Yengi Lights Up Derby With Late Winner

35 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

That's a beautiful video - best sport in the world!!

Anyway, here is the - as promised - review of my experience in Bay 439 or whatever it was.

I like the concourse on Level 4 now because you can see more into the stadium, unlike before it was very closed off and concreted. It's a bit more airy. It's nice, but a good use of taxpayers' money? Definitely not.

There were a few ESFC fans up in the nosebleeds section, I think one got kicked out for some reason. The view is definitely not 'Premium'. The gradient is good but it's a bit far from the action, almost as bad as Level 6 at ANZ Stadium. It's not like Suncorp where even on the top level you still feel sort of near the action.

The atmosphere was fantastic, wish I was a bit closer to the action but that's on me for buying my ticket so late.

Walk back to Central was semi-eventful. Some ESFC fans were making fun of the WSW supporters for taking the train home, I heard, "Sorry your family is poor".

Classy.

Speaking of the train home, lots of attractive women on the train for some reason. Some sort of festival? Unfortunately with their boyfriends.

Good night out.

Let's do it again soon.

How'd the nosebleed compare to Parra? I think Parra is pretty bloody good but maybe you don't? Jist trying to get a comparison.

One thing worthy of noting would be one of the reasons for the knockdown  was because it was apparently hard to manage big crowds. But they ****ed that up yesterday anyway.

14 minutes ago, marron said:

How'd the nosebleed compare to Parra? I think Parra is pretty bloody good but maybe you don't? Jist trying to get a comparison.

One thing worthy of noting would be one of the reasons for the knockdown  was because it was apparently hard to manage big crowds. But they ****ed that up yesterday anyway.

I’ll stick my neck out here and suggest that anyone who thinks there are bad seats in Parramatta must be new to Australian stadiums, and never experienced Soulless or ANZ stadiums at Homebush 

6 minutes ago, braad said:

I’ll stick my neck out here and suggest that anyone who thinks there are bad seats in Parramatta must be new to Australian stadiums, and never experienced Soulless or ANZ stadiums at Homebush 

That's my opinion also but you know people have different standards.

57 minutes ago, GE942150 said:

Fisher at the Domain and RnB Fridays at Olympic Park Showground. The trains were absolutely packed because of that and Union strikes. 

RnB Friday on a Saturday? Ridiculous 

32 minutes ago, marron said:

Parramatta is great, you feel close to the action

But yeah the crowd management yesterday was laughable 

48 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

RnB Friday on a Saturday? Ridiculous 

Parramatta is great, you feel close to the action

But yeah the crowd management yesterday was laughable 

Yeah, but they are performing in multiple cities, so can't do them all on a Friday. Unfortunately, Sydney had to get the Saturday one. 

Wow rudan doesn't hold back in th press conference, he might as well said corica is a dickhead 

If Corica or anyone at Sydney think that Lolley is in the same class as Ninkovic they want their head examined 

Ninko was class

4 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Wow rudan doesn't hold back in th press conference, he might as well said corica is a dickhead 

If Corica or anyone at Sydney think that Lolley is in the same class as Ninkovic they want their head examined 

Ninko was class

Our team overall was better than ESFC, but if they still had Ninkovic playing as 10, they probably would’ve beaten us still.

Despite what Corica thinks, their AM’s aren’t great. They treated one of the best players the A-League has seen quite poorly.

this thought amuses me greatly :xnod:

6 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Ninko was class

The experience Ninko brings is invaluable, it is what he does off the ball that matters also, he presence alone is a positive influence. Different kind of midfield player to Ono, but similar kind of attitude and team influence with what he brings you could say. Not the player he was a few years back but still so much to offer. Criminal ESFC couldn’t see that, but their loss very much our gain eh.

lol at the Judas shite when they treated him like shite.

5 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

lol at the Judas shite when they treated him like shite.

Ninko's body language after game showed he really did not want to leave Sydney FC

Had the WSW staffer not carried him on his shoulders I think he would have clapped Sydney fans (fair enough considering he had won GFs with them)

But he's stayed calm and keeps up a good work ethic

Celebrated the win with the team but didn't swear

5 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

Ninko's body language after game showed he really did not want to leave Sydney FC

Had the WSW staffer not carried him on his shoulders I think he would have clapped Sydney fans (fair enough considering he had won GFs with them)

But he's stayed calm and keeps up a good work ethic

Celebrated the win with the team but didn't swear

Noticed that too. And he has made it clear it’s all on Corica. What a mug.

25 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Ninko was class

Should of heard Corica's presser, it was hilarious, he's lost the plot. Said he was happy with the way his side played and constantly referred to Yengi's goal as "they're only chance". If we could finish, we would've won 3-0. He was so salty it just made my day

7 minutes ago, GE942150 said:

I'm looking forward to the next battle when, if at full strength, they have le fondre, rodwell and wilkinson, and we have Bozanic, Beadling, and much more minutes from Ngbakoto. See how much of a difference these players make.  

Yes,I can’t wait to see Barrow’s finest on the A League stage. Waiting for Barrow to have a presence in our comp has taken a long time, but will be finally worth the wait I am sure.

8 minutes ago, GE942150 said:

I'm looking forward to the next battle when, if at full strength, they have le fondre, rodwell and wilkinson, and we have Bozanic, Beadling, and much more minutes from Ngbakoto. See how much of a difference these players make.  

Beadling? will be no where near a full strength team 

4 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Walk back to Central was semi-eventful. Some ESFC fans were making fun of the WSW supporters for taking the train home, I heard, "Sorry your family is poor".

Classy.

our Black n Red family is rich with love, understanding,& passion, something they fail to comprehend.

Just look at their top honcho and mouthpiece Corica, but hey ho, as Ron Burgundy would say "you stay classy Sydney FC" 

3 hours ago, marron said:

We were in Bay 437, so up on the 4th level. The seats were fine. Just. Fine. I felt I needed to keep moving to see the action and it’s so far away compared to Parra because it’s just not as steep.

There isn’t a bad seat in the house at Parra, I wouldn’t say that of this stadium. 

Did anyone see much of the scuffles between the opposing fans at the Driver Avenue exit after the game?

It happened behind me as I was walking away from the stadium.  The bit I saw was that a bunch of Cove boys were hanging around near the top of the stairs where the WSW fans from the active bays were exiting, so there was the inevitable verbal exchange and baiting of each other by the two sets of fans, then there was a bit of pushing and shoving as people walked down the stairs and a couple of punches being thrown as well.

By the time this rumbling group got to the bottom of the stairs, things properly kicked off, but then maybe a dozen or so police came down the stairs and tried to separate them.  I kept walking, so don't know what happened afterwards.

BTW, surprise, surprise! - Channel 9 has just shown a bit of footage of the scuffles in their news alert for the 6pm news.  Of course their news is not about what a great spectacle this derby game was.  Grrrrr!

I hope that the A-Leagues are seeing the positives of a big crowd and just shrugging their shoulders tbh. We've seen what happens with the hard line and cosying up to Channel 7/9. Fans get the hump and stay away. Nobody who's going to be a potential longterm fan of the a-leagues are watching Channel 9 news. Who cares. Main thing is to roll on just like the AFL and RL do when they are in season with the weekly trouble - sweep it under the rug, if necessary make a statement, keep the dialogue open with fan groups, work with cops. Just don't be reactive. And if things really blow up, revel in the free publicty, that's what the other codes do. Everyone claiming to be disgusted by whatever happens was never coming anyway, the vast majority of people never experience or witness even the handbags. If all that happened was a few dickheads in a scuffle it's no different to any other large gathering ever, and most people know and understand this.

15 minutes ago, bombagol said:

Did anyone see much of the scuffles between the opposing fans at the Driver Avenue exit after the game?

It happened behind me as I was walking away from the stadium.  The bit I saw was that a bunch of Cove boys were hanging around near the top of the stairs where the WSW fans from the active bays were exiting, so there was the inevitable verbal exchange and baiting of each other by the two sets of fans, then there was a bit of pushing and shoving as people walked down the stairs and a couple of punches being thrown as well.

By the time this rumbling group got to the bottom of the stairs, things properly kicked off, but then maybe a dozen or so police came down the stairs and tried to separate them.  I kept walking, so don't know what happened afterwards.

BTW, surprise, surprise! - Channel 9 has just shown a bit of footage of the scuffles in their news alert for the 6pm news.  Of course their news is not about what a great spectacle this derby game was.  Grrrrr!

Channel 9 also showed the bridge in Moore Park that was shaking with the cove jumping on it. Shame it didn't break....

37 minutes ago, bombagol said:

Yeah, some undesirables hanging about a bit after the game, a few looking for trouble as mentioned with the can and my son earlier. That was close to the stairs so same area. 

36 minutes ago, bombagol said:

The Australian media love to show how "soft" football is with people diving, etc.  So I don't mind seeing a bit of biff.  I was watching Ch 7 earlier this morning waiting to see either the Matildas or WSW but no, more important to show the AFLW mud wrestling.  It's all about the money and nothing will change until a major channel invests the big bucks.  And another reason why we will play in summer as we can't currently compete against the NRL and AFL.