Squad Development 2021/22

Yep tough start, but we've done alright against them at the new stadium, let's be positive, day after the game we'll be 3 points up on them looking forward to the next game, every year i expect great things from the Wanderers and get .....well bang average seems to cover the last couple of seasons.

Have not set my bar high for this season just want good football, couple of decent results and actually enjoying leaving the game, if anything above that would be a welcome surprise :meep: 

19 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

Yep tough start, but we've done alright against them at the new stadium, let's be positive, day after the game we'll be 3 points up on them looking forward to the next game, every year i expect great things from the Wanderers and get .....well bang average seems to cover the last couple of seasons.

Have not set my bar high for this season just want good football, couple of decent results and actually enjoying leaving the game, if anything above that would be a welcome surprise :meep: 

In our 9 seasons we've made the finals 4 times and finished in the top half of the table 3 times.

As much as I'd like a title run this season I'd be happy with finishing in the top half of the table.

Feel like no matter who we sign at the moment, we won't be able to reach our potential as long as Robinson is still our coach.

We should be able to get good results in a lot of those 6 fixtures, but it just seems inevitable we are going to drop very easy points, especially if we play like last season.

I'm still worried about our defence, and think we probably need 1 or 2 more quality attackers. Too many mistakes and lapses in concentration killed us last season, and we could have scored a lot more goals than we did, we weren't clinical at all and were often disjointed.

I hope Robinson surprises us all, but not getting my hopes up at all.

4 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Feel like no matter who we sign at the moment, we won't be able to reach our potential as long as Robinson is still our coach.

We should be able to get good results in a lot of those 6 fixtures, but it just seems inevitable we are going to drop very easy points, especially if we play like last season.

I'm still worried about our defence, and think we probably need 1 or 2 more quality attackers. Too many mistakes and lapses in concentration killed us last season, and we could have scored a lot more goals than we did, we weren't clinical at all and were often disjointed.

Maybe now that the season start date has been confirmed, we can complete our signings. I'm still hanging on to that email from weeks ago saying that we will be signing multiple a league and w league players. Only 1 a league player signed in that time....

35 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

"As much as I'd like a title run this season I'd be happy with finishing in the top half of the table."

Some cagey input here, i'll go along with these sentiments, don't expect toooo much and will not be disappointed but it's the hope that gets ya.:sorry:

We really need another centre back and a an attacking player Margush still worries me   Hopefully we have a good goalkeeping coach and has worked on those weekness that stood out for margush last season especial dominating his 6 yard box.

maybe with Baccus hanging around Robbo may continue his push for baccus to fill the AM role and Petratos partners Hemed up front.

13 minutes ago, Keithie said:

We really need another centre back and a an attacking player Margush still worries me   Hopefully we have a good goalkeeping coach and has worked on those weekness that stood out for margush last season especial dominating his 6 yard box.

maybe with Baccus hanging around Robbo may continue his push for baccus to fill the AM role and Petratos partners Hemed up front.

I've heard Margush has progressed well in preseason, I really rate Del Giovine as the coach and back his judgement. 

Definitely need to promote a youth goalie or get a backup. Don't think we will ever see Vedran in a squad again.

My understanding is Oliver Kalac has gone to a team overseas.

18 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I've heard Margush has progressed well in preseason, I really rate Del Giovine as the coach and back his judgement. 

Definitely need to promote a youth goalie or get a backup. Don't think we will ever see Vedran in a squad again.

My understanding is Oliver Kalac has gone to a team overseas.

Good news if Margush is stepping to another level , young 16 or 17 year old now keeper in NPL is very highly rated Oliver Kalac not so much 

2 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Remember so was Shinji when he came here and Popa had him taken care of almost never heading to Perth or Wellington. Just need the A-league clubs to have the power to convince him to come.

Not an issue.

Glory looking to relocate east, at least in the early part of the season.

Nix again starting the season in Australia.

9 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Couldn’t see if this has already been said in a brief look back. Romero signed with Apia so he won’t be with us next season. 

Starting to get uncomfortably late for signings

On the plus side for me Apia is my NPL team these days (yes Im a swap shirt on that one but local team)

3 hours ago, Upthehill said:

Couldn’t see if this has already been said in a brief look back. Romero signed with Apia so he won’t be with us next season. 

Starting to get uncomfortably late for signings

Surely he'd have a release clause if an A-League club came knocking. 

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic