Andreu Guerao

mack

I think his problem was he was a bit lightweight and by the end of the season teams found it easy to overpower him. In the first half of the season he was probably the best player I've ever seen here, but I can understand why the club decided not to take a punt on another season.

Do we know club decided not to renew? I got the impression he hasn't been wanting to renew and wants to go back to Europe with family.

I think his problem was he was a bit lightweight and by the end of the season teams found it easy to overpower him. In the first half of the season he was probably the best player I've ever seen here, but I can understand why the club decided not to take a punt on another season.

Do we know club decided not to renew? I got the impression he hasn't been wanting to renew and wants to go back to Europe with family.

Rumor is that he rejected the first offer, and the club decided not to revise the offer. Popa doesn't appear to be big on extended back-and-forth negotiations and is more a take it or leave it kind of guy. Just ask Mooy, Polenz, Hersi, or Bulut.

My info is along those lines too....he wanted to go home but an increased offer might have just made him change his mind. From a salary cap point of view offering more to Andreu would mean less for someone else. It's a tough gig working within the salary cap particularly after a good season where players (or their agents) would claim that they are worth much more for their next contract.

My info is along those lines too....he wanted to go home but an increased offer might have just made him change his mind. From a salary cap point of view offering more to Andreu would mean less for someone else. It's a tough gig working within the salary cap particularly after a good season where players (or their agents) would claim that they are worth much more for their next contract.

That's why contracts should be 1 yr plus 1 year extension if certain criteria is met especially for visa players.

Having one year contracts is going to keep causing this problem.

Edited by tardotz

I hope he does go home. It'll be a lot more difficult to continue wearing my Andreu jersey at games if he signs for another A-League club.

He said himself in an interview (SST I think) that he rejected the first offer.

As said, it's a tough gig being a HAL manager. Had it not been for the tight salary cap restraints, I'm sure a contract would have been agreed on - within reason of course

• 2 months later...

He was class be interesting to see if we have traded up or down with Bruno

From what I've heard: up. There will be muscle and spite in front of our defence next season.

Hopefully we can defend a corner this season, Bruno looks pretty solid

And give away a handball in the penalty box

He was class be interesting to see if we have traded up or down with Bruno

From what I've heard: up. There will be muscle and spite in front of our defence next season.

Hopefully we can defend a corner this season, Bruno looks pretty solid

And not give away a handball in the penalty box

Signed with Aris Thessaloniki in the Greek 2nd Division on a 2 year deal

Greek second division? Doesn't make sense to me?
The only plausible explanation would be he wants to be closer to Spain.

Aris are a decent size club in fairness, they played in the Europa League only 4-5 years ago. Something must have happened to them though financially, because they only just got promoted back in to the 2nd division this season

Edited by Alexander