Nostalgia Thread

If talking about fave pair prob the ones that i went around Europe in my late teens. Massive rip in one knee and frayed bottoms with random burn marks. They went with the skint art school drop out look that drove my old man mad. 'Throw those bloody trousers in the bin and get a ******* hair cut' :D

I have seen deliberately weathered jeans like this that people buy as new :D

Blue jeans will have their come back. You just dont see people in them like you used to.

Edited by Smoggy
1 minute ago, Smoggy said:

If talking about fave pair prob the ones that i went around Europe in my late teens. Massive rip in one knee and frayed bottoms with random burn marks. They went with the skint art school drop out look though that drove my old man mad. 'Thow those bloody trousers in the bin and get a ******* hair cut' :D

I have seen deliberately weathered jeans like this that people buy as new :D

Blue jeans will have their come back. You just dont see people in them like you used to.

What the ****?

I didn't know they were out and wear them every weekend to the Towers. 

You're saying people are laughing at me? Well, **** me. That's cruel. Why didn't you warn me earlier?

On 15/04/2020 at 10:37 AM, Smoggy said:

Jeans are nostalgia. Not worn jeans for a few years.

The double denim look was vastly underrated i find....a nice blue denim jacket with blue denim jeans :D Never out of fashion in the upper mountains probably..the fashion a serial killer goes to work in....

Isn't double denim called a Canuck tuxedo? 

On 24/04/2020 at 6:36 PM, Kitto said:

Gosh, this brings me back memories. I was about 7-8 years old when this used to be on. 

I always thought this was Shaun Micallef's best performance of Milo Kerrigan, you have to give it to Kitty Flanaghan for trying her best to not laughing during that performance as well:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nostalgia eh....

As a kid in the 80's every mate on the 'estate' had a zx spectrum it seemed, I dropped hints for at least 6 months  that I wanted a zx spectrum, like 'Dad I want a zx spectrum for my birthday' 

See the source imageSo imagine my feeling when I get my present on my birthday and get this ....

See the source image

In case you are wondering this beige beauty is an 'Acorn Electron'! The main thing I can remember is my two older sister sniggering in the background and my old man calling me an 'ungrateful sod',,,,,,,

The reason I am posting this as during the last communication they said they have had a clear out and asked me if I wanted to keep it, daft ****ers :D They could stick it up their arse sideways back then and can now.

6 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Nostalgia eh....

As a kid in the 80's every mate on the 'estate' had a zx spectrum it seemed, I dropped hints for at least 6 months  that I wanted a zx spectrum, like 'Dad I want a zx spectrum for my birthday' 

See the source imageSo imagine my feeling when I get my present on my birthday and get this ....

See the source image

In case you are wondering this beige beauty is an 'Acorn Electron'! The main thing I can remember is my two older sister sniggering in the background and my old man calling me an 'ungrateful sod',,,,,,,

The reason I am posting this as during the last communication they said they have had a clear out and asked me if I wanted to keep it, daft ****ers :D They could stick it up their arse sideways back then and can now.

I had an Electron too it had some ace games 

- Elite

- Repton 

- Eddie Kidd’s Jump Challenge

it was the cut down cheaper version of the BBC Model B which only the crazy well off families could afford 

All my mates had spectrums So played plenty of 

Manic Miner

Jet Set Willy

Day Thompson’s Decathalon

This BBC telemovie is worth a watch for pure British 80s geek value 

Shows the rise and fall of both Acorn and Sinclair

The middle class family and schools computer the BBC v Working Class Kids ZX Spectrum 

We emigrated to Australia and I brought my Electron over, of course no one had ever seen one here, so had to get games sent from UK.  Everyone here had commodore 64s

I won many an ashes series against my mates playing as England in Arnie Armchairs  Cricket 

the magnificent sound of the theme tune when you won, could be so cruel and mocking when you lost 

8 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I had an Electron too it had some ace games 

- Elite

- Repton 

- Eddie Kidd’s Jump Challenge

it was the cut down cheaper version of the BBC Model B which only the crazy well off families could afford 

All my mates had spectrums So played plenty of 

Manic Miner

Jet Set Willy

Day Thompson’s Decathalon

This BBC telemovie is worth a watch for pure British 80s geek value 

Shows the rise and fall of both Acorn and Sinclair

The middle class family and schools computer the BBC v Working Class Kids ZX Spectrum 

We emigrated to Australia and I brought my Electron over, of course no one had ever seen one here, so had to get games sent from UK.  Everyone here had commodore 64s

I won many an ashes series against my mates playing as England in Arnie Armchairs  Cricket 

the magnificent sound of the theme tune when you won, could be so cruel and mocking when you lost 

Soooo... you want to buy an Electron back for nostalgia value lol Must be some geek somewhere would pay $ and shipping for it :D

Holy crap mate at least yours called.

My dad chucked out the Commodore 64 in a council collection without asking!

Your story reminds me though of when I asked for a cricket bat for christmas. Under the tree, there it was, rip off the wrapping... .what the **** is this ****? A SHANE WARNE bat???????? How can I possibly be taken seriously with this?????? Haha.

No joke I can still remember Dad justifying it ("he sometimes has a good knock on the right day"), like he hadn't got it because it was dirt cheap.

Edited by marron
21 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Soooo... you want to buy an Electron back for nostalgia value lol Must be some geek somewhere would pay $ and shipping for it :D

I’m actually tempted, I can show my boy the joys of BBC Basic 

10 PRINT “Mark Rudan is a wanker”

20 GOTO 10

44 minutes ago, marron said:

Holy crap mate at least yours called.

My dad chucked out the Commodore 64 in a council collection without asking!

Your story reminds me though of when I asked for a cricket bat for christmas. Under the tree, there it was, rip off the wrapping... .what the **** is this ****? A SHANE WARNE bat???????? How can I possibly be taken seriously with this?????? Haha.

No joke I can still remember Dad justifying it ("he sometimes has a good knock on the right day"), like he hadn't got it because it was dirt cheap.

Yeah...my old man bought me Paul Gascoigne football boots for school..had his ******* signature on the side.

They didn't make me play like Gazza and I got ******* ripped apart...ahahahaha...hes got ******* Gazza boots...come on Gazza show us what you got hahaha'..

Team pick....."I pick Gazza" (lots of laughs...even the PE teacher)...

Sooooo one day i threw them over a hedge and told my parents they had been knicked....

Edited by Smoggy