Squad Development 2021/22

33 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

I know it won't happen...but if Robinson wanted someone cheap and could probably hit them in the back of the net, this guy would be a good option: https://www.transfermarkt.com/christian-santos/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/50487

Looks good to be honest, somewhat realistic and affordable.

He is a striker as well unlike Sims who is a winger.

I would be pretty happy with this, although as you say, its not gonna happen.

27 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Looks good to be honest, somewhat realistic and affordable.

He is a striker as well unlike Sims who is a winger.

I would be pretty happy with this, although as you say, its not gonna happen.

I'm not so convinced although I do like the Tevez suggestion. He'd still be alright for one good season

Is tonight the night for a new announcement if so what time do ya reckon and who ? 

cant be Mitch Austin he has signed with Victory after getting motivated by Brendan Hamills statement that he is gone to Victory to help them win Trophies 🙄

35 minutes ago, Frankos187 said:

Victor Sanchez departed WU due to COVID restrictions and all that. I wonder, with the lockdown we are in, if this is turning foreign players away from playing here? 

Probably this.

But, if some are willing to actually play football, they would be willing to be signed to be signed to any A-League club.

On 07/09/2021 at 2:19 PM, Frankos187 said:

Victor Sanchez departed WU due to COVID restrictions and all that. I wonder, with the lockdown we are in, if this is turning foreign players away from playing here? 

Definitely. With the way some of the state premiers are about borders, it’s inevitable there is going to be some form of hub/extended time on the road for certain teams even if the season starts when scheduled to. I doubt they are going to afford/get permission to bring families along. 

Considering what Dorrans said a few weeks ago about struggling to settle his family, it makes it even harder if the player then has to leave them on their own for an indefinite period.

Carl Robinson speaking on the ESPN Beyond The Lead Podcast: "We will bring, ideally, 1 or 2 attacking players still in that front area of the pitch. We've got to see how something else plays out. We're dealing with one scenario at the moment in the team, which is a positive one. We'll see how that one plays out."

Doesn't want to rush to complete the squad now due to uncertainty of when the season will start. 

3 hours ago, GE942150 said:

Carl Robinson speaking on the ESPN Beyond The Lead Podcast: "We will bring, ideally, 1 or 2 attacking players still in that front area of the pitch. We've got to see how something else plays out. We're dealing with one scenario at the moment in the team, which is a positive one. We'll see how that one plays out."

Doesn't want to rush to complete the squad now due to uncertainty of when the season will start. 

I'd like to see where these attacking players will come from

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic