Carl Robinson Discussion

26 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

He better not have said philosophy 

Maybe he's just a realist...rather than someone who thinks we are entitled to be top of the crop because "we are Western Sydney, and not the Central Coast". ;)

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Maybe he's just a realist...rather than someone who thinks we are entitled to be top of the crop because "we are Western Sydney, and not the Central Coast". ;)

it’s football who wants to be a realist, I get enough realism in real life, Football is escapism it’s not a Mike Leigh film 

28 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

it’s football who wants to be a realist, I get enough realism in real life, Football is escapism it’s not a Mike Leigh film 

You must spend a lot of your life disappointed, Stringer.:vava:

:D:D

13 minutes ago, Ossified said:

I think you need to read between the lines, it's an uphill battle, he'll be safe rather than sorry if he plays his cards right. You can't judge a book by its cover, I wonder what he'll bring to the table?

Will wait for the 'it's a game of two halves' after the season starts then..along with..

We are taking it one game at a time

2-0 is always a dangerous lead

What the game needs is a goal..

Edited by Smoggy

It is understandable that posters are cynical given the false hope we've been sucked into feeling at the beginning of each season. I am optimistic about this appointment though. Last season our squad was good enough to be top 4 in my opinion, but the team lacked cohesion with players continually getting in each other's way and not getting into good positions to receive the ball. We have lacked a coach that is player focussed to this degree since popa left. I am expecting to see the assuredness on the field again that we last saw under popa. Robbo  actually pushed aside Garb's question about philosophy in the interview. His passion for creating pathways for youth was also expressed in an interview 3 months ago with Adam Peacock prior to the midseason hub, so I think he is genuine with it rather than it being imposed by the decrease in salary cap. If I was to be cynical about anything it would be the reason for him giving so many press conferences and interviews. It kinda looks like Lederer has freaked about the drop in memberships and has pushed Robbo out there to explain how he is going to fix things.

popa = popovic . Dumb spellchecker. Won't let me enter double p

Edited by JustWandering
Fix Popa due to spellcheck
2 hours ago, Ossified said:

I think you need to read between the lines, it's an uphill battle, he'll be safe rather than sorry if he plays his cards right. You can't judge a book by its cover, I wonder what he'll bring to the table?

Have to remember it’s a game of two halves 

damn just seen @Smoggy beat me to it 

has anyone done form goes out of the window in a derby? 

Edited by StringerBellend
  • mack changed the title to Carl Robinson Discussion
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic