7 minutes ago, marron said:

Does it come in a green cardboard cylinder though?

Maybe in Blackheath it does..i got some today as a block of cheese and grated a shyte load on. You can get Pecorino with peppercorns in also, which i love melted on toast.

I never experienced proper food until i left Middlesbrough.

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Recommend a quick weekday pasta dish anyone..even vegie one would do. And not including mince meat.....? Link or your recipe?

Sick of the go to usual things we make.

Go basic mate.

Boil Spaghetti, and in a fry pan, diced mushrooms, onion, garlic, diced cherry tomatoes and chopped basil. Add some passata as well.  Stir the cooked mix through the spaghetti.  Drizzle over some olive oil, and top with cracked pepper and some more fresh diced basil.

Simple, tasty and all cooked in 20 minutes.

On 18 May 2019 at 6:38 PM, marron said:

Does it come in a green cardboard cylinder though?

Oh wow, that vile disgusting revolting awful horrible ****.

I used to hide those containers on my last submarine, people would shovel it onto their pasta without realising it smells like vomit, exactly like vomit.

Found 7 containers on my last day, sucked in vomit lovers.

54 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Go basic mate.

Boil Spaghetti, and in a fry pan, diced mushrooms, onion, garlic, diced cherry tomatoes and chopped basil. Add some passata as well.  Stir the cooked mix through the spaghetti.  Drizzle over some olive oil, and top with cracked pepper and some more fresh diced basil.

Sounds good...if i chop up some left over sprouts ...may work...

1 hour ago, sonar said:

KeDHjQ8.jpg

As a kid in the 80's a few tins of this spag was my parents idea of Italian night :D, followed by this for afters, which should be in the nostalgia thread really.. downed in 2 seconds then run out the door to jump on the BMX or play football....

See the source image

Edited by Erimus
50 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Sounds good...if i chop up some left over sprouts ...may work...

No chance.

Those vile little green balls are the resentment of my childhood. I was never allowed to leave the table till I'd eaten those fart tasting cabbages.

I used to shove them into my pocket when mum and dad weren't looking, and then throw the remains over the neighbor's fence the following day.

I don't care how they can be cooked and how much Worcester sauce was splashed over the little ****ers, they were always dog poo in my mouth.

Nothing has changed because I won't go within a freaking mile of the ****ers. Add 'em to your pasta mate if it floats your boat! :)

19 minutes ago, Erimus said:

As a kid in the 80's a few tins of this spag was my parents idea of Italian night :D, followed by this for afters, which should be in the nostalgia thread really.. downed in 2 seconds then run out the door to jump on the BMX or play football....

See the source image

We had something similar....no artificial flavours, no artificial colouring, no strawberies......lol

3 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Go basic mate.

I did this exact same thing tonight.

I usually add some grated carrot which takes the sour edge off the passata and tomatoes and (no joke) a little bit of cocoa to do the same. 

Another good one is olive oil, brocolli, mushroom, pinenuts (bit of cheese over the top, whatever you like).

27 minutes ago, marron said:

I did this exact same thing tonight.

I usually add some grated carrot which takes the sour edge off the passata and tomatoes and (no joke) a little bit of cocoa to do the same. 

Another good one is olive oil, brocolli, mushroom, pinenuts (bit of cheese over the top, whatever you like).

Pinenuts are good...but expensive.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Erimus said:

Went in to a middle eastern type grocers to find some harrisa paste for a recipe and they  no idea what it is :unknw:

Run by someone from SE Asia is i think why...but still....

Tried to fob me off with a bottle of chilli sauce..not good enough...

Code for BBQ sauce?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Whats with the cherries this year. Usually big boxes full that you can bag yourself, quite expensive still but not like this year.

All we have are little plastic punnets with say 15 - 20 cherries for like $7 or $8 a pop.

Perhaps drought hitting the supply hard this year?

Or perhaps all going somewhere else?

Edited by Smoggy

I am off work until the new year now and will be doing the Dan Murphy run before end of the week.

I usually pick the bottle of wine on offer for like $8 - $12, but as it is Christmas I spend a bit more. Anyone recommend a good white wine for between say $15 - $20 a pop? 

The wife is in to this prosecco fizzy Italian shyte and have been told to pick up a few bottles of that, no other instructions on that and I know nothing about it. I will just pick the cheapest on this as I won't be drinking it so don't care, unless any experts here can recommend. 

Beer I will just get same as always and so ok there.

8 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I am off work until the new year now and will be doing the Dan Murphy run before end of the week.

I usually pick the bottle of wine on offer for like $8 - $12, but as it is Christmas I spend a bit more. Anyone recommend a good white wine for between say $15 - $20 a pop?

What sort of white do you prefer?

Chardonnay something from the Adelaide Hills, Margaret River or Tassie will be good.

Sauv blanc you can't really go wrong with something from Marlborough in NZ.

1 hour ago, Carns said:

What sort of white do you prefer?

Chardonnay something from the Adelaide Hills, Margaret River or Tassie will be good.

Sauv blanc you can't really go wrong with something from Marlborough in NZ.

Yeah, chardonnay or Sauv blanc, dry whites as dont like sweet wine.

Had Marlborough before and that is a good drop.

The wife said just pick up a few Koonunga Hill Penfolds as per usual...but looking for something a bit different.

Will have to browse the offers when there.

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Yeah, chardonnay or Sauv blanc, dry whites as dont like sweet wine.

Had Marlborough before and that is a good drop.

The wife said just pick up a few Koonunga Hill Penfolds as per usual...but looking for something a bit different.

Will have to browse the offers when there.

Have a look at their website first for descriptions of the wines as well as prices and specials. You can do searches just for chardonnay and sauv blanc.

But you should know this already?

1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

Have a look at their website first for descriptions of the wines as well as prices and specials. You can do searches just for chardonnay and sauv blanc.

But you should know this already?

Thanks Ed, can always rely on you and your blunt Scot ways :rolleyes::D

Wine reviews are full of bullshyte written by idiots. But yes price specials are on the web.