Jump to content
mack

Markus Babbel Is New Wanderers Coach

Recommended Posts

i remember hearing about all the talented young players we had under Popa, never got to see them play for us they all signed for the jets while popa played jumpei and ignored them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Yeah you’re right popa never gave a chance to people like 

Appiah, perkatis, Joey Gibbs, Alessi, youlley, kuzmanovski, aspro 

shall I go on? 

And the one still here sotorio is just everyone’s new shinji Ono isn’t he? 

All the above players are now at juve, Real and Bayern there were so good. 

Once again popa you let us down!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Yeah you’re right popa never gave a chance to people like 

Appiah, perkatis, Joey Gibbs, Alessi, youlley, kuzmanovski, aspro 

shall I go on? 

And the one still here sotorio is just everyone’s new shinji Ono isn’t he? 

All the above players are now at juve, Real and Bayern there were so good. 

Once again popa you let us down!

 

 

 

how many times did he use the likes of perkatis, alessi, youlley, and kuzmanovski? i'll give you gibbs, appiah and aspro, but why did he give appiah so many chances? he put his bets on the donkey of the lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And as I said they are all playing in Europe now they were so good 

there is an abundance of talented youngsters across world football and only a small amount mature into regular first teamers 

the way you should look at this is how many of the young players left our club have excelled and kicked on? I ask because I really can’t say any... 

i know if you look at our neighbour in the east over the years players like Djite, Burns, Arzani were in esfc youth teams and weren’t given a chance and went on and had careers or in arzani look destined to do so 

there were big wraps on banderia and shadow for example time will tell if letting them guy will bite us 

taurus is probably best placed to comment if any players we don’t know has kicked on elsewhere 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You must remember when popa was here there wasn't an academy it just started just before he left. What he had was a few young players from that state leagues. Gombau and Babbel have the youth academy so they have to use it. Baccus, Grozos, Tockich are the first ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought Aspro was the best of the Popa era youth players, injury hasn’t helped, let’s see how he goes with the sea bogans 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appiah Kubi did win our ACL Player of the Year award...

He breezed past those Asian defences

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Erebus said:

Are people seriously still questioning the Gombau sacking?

The guy is a fraud. There's a reason the majority of the team refused to play for him. He couldn't even name one youth player.

Erebus, stop upsetting people :-)

Team PopaOut had been demanding Popa's head for at least a year, and consequently they had to turn into GombauIn as soon as Popa was out of the door. Gombau had to be successful so their PopaOut mantra would be substantiated. But alas! Gombau didn't turn out to be the manager the club thought they'd signed. GombauIn never saw him as the fraud he is, or looked at him as part (or the root) of the problem. Instead: It's not his team, he didn't have a pre season, individual players are crap, the whole team is crap, the club is crap etc.

They now hope for two things: that the Babbel boys don't make the top six, and that Popa's Glory ends up behind the Wanderers = told you so! = Popa is crap + Gombau >> Babbel. Something like that.

They totally ignore that there is a revolution on the way at WSW. We've seen the first glimpse of it in Wellington: a BL1 grade training regime with high fitness level promoting youth players that translates into purposeful possession and passing, physical presence, a variable game plan, young players starting to make an impact, less stupid errors at the back, more clinical up front.

What GombauIn is also ignoring is that our new coach is a pro. He showed his emotions during the derby, demonstrated to both team and supporters who he is and what he stands for. Then he accepted his red card. He defended both his opinion and the refs and VAR. Going by FFA's reaction, and Gillet's performance in Wellington, his critique was heard. His voice has weight.

I said it in May when he was announced: he will transform our club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, FCB said:

Erebus, stop upsetting people :-)

Team PopaOut had been demanding Popa's head for at least a year, and consequently they had to turn into GombauIn as soon as Popa was out of the door. Gombau had to be successful so their PopaOut mantra would be substantiated. But alas! Gombau didn't turn out to be the manager the club thought they'd signed. GombauIn never saw him as the fraud he is, or looked at him as part (or the root) of the problem. Instead: It's not his team, he didn't have a pre season, individual players are crap, the whole team is crap, the club is crap etc.

 They now hope for two things: that the Babbel boys don't make the top six, and that Popa's Glory ends up behind the Wanderers = told you so! = Popa is crap + Gombau >> Babbel. Something like that.

They totally ignore that there is a revolution on the way at WSW. We've seen the first glimpse of it in Wellington: a BL1 grade training regime with high fitness level promoting youth players that translates into purposeful possession and passing, physical presence, a variable game plan, young players starting to make an impact, less stupid errors at the back, more clinical up front.

What GombauIn is also ignoring is that our new coach is a pro. He showed his emotions during the derby, demonstrated to both team and supporters who he is and what he stands for. Then he accepted his red card. He defended both his opinion and the refs and VAR. Going by FFA's reaction, and Gillet's performance in Wellington, his critique was heard. His voice has weight.

I said it in May when he was announced: he will transform our club.

Markus shouldn't you be preparing for our game this afternoon? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well said as always FCB 

and to add to that if Perth win today Popa will be pop of the league 😛

sorry top 

all the popa out Brigade wonder if they will support in a popa v esfc grand final probably esfc 

#agendas 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/11/2018 at 7:11 AM, GunnerWanderer said:

And as I said they are all playing in Europe now they were so good 

there is an abundance of talented youngsters across world football and only a small amount mature into regular first teamers 

the way you should look at this is how many of the young players left our club have excelled and kicked on? I ask because I really can’t say any... 

i know if you look at our neighbour in the east over the years players like Djite, Burns, Arzani were in esfc youth teams and weren’t given a chance and went on and had careers or in arzani look destined to do so 

there were big wraps on banderia and shadow for example time will tell if letting them guy will bite us 

taurus is probably best placed to comment if any players we don’t know has kicked on elsewhere 

you think every player playing in europe is good? did you craft this theory of yours when you were a diehard sydney fc fan?

also for the record i was never team popa out, he made a lot of **** signings but he usually made them work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×