RD 4 - Mudgee (vs Brisbane) - Sat 10th Nov

Johnno

46 minutes ago, hughsey said:

Yet to book wineries, apparently they're booking out fast. Missus not happy

Anyone have any recommendations?

Push your way to the front waving a credit card, I'm sure you'll get a tasting ........

But as was said, are you trying to do sit down lunch or just get a few under the belt before a picnic on the paddock......

On busy weekends they only do tastings on a booking basis. Have dealt with the same nonsense in The Hunter and down south. Already called a couple who’ve told me the same thing. Apparently this is a massive weekend for them, or so they are forecasting. Didn’t realise this was such a big event haha 

2 hours ago, hughsey said:

On busy weekends they only do tastings on a booking basis. Have dealt with the same nonsense in The Hunter and down south. Already called a couple who’ve told me the same thing. Apparently this is a massive weekend for them, or so they are forecasting. Didn’t realise this was such a big event haha 

mate if the game sells out that twice the local population right there

5 minutes ago, Cynth said:

You know where you can put that Brolly.....

:D

3 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

In your tent?

3 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

:shok:

Well that kind of ungrateful attitude will certainly keep you in a muddy debris strewn camp site...honestly!

:P

Ohhhh, that's what you meant! Well at least it won't get blown away in the gale.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Gotta love the country and country people.

I left my run a bit late to book accommodation for Mudgee, after finally confirming a ticket in the RBB earlier this week, and thanks to a very generous forumite.

Anyway, yesterday, I finally found a bed to sleep in within walking distance to town. Booked it and the electronic confirmation came through immediately. Sweet I thought...….I'm all set. Mudgee here I come!!!

Until about an hour ago, when I get a text from the owners saying that my booking was made by mistake because their website of my booked accommodation was down. Booking.com was unaware of this and still had the room showing as available.

So, I returned a message via text thanking them for letting me know and asking if they had any contacts that might be able to help me out. Well, the kind lady owner went out of her way to find somewhere for me, ringing around throughout Mudgee, and then calling me back with a contact. I quickly checked it out on Booking.com, made the booking and it came through as confirmed. 

I then thought, stuff this, I'm going to ring the new place to make sure I don't get dicked around again. I spent 15 minutes on the phone to the bloke, as we found out we have similar careers, and we continued to swap stories about the state of our careers etc. He confirmed my booking and all was sweet.

While all this was going on, the original lady was still looking for places for me, and called me back about 20 minutes later saying she'd been pulling her hair out trying to find other accommodation for me. I reassured her that her first recommendation was fine and had been booked. Luckily for me the place I now have wasn't available. They had a cancellation late last night, which is why it didn't come up on Booking.com yesterday.

Furthermore, Booking.com have also emailed me saying they are prepared to refund the extra cost of the new accommodation upon presentation of receipts. There was a difference of $116 (first booking was $84, 2nd booking was $200. I was desperate so just paid it!!)

The effort these people went to and the general friendliness of all involved, just isn't something we see to often in the big smoke. As I said, gotta love country people.

Anyway, I'm there. Apparently, Mudgee is all prepared for the influx of Wanderers fans.

It will be a pleasant change to attend a match without the ******* Public Order and Riot Squad present. 

To be fair...with so many wanderers fans staying across a small country town someone is going to get the  resident serial killer......I am taking a punt you might have just found that place...

43 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

So Sunday is 100 year anniversary of the end of the Great War. 11th of 11th. Any plans?

I emailed their tourist place to see what was going on, haven’t heard back yet. Country folk, so slow, can’t they show some professional customer service like you get in the city?

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/news/wanderers-acknowledge-remembrance-day-mudgee

3 hours ago, BrightSpark said:

For anyone else still to book accommodation, according to the latest email from the club there is still plenty of accommodation left in Mudgee - https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/news/still-plenty-accomodation-left-mudgee?j=152684&sfmc_sub=6874025&l=32_HTML&u=4107043&mid=7277320&jb=1

Actually, no there isn't.

Nothing in that article says there is plenty of accommodation available next weekend. And I know for a fact that there isn't. Unless you want to stay in Bathurst or Broken Hill for the night, or drive back to Sydney and sleep in your own bed. There's plenty of accommodation available in those places.

And I thought you were a Bright Spark. 

Edited by Wanderboy