AFL/NRL Bashing & Laughing at GWS Thread 2

We are all forgetting that before an AFL Grand Final there is a parade through the streets of Melbourne. Where the contestants are placed in convertibles as Legionista's good friend JFK was, and adored by the starstruck fans of the competing clubs. That will be one awkward parade if there is not even one GWS supporter who has flown in days early to soak in the week's hype

We are all forgetting that before an AFL Grand Final there is a parade through the streets of Melbourne. Where the contestants are placed in convertibles as Legionista's good friend JFK was, and adored by the starstruck fans of the competing clubs. That will be one awkward parade if there is not even one GWS supporter who has flown in days early to soak in the week's hype

The cheersquad will be flown down.

Stacks of orange gear will be handed out to melbournites.

"Oi mate! Have a free guernsey and pretend you barack for the giants!"

The AFL management IMO deserve some respect in how they have maintained there position relative to other codes when in the face of it they should have gone out of business years ago.

The thing they do very well is not create fans but create many devotees.... via school at first and then into many business and government roles... a mate recently returned from Melbourne his wife has absolutely no interest in sport at all picked an AFL side just so they could get along.

Its like a religion to many ... they don't question what comes out of the AFL front office ... this allows hype to take over and a very devoted fan base who see it as their duty to spread the word and attack anything that may be seen as getting in their way or a challenge.

Having fans of this loyalty and with so much determination to do whatever is necessary to stop other sports and push themselves ... is a huge asset and the AFL use it well and to their advantage.

Some time ago I was holidaying in Byron Bay at Christmas and for me it was about surfing and diving... this bloke pulls in with a huge van and after it was set up raised a flag poll maybe 15 meters into the air with a flag in it.

We were all curious and asked this guy what country did the flag come from and he told us it was Geelong Flag and we all laughed and said no one follows that stuff up here... he spend the next three weeks trying to convert us and each night watched a replay of an AFL game...

Having said all this the AFL are in what the marketers call the mature phase of their market product... meaning its difficult or near impossible for the AFL to grow in the Southern States and in the face of new competition from other codes and teams its difficult to see how they could hold on to their existing market share in their heartland states.  This is the main reason for the push into WS and CG and the hope they can pick more in the Northern States than they loose in the heartland states.

What has hurt the the AFL the most is the lost of power by the axis of evil [3AW, Herald Sun, Ch 7} the net just gets past the media gate keepers..

The things they say about Sydney never get said in Melbourne as they believe everything AFL house says...

They have a huge asset, there fans will watch anything AFL akin the the National Rifle Association in the US they believe in their right to say and do whatever they want to others and bitch like wounded animals if they get it back... So when the AFL decide to start a women's league they will be told to watch it as it helps with the great fight and they will.... the AFL X is very interesting and has the backing of 7 and you expect the other members of the axis of evil.

In ten years we will be in a totally different environment ... sometimes I get so annoyed with many Football fans who demand FFA almost copy a European set up with little comprehension  of how difficult a job it must be running FFA with so much coming from other codes, nor understanding Football has few corporate and government friends.

Having said all this we are set for a rapid period of growth .... 

Tony Shepherd: "thank **** we got out of Blacktown and rooty hill".

Hijab in 3 2

Oh there it is.

did he actually say that? i can believe it

*words may not actually have been said

lol the only reason i thought you might be taking the piss is the swear word because the rest sounds like gws to a tee :P

The thing they do very well is not create fans but create many devotees.... via school at first and then into many business and government roles... a mate recently returned from Melbourne his wife has absolutely no interest in sport at all picked an AFL side just so they could get along.

My sister went to Melbourne on a short-term contract, 4 months I think. The people at her office started off by asking her what team she supported, then telling her she had to pick a team, and then when she didn't bother (she's not into sport at all) they tried to work out which team she should support based off her personality, life choices, clothes etc.

As many have said one of the game changes is global influences and in the last six months this is showing through.

Optus is the obvious a company that understand Football and are prepared to invest in it.... then today going totally unreported is Aldi have become the naming rights sponsor of the mini Roos program which promotes Football to hundreds of thousands of Kids.... Aldi another overseas company who understand Football.... but they are also today I think the third biggest supermarket chain.. 

I am more the confident in our growth 

Aldi link http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/article/ffa-announces-aldi-as-the-new-official-naming-rights-partner-of-the-miniroos/6eacukjsyr6w12phfkc32lvvq

Midfielder, well written & bravo :golecapproves:

Thanks

My sister went to Melbourne on a short-term contract, 4 months I think. The people at her office started off by asking her what team she supported, then telling her she had to pick a team, and then when she didn't bother (she's not into sport at all) they tried to work out which team she should support based off her personality, life choices, clothes etc.

It's a bit like that on ANZAC day in WA where instead of being a day about solemn reflection I usually get asked 5-7 times 'so where are you gunna watch the game'.

ANZAC Day - registered trademark of the AFL.

It was awesome to spend 2015 ANZAC day in the RBB even though it ended in (capsicum) tears.

As many have said one of the game changes is global influences and in the last six months this is showing through.

Optus is the obvious a company that understand Football and are prepared to invest in it.... then today going totally unreported is Aldi have become the naming rights sponsor of the mini Roos program which promotes Football to hundreds of thousands of Kids.... Aldi another overseas company who understand Football.... but they are also today I think the third biggest supermarket chain.. 

I am more the confident in our growth 

Aldi link http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/article/ffa-announces-aldi-as-the-new-official-naming-rights-partner-of-the-miniroos/6eacukjsyr6w12phfkc32lvvq

Midfielder, well written & bravo :golecapproves:

Thanks

The second sentence deserves to be a story on its own - W League naming rights !!!

Tony Shepherd: "thank **** we got out of Blacktown and rooty hill".

Hijab in 3 2

Oh there it is.

did he actually say that? i can believe it

*words may not actually have been said

lol the only reason i thought you might be taking the piss is the swear word because the rest sounds like gws to a tee :P

he inferred the facilities were rubbish so it was good to leave and laughed about having to use space at rooty hill rsl like he only just got the smell out of his slacks.

They have a huge asset, there fans will watch anything AFL akin the the National Rifle Association in the US they believe in their right to say and do whatever they want to others and bitch like wounded animals if they get it back... So when the AFL decide to start a women's league they will be told to watch it as it helps with the great fight and they will.... the AFL X is very interesting and has the backing of 7 and you expect the other members of the axis of evil.

Midfielder...

you-sir-have-just-won-the-internet-20052

Thinking about this interview and the comments from Mike Fitzpatrick about how he wants AFL to be the dominant code and No. 1 in NSW and QLD, along the east coast. I have to laugh when I think back to earlier comments by Andrew Demetriou when they were launching GWS, about how they wanted to co exist with the other codes in Sydney and that they were only looking to carve out a niche in the Western Sydney sports market.

The mask has slipped, with GWS making its first final, this has always been the true objective of the creators of the expansion teams.

Edited by FCWanderers

Aldi have become the naming rights sponsor of the mini Roos program which promotes Football to hundreds of thousands of Kids..

We believe that there is natural fit between ALDI and MiniRoos football." said Gallop.

Why do they talk so much crap when announcing these things? Isn't it enough to say they are sponsoring the miniroos, talk up their business and thank them?

Thinking about this interview and the comments from Mike Fitzpatrick about how he wants AFL to be the dominant code and No. 1 in NSW and QLD, along the east coast. I have to laugh when I think back to earlier comments by Andrew Demetriou when they were launching GWS, about how they wanted to co exist with the other codes in Sydney and that they were only looking to carve out a niche in the Western Sydney sports market.

The mask has slipped, with GWS making its first final, this has always been the true objective of the creators of the expansion teams.

Remember when the AFL wanted to the midgets to work with the Wanderers.

That was one time Gallop stood up the the AFL. They can p*** off back to the eastern suburbs and Victoria as fast as their legs, cars, buses can take them. They have got me riled up.

EXACTLY !!!

I've been saying this all along, I know how they think because I have lived in AFL states.

Yeah that puff piece was disgusting.

Tony Shepherd needs a punch in the face though, smarmy arrogant looking turd he is.

Had a brief scan of the video on the 7.30 Report web site.

At one point the old Anglo plutocrat who fronts that story laughs about having the Manuka Midgets ops centre at Rooty Hill RSL.

Here's a thought...maybe if they were truly engaged with western Sydney they'd realise that they could've built on that location and maybe set down roots there, perhaps even developing admin facilities there or nearby.

But no...they grabbed council and state government dosh and went east to Homebush.

Meanwhile, a certain sokkah club has its offices out at Bungaribee/Rooty Hill, almost at the dead centre of an area with Liverpool, Parramatta, the Hills and Penrith on the perimeter.

For us niff nuffs... what the **** is a AFL-X and why are AFL **** scared of it?

AFL-X is a plan by the AFL.

It's a small sided version of the game which can be played on football pitches.

It's tied to that whole idea of it being such a great game, if only people would see it they'd be so crazy about it they'd drop everything and start playing.

Except that, in order to try and spread the popularity of their game, they see that the best way is to change it into something completely different.

Just spend the weekend in Victoria visiting the old man. He's down Geelong way, (think Bells Beach) and the butt-hurt from the Cats fans about them playing a home final in Melbourne at the MCG is amazing. They already hate the GWS as a whole and the fact they'll get to play a final at a 24,000 capacity venue when the AFL won't let the Cats play at home is going gangbusters. The Victorians really don't want the Giants to win. They're already dirty at the extra funding they get and the concessions, then for them to buy a Premiership will just increase the hatred.

If in the unlikely event that GWS won the Grand Final, where would they hold their victory parade? Canberra?

Haha imagine if they did win. 

First, the Grand Final would be a farce. A bay maybe of GWS supporters and then the entire MCG full of people who are supporting the other team or critical of GWS because they have been given a leg-up along the way.

Then a "parade" with a few thousand people max if they have it on a weekend. Imagine the parade if they had it on a Tuesday or something. There'd be a few office workers come out for a sticky-beak and a tiny bunch of die-hards lol. It'd be embarrassing.

maybe they can march from stuart ayres' office in high st, and over the new footbridge across the nepean*

*for those playing at home, the bridge isnt built yet 

canstock27000358.jpg

will be quicker to parade the fans past the players