Macarthur FC

mack

56 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Everyone is predicting them for a top 3 finish. After seeing highlights of their performance against the Olyroos the other day, I'm starting to think that might not happen. 

Yeah wouldn't say everyone but I know a lot who are predicting that.

Could be wrong but based off what i've seen so far, they could turn out very similar to us last season under Babbel.

On paper, we looked like a really strong team last year but couldn't play well in Babbel's system of football. I don't rate Milicic at all.

3 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Top 3 is very optimistic for Macarthur based on the squad they have I think 5th or 6th is more realistic.

Reported they have got a couple of Spaniards who look (on paper) pretty good.  Just wondering how they are able to afford all these players and remain within some semblance of the salary cap.  Milligan and 2 Spaniards would be 'marquee' but that is 3 players.  SOme of their others wouldn't come too cheaply - especially given $2.1Million cap???

14 minutes ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

Reported they have got a couple of Spaniards who look (on paper) pretty good.  Just wondering how they are able to afford all these players and remain within some semblance of the salary cap.  Milligan and 2 Spaniards would be 'marquee' but that is 3 players.  SOme of their others wouldn't come too cheaply - especially given $2.1Million cap???

The Salary Cap is for losers.

I think they also get to spend a bit more than the salary cap. The foreigners look good on paper  but its summer 40 degree heat when the season starts they are gonna spend some time adjusting. In terms of domestic players you got:

• Federici boss keeper,
  • Milligan where its arguable the guy is getting on in age,
  • Franjic  decent RB 
  • Denis Genreau who is a more attacking version of Baccus
  • And Tommy Oar who has been beyond disappointing since he came back from overseas (seriously this guy should of gone and done better things with his career and its like he peaked in his early 20's and been in downward spiral)

Along with the foreigners you have almost starting 11. They look one injury away from finishing 5th > 8th. With Milicic as coach to me it looks like our team will be in direct competition with these guys on field for those finals places. 

Two points on this squad:

1) The Spaniards should do OK in the heat, they'd be relatively used to playing in warm conditions (wonder how our Scotsman will go?).

2) Early pre season games are not really very indicative considering how long a brand new team has been together and are working on combinations/positioning etc.

I think they'll do fine. Should comfortably be top 6, maybe higher providing injuries don't hamper them.

Macarthur have signed the following players:

- 20 year old defender Yianni Nicolaou. It looks like he was at Salford City in the under 23's squad.
- 22 year old Liverpool local Charles M'Mombwa. The attacking midfielder was signed at Central Coast Mariners.
- 21 year old Bowral local Walter Scott, he has been on trial with the club and was previously at Wellington Phoenix.

Brand new club, and their first game is ‘away’ in a derby that, in any other season at least, would attract many fans from the home team. What the hell is wrong with this league? Why not give the south west bogans a round 1 home game against a decent interstate team that will draw in a crowd but not be overloaded with opposition fans?

1 hour ago, Generator said:

Brand new club, and their first game is ‘away’ in a derby that, in any other season at least, would attract many fans from the home team. What the hell is wrong with this league? Why not give the south west bogans a round 1 home game against a decent interstate team that will draw in a crowd but not be overloaded with opposition fans?

Crowd of 4-5k wouldn't look that crash hot for a season opener.

They have a trial match tomorrow against Newcastle.

I'm tempted to see if they'll use the Spaniards in this trial match and how they perform as I think this result will give us a rough estimate on how they'll perform in the league.

Edited by MathyouWSW
15 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Crowd of 4-5k wouldn't look that crash hot for a season opener.

See extract below from ABC news....gonna be an awesome atmosphere at Bankwest  for the Bulls first A league game and first Derby  if the  3k crowd limit for outdoor ticketed events applies ??.  

NSW Government to ease a raft of coronavirus restrictions in time for Christmas and New Year

Up to 3,000 people can now gather for outdoor ticketed events

Also poses the question of how will the club decide who gets a seat ?? 

49 minutes ago, jockman said:

See extract below from ABC news....gonna be an awesome atmosphere at Bankwest  for the Bulls first A league game and first Derby  if the  3k crowd limit for outdoor ticketed events applies ??.  

NSW Government to ease a raft of coronavirus restrictions in time for Christmas and New Year

Up to 3,000 people can now gather for outdoor ticketed events

Also poses the question of how will the club decide who gets a seat ?? 

So how did the A league G/f, NRL g/f and State of origin 2 get many more than that?

Congratuations to Antony Golec for signing to his 7th A-League club as he has joined Macarthur FC. He is now tied with Liam Reddy with the player that has played for the most A-League clubs. 

Also signed to Macarthur FC is Lachlan Rose who was originally from Blacktown Spartans.

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

Played a friendly against the Jets and drew 3-3.

Newcastle almost won it at the 88th minute but it was called offside. It could of been 4-3.

Macarthur FC's line up:
Federici, Susnjar, Jovanovic, Golec, Franjic, Milligan, Puyo, Genreau, Hollman, Derbyshire, Lachlan Rose

Bench: Suman, Ruhs, Najjar, Nicolaou
(there was probably more but these where the ones used, whoever runs their twitter handle really needs a kick in the ass and start announcing the bench FFS).

28 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Newcastle almost won it at the 88th minute but it was called offside. It could of been 4-3.

Macarthur FC's line up:
Federici, Susnjar, Jovanovic, Golec, Franjic, Milligan, Puyo, Genreau, Hollman, Derbyshire, Lachlan Rose

Bench: Suman, Ruhs, Najjar, Nicolaou
(there was probably more but these where the ones used, whoever runs their twitter handle really needs a kick in the ass and start announcing the bench FFS).

Scorers Derbyshire 2, Najjar 1

On 25/11/2020 at 3:50 PM, MartinTyler said:

So how did the A league G/f, NRL g/f and State of origin 2 get many more than that?

And they were supposed to be sold out,why for football not the same rules apply now.

Edited by mintoff
wrong word.

Saw a post on reddit about their memberships. Apparently their active memberships are over $400 and they consulted the fans beforehand and agreed that the active area will be behind the goal.

Now they’ve notified the active fans that they’ve moved them off to one of the side stands and they’re pissed.

15 minutes ago, Davo said:

Saw a post on reddit about their memberships. Apparently their active memberships are over $400 and they consulted the fans beforehand and agreed that the active area will be behind the goal.

Now they’ve notified the active fans that they’ve moved them off to one of the side stands and they’re pissed.

What a shame that their 10 active fans will have to get moved to a side stand

1 minute ago, Ossified said:

Yes they are called the Cowbells......you think i'm joking. Every time they score their active group ring cowbells.

You're kidding !!......I thought the Cowbells stuff was a more 'corporate' thing....be interesting to see how many of their songs incorporate 'Cowbells' !!

2 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

You're kidding !!......I thought the Cowbells stuff was a more 'corporate' thing....be interesting to see how many of their songs incorporate 'Cowbells' !!

As far as I know this (Cowbells) is their active weapon....I read that in their recent trial games Cowbells are rung by supporters when they score.

I have not spoken to any of their fans just read as mentioned above. Maybe someone knows more.