Defensive Suicide Squad Throw Away Derby

11 minutes ago, William said:

We have a quick turn around  for a home game game against the last placed Western United this Friday night so let’s hope we can put the Derby behind us and get back to the way we can play. We have 1 extra game to play than most of those above us so we can still challenge for 3rd or 4th place, 

The seasons over.

4 minutes ago, William said:

The season is far from over, you blokes seem to have caught the same bug our team had last night we can work our way out of this !!!

True, but will we.?

The history of the last seven season says no.....(and whoever said history never repeats was a twat.)

To be honest if you dig down deep enough ALL of us want us to succeed...it's just those stupid idiots they put on the pitch that is stopping us at the minute. :ninja:

9 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I am guessing you are quite young?…..Don’t worry..in no time you will be as cynical and grumpy as the rest of us, it’s an inescapable fait supporting our club.

Speak for yourself. 

14 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I am guessing you are quite young?…..Don’t worry..in no time you will be as cynical and grumpy as the rest of us, it’s an inescapable fait supporting our club.

4 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Speak for yourself. 

Yes I'm a ray of sunshine 

34 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Are you new here? :)

Umm new to this forum but been a around a bit enjoyed soccer during the buildup to the 1974 world cup and have been at the Wanderers from day one, seen all the highs and all the lows , 0-4  to FC AT Stadium Australia with 60k there  1-5 loss when Gumby did his best to hand FC a big win so last night was nothing new, BUT I do believe we are a far better team than what was offered up last night I believe we have potential to get at least 4th here , we have seen this team perform well and after a disastrous 4 week period and longer of injuries, suspensions and the like , I think IF we can get all our players available we can make a run for the finals and on a side note I think Clisby was damaged last night and last week and don't be surprised if we lose him for a week or 2 with concussion. 

I will be there Friday night and I believe we will be much better. 

Get on board boys 

PS: is Siccluna left footed play him as left back.

2 minutes ago, William said:

Umm new to this forum but been a around a bit enjoyed soccer during the buildup to the 1974 world cup and have been at the Wanderers from day one, seen all the highs and all the lows , 0-4  to FC AT Stadium Australia with 60k there  1-5 loss when Gumby did his best to hand FC a big win so last night was nothing new, BUT I do believe we are a far better team than what was offered up last night I believe we have potential to get at least 4th here , we have seen this team perform well and after a disastrous 4 week period and longer of injuries, suspensions and the like , I think IF we can get all our players available we can make a run for the finals and on a side note I think Clisby was damaged last night and last week and don't be surprised if we lose him for a week or 2 with concussion. 

I will be there Friday night and I believe we will be much better. 

Get on board boys 

PS: is Siccluna left footed play him as left back.

Welcome..I was trying to be funny. This is the wrong place to come for optimism.

Personally I large agree, there is a top 4 team in there. But if we insist on continuing to try and play out all the time we won't come close.

4 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Welcome..I was trying to be funny. This is the wrong place to come for optimism.

Personally I large agree, there is a top 4 team in there. But if we insist on continuing to try and play out all the time we won't come close.

So… basically… we need a manager who doesn’t think they’re Bielsa, and gets A-League level players playing A-League level football. 

14 hours ago, EmMac said:

Yep, where was the members liaison to back the boys up? Maybe they were there?  I don't know but a few words from club officials to the Rozzers could have solved the issue surely?

I overheard a conversation around half time at the game (from the marshals themselves). The supporter marshals were apparently told by Police that if they got involved in whatever was going on, that they would also be arrested.

3 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I overheard a conversation around half time at the game (from the marshals themselves). The supporter marshals were apparently told by Police that if they got involved in whatever was going on, that they would also be arrested.

Well, there you go. What an absolutely faaarking joke. This entire episode, orchestrated by the police, is a farking joke.

The Aleague need to take note. I have heard a lot more discontent concerning this incident than I have in a while. I think the wsw fans are weary of it all.

In these tough financial times, people may just decide a)inconsistent team performance combined with b)the heartache of the continual policing soap opera and c)(rightly or wrongly a perception) of bias from match officials, that their membership next season is just not worthit.  I mean why frickin bother?

2 hours ago, EmMac said:

Well, there you go. What an absolutely faaarking joke. This entire episode, orchestrated by the police, is a farking joke.

The Aleague need to take note. I have heard a lot more discontent concerning this incident than I have in a while. I think the wsw fans are weary of it all.

In these tough financial times, people may just decide a)inconsistent team performance combined with b)the heartache of the continual policing soap opera and c)(rightly or wrongly a perception) of bias from match officials, that their membership next season is just not worthit.  I mean why frickin bother?

It’s not like you can’t get a seat these days, not sell out crowds. It hasn’t been a necessity to have season membership since the first few seasons really. So it comes down to loyalty and buying into the clubs project and the quality on offer…..yeah…..

Not had full membership since the final season at the old stadium and not missed it.

Edited by Smoggy
43 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

I'll be there next home game, not going to kowtow to this rubbish, fill the stands I say.

Don’t disagree. BUT, where the derby is concerned, the ticket prices and the attention from the rozzers which will likely come again at the next….i wouldn’t be disappointed to see empty seats.

Edited by Smoggy
53 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

I'll be there next home game, not going to kowtow to this rubbish, fill the stands I say.

Sure and I am not talking about a staged boycott.... just that I think people have had a gutful for the reasons I outlined and may contemplate not renewing and/or not attending. Low turnout from the wanderers is the opposite of what ALM and the FFA should want or need... that would be disastrous for the comp.

15 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Don’t disagree. BUT, where the derby is concerned, the ticket prices and the attention from the rozzers which will likely come again at the next….i wouldn’t be disappointed to see empty seats.

Other than the derby our attendances have been pretty ordinary anyway..this sure won't help..

18 minutes ago, EmMac said:

Sure and I am not talking about a staged boycott.... just that I think people have had a gutful for the reasons I outlined and may contemplate not renewing and/or not attending. Low turnout from the wanderers is the opposite of what ALM and the FFA should want or need... that would be disastrous for the comp.

Need the comp to grow and be strong, bums on seats goes a long way to achieving that, brings notice to streaming, broadcasting, advertising and sponsorship companies, attendances must rise to claim this prize.

Forever being told of how many play and support the game and that word "Potential", that's my first simple step on the issue, more strategic minds will come up other various strategies I'm sure.

1 hour ago, WSWJACK said:

I don't disagree with the sentiment but the bottom line is after season after season of non performance and now coupled with the on field inconsistency of how we play under Rudan people are reaching peak couldn't give a ratsness. A season ticket is a major expense for a lot of people and many are deciding the outlay doesn't match expectations and what the club is selling them.

Going to be a long haul to get folks to care what happens or even pay up again..

Edited by sonar
13 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

Need the comp to grow and be strong, bums on seats goes a long way to achieving that, brings notice to streaming, broadcasting, advertising and sponsorship companies, attendances must rise to claim this prize.

Forever being told of how many play and support the game and that word "Potential", that's my first simple step on the issue, more strategic minds will come up other various strategies I'm sure.

Sure and I love this game and want it to grow here. But I feel like us fans are treated as some kind of necessary evil.

Bit of a rant incoming...

Rather than  seeing us as people that are spending their hard earned cash to support a struggling football league, we are treated like criminals, taken advantage of regarding pricing of goods and services. The stadium food is quite frankly atrocious and overpriced, as is the alcohol. A jersey costs $110-$120. If you wanted home and away that's nearly $250. I don't have kids, so for a family of 4 factoring all of that in along with memberships, it's a lot of money.

To varying degrees depending on how tough people are doing it out there financially, you can ignore the cost of it all, if you feel valued. But keep taking the fans for granted and this whole thing (aleage comp) is going to be a failed experiment. We are the bums on seats. Us punters.

And if WSW fails (arguably the best active support in the aleague and with the members most likely to travel to away games), there's no frickin hope for the rest of them. Sydney and Melbourne City can play each other 27 times and then have a final. See how that goes....

End rant 😄

Being a bit controversial here but just putting iout there :)

this competion is the A- leagues men am I correct and does the A stand for Australia if so:

How will it be if a team from another country takes both end of Season trophies and do they represent this competion and Country in Asia :) j

I gotta wonder what was Rudan thinking of going 3-5-2 at home in the derby? I am glad that he took responsibility for it but in saying that, this wasn't the game to make massive changes to the tactics and formation.

After 5min Rudan would have already realised by then he made a massive mistake with that setup, the players had no clue what to do with the ball, how to counter their high press and how to stop their fast ball movement.

Even if we have paid the ref, with that performance we would have not won.

Just now, William said:

Being a bit controversial here but just putting iout there :)

this competion is the A- leagues men am I correct and does the A stand for Australia if so:

How will it be if a team from another country takes both end of Season trophies and do they represent this competion and Country in Asia :) j

Short answer is No.

1 hour ago, EmMac said:

Sure and I love this game and want it to grow here. But I feel like us fans are treated as some kind of necessary evil.

Bit of a rant incoming...

Rather than  seeing us as people that are spending their hard earned cash to support a struggling football league, we are treated like criminals, taken advantage of regarding pricing of goods and services. The stadium food is quite frankly atrocious and overpriced, as is the alcohol. A jersey costs $110-$120. If you wanted home and away that's nearly $250. I don't have kids, so for a family of 4 factoring all of that in along with memberships, it's a lot of money.

To varying degrees depending on how tough people are doing it out there financially, you can ignore the cost of it all, if you feel valued. But keep taking the fans for granted and this whole thing (aleage comp) is going to be a failed experiment. We are the bums on seats. Us punters.

And if WSW fails (arguably the best active support in the aleague and with the members most likely to travel to away games), there's no frickin hope for the rest of them. Sydney and Melbourne City can play each other 27 times and then have a final. See how that goes....

End rant 😄

I completely agree. We are but a bit of business to clubs. That’s all. I like to think I was pretty involved, going interstate for games, most NSW away games, the WSW members committee, even met my now wife in the RBB, spent thousands upon thousands of dollars and hours following the side etc. 

The club refused to back fans. They refused to listen to fans. They treat their most important stakeholder (fans/members) as nothing more than a money pit. They have for almost a decade.

If the team is winning it does paper over cracks, but WSW are NOT a winning side anymore. We haven’t been for years and years. WSW don’t have a winning culture, and yet (unlike CCM) WSW don’t have that community culture either. It leaves the club lost, looking like it has a shallow purpose of just throwing 11 men onto a football pitch. 

I treat wanderers as business now, and I don’t have a men’s membership after years of it. I do have a women’s membership, because as it’s seen as a business I wanted to help bolster their numbers as the club treats the girls like ****.