 hours ago, thefairy said:

noone is telling you to stop whinging.

keep whinging whinger. lol

Sharing my opinion ya fairy

1 hour ago, xposedPatricK said:

I get that. But compared to what we had in the pass, you have to agree the membership packs this year have been crap. The membership you pay for also includes a package of merch - id rather get quality things that won’t end up in the vinnies bin.

I wonder what membership would cost if there were no extras.  If it's negligible and the stuff is just added for advertising/marketing purposes, then who cares. But if it is going to reduce the cost by like $20-$30 dollars, maybe that would be an option. Outside of the tickets, half the fun is waiting to see what's in it! 

4 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

I wonder what membership would cost if there were no extras.  If it's negligible and the stuff is just added for advertising/marketing purposes, then who cares. But if it is going to reduce the cost by like $20-$30 dollars, maybe that would be an option. Outside of the tickets, half the fun is waiting to see what's in it! 

Membership prices haven’t gone down and it’s evident that they spent less in this years pack. we used to get key rings, scarfs, air fresheners etc. red/black members used to get added extras that rbb and white memberships didn’t get.

Yes I’m having a whinge because like you said half the fun was seeing what’s in there and it was met with massive disappointment.

but anyways it’s game day.

6 hours ago, xposedPatricK said:

Membership prices haven’t gone down and it’s evident that they spent less in this years pack. we used to get key rings, scarfs, air fresheners etc. red/black members used to get added extras that rbb and white memberships didn’t get.

Yes I’m having a whinge because like you said half the fun was seeing what’s in there and it was met with massive disappointment.

I think the issue with the packs has more to do with the fact that we don't have a major sponsor. The insurance company that used to have its logo all over the stuff in the pack and their gonski, I the packs were very likely subsidized.

11 hours ago, xposedPatricK said:

Air freshener??? When??

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 9:41 PM, btron3000 said:

It wasn’t really air freshener. It was a little piece of **** you were supposed to hang from your review mirror or something. Probably the most worthless thing ever included in the packs. At least the lanyards work!

They look good...but as mentioned previously - they will drive you crazy - or maybe amuse you...depending on your irritability levels with their squeakiness.

PS Maybe they don't squeak with only the membership cards attached?? I attach keys - which are heavier.

I'm used to jingling keys - but not the squeaking.  :angry:

On 19/09/2018 at 2:10 PM, Paul01 said:

I think the issue with the packs has more to do with the fact that we don't have a major sponsor. The insurance company that used to have its logo all over the stuff in the pack and their gonski, I the packs were very likely subsidized.

That could be a reason as the hats etc are basically advertising for sponsors and the club.

It also could be that as things get more expensive they are keeping the cost of the memberships low but reducing the stuff that comes with it.  If the club came out and asked us "do you want costs low or most stuff?" I reckon most people would say keep costs low. Actually, maybe in all those surveys we answer one of the questions did say that?

Anyway, if they clearly said "we are going to keep the costs low even when we get back to the new stadium, but that will mean less extras" I'd be happy. It's all about the communication.

4 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

There were a lot getting a good workout at the season launch today being autographed 

Yep good for autographs my little one had a great time doing that.

otherwise the white cap makes me look like I should be parked in a WRX at Stanmore Maccas

Edited by StringerBellend
On 15/09/2018 at 4:43 PM, wendybr said:

Agreed - they keep the water away from your feet.

A bucket hat doesn't keep the Sun off your face - and looks.....daggy! :P

Fred Daggy! :lol:

On 15/09/2018 at 4:59 PM, Edinburgh said:

A bucket hat keeps the sun off my face, ears and neck better than any baseball cap ever will. And in my eyes looks better than said cap.

On 15/09/2018 at 5:18 PM, marron said:

My bucket hat gets worn all the time.

My caps i gave away except the first one with my number on it. I would have kept the black one if it didn't have "DICK" (or whatever it was) in big letters on it. 

I also would vote for the key ring except I think mine broke.

On 15/09/2018 at 5:30 PM, sonar said:

I love my bucket hat....better than the cap.....great for keeping the sun out when mowing.....lol.....I would rather have the option to chose what type of cap/hat.  I have given away EVERY baseball cap I have been given. 

On 15/09/2018 at 6:03 PM, wendybr said:

:D LOL- Each to his own!

You know I'm only stirring! :lol: :lol:

Even tho bucket hats are daggy!

On 15/09/2018 at 6:08 PM, ptwsw said:

I WANT A BUCKET HAT EVERY YEAR!!!!

WSW love is wearing a bucket hat to an away game.  Love the looks that people give me, jealous bastards!

The winner of the best dressed at the season launch was a woman and the only one wearing a bucket hat!

40 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

That could be a reason as the hats etc are basically advertising for sponsors and the club.

It also could be that as things get more expensive they are keeping the cost of the memberships low but reducing the stuff that comes with it.  If the club came out and asked us "do you want costs low or most stuff?" I reckon most people would say keep costs low. Actually, maybe in all those surveys we answer one of the questions did say that?

Anyway, if they clearly said "we are going to keep the costs low even when we get back to the new stadium, but that will mean less extras" I'd be happy. It's all about the communication.

Went to the relatives today.

Found out that the marketing manager we had last year has left the club. His partner was also working in sports admin in another code. She took a job with AwFuL in qld so he went with her. 

He is now working at Brisbane Roar.

• mack unpinned this topic