Squad Development 2015/16 Part 2

New thread huh?

Special Player Limitations (As part of overall squad cap)

2 of 5 Foreign Players

0 of 1 Marquee Position (Wage not included in Salary Cap)

? of 1 Australian Marquee Position (Wage not included in Salary Cap)

Sooooooo.....

Can we discuss squad development now?

PS> Stop suggesting this bloke is our marquee. Wikipedia page indicates not coming to wanders.

That bloke has taken career journeyman to an entire new level. It looks like he's been backpacking around Europe for the past 13 years! 15 clubs in 13 years!?!? Is that a record?

Edited by mrdamage

New thread huh?

2 of 5 Foreign Players

Sooooooo.....

PS> Stop suggesting this bloke is our marquee. Wikipedia page indicates not coming to wanders.

That bloke has taken career journeyman to an entire new level. It looks like he's been backpacking around Europe for the past 13 years!

That might explain why he's gone to Israel. Bored of backpacking around Europe. Lookin' for some excitement. Dodgin' rockets from Beirut.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Haifa,+Israel/@32.7452214,35.3854437,9z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x151dba4c750de845:0xc35d23982a81529a

Edited by ichook

New thread huh?

2 of 5 Foreign Players

Sooooooo.....

15 clubs in 13 years!?!?

No thanks.

@NickArkoudis You might find James Troisi could be signing for you guys.

• 11:23 PM - 22 Jul 2015

@NickArkoudis very good player and probably take oz marquee spot. Pretty good source so we will see next few weeks if it comes off.

• 11:33 PM - 22 Jul 2015

@NickArkoudis You might find James Troisi could be signing for you guys.

• 11:23 PM - 22 Jul 2015

@NickArkoudis very good player and probably take oz marquee spot. Pretty good source so we will see next few weeks if it comes off.

• 11:33 PM - 22 Jul 2015

Don't even joke about that.

No thanks.

Finkler had a similar number of clubs in about half that time before joining Victory. I recall a  good number of  forumites were just about creaming themselves at the possibility of getting him this season.

It just makes me wonder that if a player is that desirable, why wouldn't he be kept, and why do they keep moving on?

If that bloke decided to dodge a 

No thanks.

Finkler had a similar number of clubs in about half that time before joining Victory. I recall a  good number of  forumites were just about creaming themselves at the possibility of getting him this season.

Still, Pavarotti's playin in Israel... so nuff said.

But if he does decide to dodge a rocket, i can't see him taking a marquee spot. Maybe judge a fgn spot.

No thanks.

Finkler had a similar number of clubs in about half that time before joining Victory. I recall a good number of forumites were just about creaming themselves at the possibility of getting him this season.
It just makes me wonder that if a player is that desirable, why wouldn't he be kept, and why do they keep moving on?

Ask Berisha. He was all over the shop in Europe. Then he arrived in Brisbane, and the rest is history.

My two cents.

season one. plate. Season Two- grand final again and season three ACL champions.

Now. Massive clear out for various reasons. I put my trust in the club and coaching staff to get this right. This is not random. There is a plan.

If season four is a bust then lets vent but right now the club deserve the right to play it their way. What we have achieved in three seasons is to be honest beyond belief.

If that bloke decided to dodge a 

No thanks.

Still, Pavarotti's playin in Israel... so nuff said.

But if he does decide to dodge a rocket, i can't see him taking a marquee spot. Maybe judge a fgn spot.

He has lost a lot of weight though! :P

Not to keen on Troisi, surely there's a better option out there.

GTFO...... Hed be the best possible option for a Aussie Marquee spot, Troisi is the goal scoring left mid we lack. Id throw a marque contract and name a grandstand for him to join us. Its bullshit though so i wont believe it for one minute.

F*cking lololololol at people claiming Piovaccari must be no good because he has spent half his career on loan.

He hasn't been jumping between 3rd or 4th division clubs or playing 2nd Division football in Australia. He's playing at the top level.

Not sure if you blokes have heard of Steaua Bucuresti, but they are the 26 time Romanian Champions who have also won the Champions League. They are currently ranked the 48th best team in Europe, ahead of teams you may have heard of like Villareal, Liverpool, AS Roma, Monaco, Fenerbache etc etc. He only scored 16 goals for them throughout his season on loan, including a goal in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

Last year he played for a team called Eibar. For those of you who don't know, played in the top division in Spain against teams called Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, etc etc. I don't think there are too many defences in the A League that compare to that of the Madrid's or Barcelona, so he might find it a little bit easier if he were to come here.

Is he a journeyman? Yes.

Is a big name? No.

Was I expecting someone more famous? Yes.

But the important question......

Would he be successful in the A League? Abso-f*cking-lutely.

People forget Football is still a job and a living. If i could use my current job as a means to also travel to many places around the world or country i certainly would! Doesnt mean im shot or dont put my heart and soul into said job...

It sucks how we can't pay transfer fee's for players,

Roberto Soldado would be ideal IMO, although very expensive at the current moment, maybe in a couple of years

We can pay a transfer fees just not between A league clubs. Melb victory paid 700k from memory for Carlos Hernandez from Costa Rica when his loan deal expired

Now the league is ten years old they should scrap this rubbish on no transfer business between fellow clubs.

Oliver Bozanic.

Good call Hawks. Recently released too, so realistically an option.

Different styles of player and I quite like Bozanic, but I think a wide left forward is what we need more than a central mid-fielder, so I'd go with Troisi.

Wouldn't complain with either of them though!

Edited by Pup55

@ pup

I said similar things about the supposed marquee just summed him up as underwhelming - I wouldn't go as far to say he would be a guaranteed success in the league his pedigree isn't that great that he would guarantee Instant success I'm sure you agree time will tell as we have had more credentialed Aussies and OS players underwhelm here

Example - kewell, heskey, Jardel, multiple Esfc marquees And guest players, fowler

It was alleged in the media and on this forum that Popa has money for a marquee plus the income from Spira, plus the income from CWC and Asian Champions has all rolled in

We have a few months to see if all this money is used on 2 quality marquees that we have free now

The HAL will feel quite weird in S4.

Elrich LaRocca @ ADE

Polenz @ Roar

Haliti Mullen Poljak @ Jets

Covic Tyson Golec @ West of WSW

Mooy Kuzi @ City

Ruka @ ESFC (maybe)

Appiah @ Wellington

Redmayne @ WSW

Nichols @ WSW

Jamieson @ WSW

Pepper Neville @ WSW

I found myself barracking for Mooy last season. (whenever he was not playing against us). 

I think it will be the same for Larocca and a few others i've grown to love from their time with us.

God i love HAL. I wish most of the people from where i live were not eurosnobs :unknw: .

Thats why i need this forum so bad  :hi:

F*cking lololololol at people claiming Piovaccari must be no good because he has spent half his career on loan.

He hasn't been jumping between 3rd or 4th division clubs or playing 2nd Division football in Australia. He's playing at the top level.

Is he a journeyman? Yes.

Is a big name? No.

Was I expecting someone more famous? Yes.

But the important question......

Would he be successful in the A League? Abso-f*cking-lutely.

Shame he's playing in Israel next year then, huh?

The HAL will feel quite weird in S4.

Elrich LaRocca @ ADE

Polenz @ Roar

Haliti Mullen Poljak @ Jets

Covic Tyson Golec @ West of WSW

Mooy Kuzi @ City

Ruka @ ESFC (maybe)

Appiah @ Wellington

Redmayne @ WSW

Nichols @ WSW

Jamieson @ WSW

Pepper Neville @ WSW

I found myself barracking for Mooy last season. (whenever he was not playing against us).

I think it will be the same for Larocca and a few others i've grown to love from their time with us.

God i love HAL. I wish most of the people from where i live were not eurosnobs :unknw: .

Thats why i need this forum so bad :hi:

I find the euro snobs to be interested in euro football, but not fanatical. So I wouldn't worry about that too much - you want crazy mutha fkas supporting the club, which is why I've always held an RBB / Bay55 membership.

If it weren't for the RBB we'd be as lukewarm as the Mariners