Jerrad Tyson

mack

But he's not going to Glory. Glory reneged on the deal.

Anyway......**** the club. Totally pissed off with their decision to release him. He was forced out.

Goes again'st everything we as a club stand for. How can we 'release' the very epitome of what we stand for. Generosity of spirit, community minded, loyal, tireless social/community worker. FFS John, Popa and Lyall, you've ****ed this one up. 

First and foremost Tyson has proven himself to be a very good goalkeeper. I am sure that's the main reason he is here and why he is pursuing his football career. The fact that he works so tirelessly in the community, is one of the nicest blokes you would ever want to meet and represents our club like no other is a testament to the sort of person he is. He is a true professional who gives it everything, especially when he knows most of his time will be on the bench. He comes in with a great attitude and with a smile on his face and this is how we treat him. Even now you just know he bears the club no ill will, even though he should feel justifiably pissed. I will tear my hair out over this one. I wish you the best Tyson, I hope you land a contract at AC Milan or better. We don't deserve you.

i doubt this would happen but if Tyson plays against us, i would love to see a full stadium Tyson chant(somewhat like our Ono chant), i know it seems ridiculous and stupid to chant for an opposition player but after all he has done for us on and off the field(i know only 3 games but also 3 clean sheets) he deserves it, i would hate to see anyone booing him

Edited by UncleGoat

Can someone close to the club organise a decent and respectful send off for our favourite son. I'm not sure how much longer he is going to be calling Sydney home, so needs to be done sooner rather than later. Don't be shy Jerrad, if you are reading, give us a venue and I'm sure your Wanderers family will show up in numbers to wish you well.

Does it need to be someone from the club?

Can't we just organise something at the Roxy?

reception@wswanderersfc.com.au

Email Wanderers reception and see if they are willing to help. If we even had a clue that he was leaving at the last ACL game we could have given him a fitting farewell.

To be honest I would have preferred to see Covic go instead and believe JT should have got given more game time this year, especially when Covic had a few ordinary performances and looked tired. 

Certainly believe that he could have had more opportunities but for me if a GK has a couple of wobbly performances you still stick by him and let him get his mojo back which I think Covic did (two brilliant saves in Heart game that really got us back in to it and maybe contributed to getting to GF).  That said and I didn't see it personally other than snippets here and there but he's a blueprint for any player who thinks they want to show the community spirit of this club.

Let's all hope he finds a great gig and a great future at another club somewhere.  He deserves it just because he seems to be such a "Gentleman" and this is quite rare these days.

P.S.  Will also miss his ability to stretch out the time taken for a goal kick.   :ninja:

Edited by KGee

i doubt this would happen but if Tyson plays against us, i would love to see a full stadium Tyson chant(somewhat like our Ono chant), i know it seems ridiculous and stupid to chant for an opposition player but after all he has done for us on and off the field(i know only 3 games but also 3 clean sheets) he deserves it, i would hate to see anyone booing him

:smurfpoint:

No way, nobody (not Jerrad, Shinji or even Popa) is bigger than my club. I respect Jerrad massively and wouldn't boo him, but cheer an opposition player? Nope.

No way, nobody (not Jerrad, Shinji or even Popa) is bigger than my club. I respect Jerrad massively and wouldn't boo him, but cheer an opposition player? Nope.

What about before the game starts as he finally takes his spot in goal at parra?

Think Tyson has had big impact and when the club was forming they asked the community what culture and characteristics we wanted in a club - I reckon Tyson was the epitome of what we wanted. Now the club rejects him and what does that say about the culture and its value to the club?

I know 'winning' is important but as many have stated he gave everything in his limited chances and seemed pretty decent to my eye. I think that the RBB, Tyson and few others are what have made this club what it is - there is something different about WSW that isn't there in other clubs.  Certainly popa's managing has been excellent, although he would have to admit to errors along the way also (eg I think Covic was not in the right head space for the away game to Sanfrecce and contributed to an appalling score line - should have been on the bench). The club has created something special - which is what I hear in these forums - and people like Tyson embody that in ways that others can't.  There needs to be a balance so that there is good football and strong culture - off-field/on-field contributions. If we get this right off the field there will be good balance, strong culture, a team that fights hard in a Western Sydney kind of way and overcomes the barriers that smurf like creatures put in our way (discarded Bling?). 

I think the members need to be heard on what values the club represents in players etc.

he is the enemy during the match so maybe pre/post match, i agree his is not bigger but just showing our appreciation for what he did for us, i think he deserved that, would have been ideal that before the ACL match it was announced he was released so he could have got a massive cheer but it didnt happen

just my opinion it would take something very special for me to cheer an opponent but imo pre or post match it doesnt hurt

Its a footballing decision at the end of the day, no matter all the great things he did for the community if the coaching squad don't rate good enough or he wants more playing time than you just have to accept it and part ways.

This!!!!!!!!!!

People forget this game is business and not 'friends and family'. The amount of people having a go at the club need to wake up to that and realise that this is a footballing decision. I've personally met Jerrad and he is a gentleman and I too am disappointed he won't be here next season but this is business - players come and go!

Speccy, I think it comes more from the decision as a whole doesn't seem to make much sense. His performances were quite good, his character cannot be faulted, his commitment to the club has never waivered, he's a marketers dream, a champion of the community and a crowd favourite. Unless we are signing someone way, way, way, effing better, it doesn't add up, The rumoured signing of Bouzanis to me is a step down, possibly an equal signing at best.

I think people have a right to vent their disappointment at the club. That's what makes us different. It's what Lyall keeps telling us makes us different. That we have a sense of ownership in this club. It was built on the back of community engagement.

FFS, if we can't tell them we aren't happy about this (and ponder the reasons behind the decision) then we are no different to shitney.

We all understand the business of football, hence Ono, Hersi, Mooy, Dino moving on. Is there an outcry over them? No, because we understand the reasoning behind those moves. But this one.......hmmm......

Note, on his personal fb page he clearly stated he was forced out to make room for a new signing. As I said....it better be a bloody good one.

End rant.

How do we even know Jerrard was forced out? until someone sheds some for more information it purely looks to me that the club decided to go with Covic for footballing reasons and Tyson needs first team football and thus has left. I don't like it either, but it's hardly him being forced out. Obviously i could be wrong and there could be more going on behind the scenes but until that information is brought to light i wont go making baseless assumptions.

Speccy, I think it comes more from the decision as a whole doesn't seem to make much sense. His performances were quite good, his character cannot be faulted, his commitment to the club has never waivered, he's a marketers dream, a champion of the community and a crowd favourite. Unless we are signing someone way, way, way, effing better, it doesn't add up, The rumoured signing of Bouzanis to me is a step down, possibly an equal signing at best.

I think people have a right to vent their disappointment at the club. That's what makes us different. It's what Lyall keeps telling us makes us different. That we have a sense of ownership in this club. It was built on the back of community engagement.

FFS, if we can't tell them we aren't happy about this (and ponder the reasons behind the decision) then we are no different to shitney.

We all understand the business of football, hence Ono, Hersi, Mooy, Dino moving on. Is there an outcry over them? No, because we understand the reasoning behind those moves. But this one.......hmmm......

Note, on his personal fb page he clearly stated he was forced out to make room for a new signing. As I said....it better be a bloody good one.

End rant.

You can be disappointed as much as you like, as am I. At the end of the day there are much more intelligent people (ie. Ron Corry, Tony Popovic, Ante Millicic etc.) of whom had to make a decision that led to Jerrad Tyson being released. Time will tell if they are right or wrong. In terms of 'ownership', I don't believe that **** until I have a share certificate in my hand and even then I don't have power of day to day operations such as this decision, we would only have power to vote on certain matters that would be allowable in the constitution of the established entity to which none of us are currently members of. Of course Lyall would want you to feel like you 'own' the club - its a fantastic way of engaging the supporter and one that separates us from other A-League clubs due to the manner of how WSW was formed. 

In terms of you being happy about it or not, is a matter for yourself, it may not necessarily reflect the supporters at large just as much as my opinion does. But, sometimes clubs and administration have to make unfavourable decision for the belief of a better outcome, the release of Jerrad Tyson is a victim of such beliefs of management. But is it in the interests of yourself as a supporter to maintain a player who has done fantastically well in the community over another goalkeeper who may have better talents and suit the direction of the club - I know where my head lies on that issues - its a tough release but like I say, thats football and no player is above the importance of the club.

Don't get me wrong the guy is fantastic and devotes a lot of his time to the community and its effect has obviously left a mark and a status that a lot of players would do well do mimic in the slightest.

If I was a National Premier League club - I would sign him instantly and if I were him I would take that opportunity to put myself in the shop window

Edited by spectacular291

Speccy, yeah mate....I get why Lyal trots out the 'community ownership' mantra continuously. I also understand that much more intelligent people than I who watch the players day in, day out, make these decisions.

However......let's look at ownership for a minute.

I have ownership in this club. Emotional and financial. I have ridden the roller coaster, as many of us have, since day 1. Actually, before day 1. I have spent considerable amounts of money on merchandise, memberships, away trips, finals, acl, you name it (plus a crap load at the Woolie lol). Lost wages accounts for more again. Without mine, and yours, and every other members and supporters hard earned....this club goes no where. 

Without mine, yours and every other supporters emotional interest, this club means nothing. Zilch. Effing zero. Because if we weren't emotionally attached, and felt that sense of ownership, we wouldn't spend the money we do supporting the club. In essence, the brand would be worthless.

So, yeah, I don't need a share certificate to be an owner. I know your looking at it from a very pragmatic way. But mate, we are talking about sports, not financial figures, uni books, school exams or bloody a'hole clients. There is a lot of intangibles. 

And why do we buy into this club financially and emotionally. Because of the culture. What they represent. The ethos. The mantra they sell us.

Look, I get what they have done. I understand 'the business'. But there is supposed to be more to this club.

Anyway, what's done is done. I just think it's a bit of a **** go that a bloke who has performed so admirably (and reportedly was on peanuts) is released. As I said earlier, his replacement better be freakin awesome.  Then all will be forgiven  :good: It'll be a case of Jerrad who? Nah kidding.

On a side note. Watched the National production car champs 2 hour enduro (Corsa something) at Wakefield on the weekend. The Toyota 86 performed admirably.

Speccy, yeah mate....I get why Lyal trots out the 'community ownership' mantra continuously. I also understand that much more intelligent people than I who watch the players day in, day out, make these decisions.

However......let's look at ownership for a minute.

I have ownership in this club. Emotional and financial. I have ridden the roller coaster, as many of us have, since day 1. Actually, before day 1. I have spent considerable amounts of money on merchandise, memberships, away trips, finals, acl, you name it (plus a crap load at the Woolie lol). Lost wages accounts for more again. Without mine, and yours, and every other members and supporters hard earned....this club goes no where. 

Without mine, yours and every other supporters emotional interest, this club means nothing. Zilch. Effing zero. Because if we weren't emotionally attached, and felt that sense of ownership, we wouldn't spend the money we do supporting the club.

So, yeah, I don't need a share certificate to be an owner. I know your looking at it from a very pragmatic way. But mate, we are talking about sports, not financial figures, uni books, school exams or bloody a'hole clients. There is a lot of intangibles. 

And why do we buy into this club financially and emotionally. Because of the culture. What they represent. The ethos. The mantra they sell us.

Look, I get what they have done. I understand 'the business'. But there is supposed to be more to this club.

Anyway, what's done is done. I just think it's a bit of a **** go that a bloke who has performed so admirably (and reportedly was on peanuts) is released. As I said earlier, his replacement better be freakin awesome.  Then all will be forgiven  :good: It'll be a case of Jerrad who? Nah kidding.

On a side note. Watched the National production car champs 2 hour enduro (Corsa something) at Wakefield on the weekend. The Toyota 86 performed admirably.

I agree about the emotional and personal investment (not so financial as that relates to actual ownership) in to the club. It was built on values that we invested in to the club during its formation. But i think it will come down to the club thinking there is a better avenue. 

My personal opinion is that Jerrad and Popa didn't get along. Jerrad had issues when he first joined the club with Popa due to his pursuit of him (outside of Jerrad's control in my opinion) and Jerrad has stated that Mike Mulvey is still the best coach he has worked under. I just personally think there could be a personality issue between them that may have led to this along with a relative short supply of quality goalkeepers available. But like I said, my personal opinion from trying to read between the lines. 

Yeah, I had friends compete at Wakefield on the weekend and I saw your FB photos and it make me think of that. The prestige Auto Traders 86 came 4 outright for the weekend which is pretty impressive. It does all of its work through out the back of the track of course!

He has to be off to a #1 spot somewhere. He's the only goalkeeper in the ACL to have not ever conceded a goal!

You can understand him wanting a #1 spot, it's very hard in a 10-team league with a salary cap. There are (captain obvious) only 10 #1 spots available and most back-up jobs will likely go to younger guys who take a low hit to the salary cap - I did hear it was Perth some time ago but with Vuka supposedly coming back that might disappear.

Yeah, that's ridiculous and shouldn't happen.

heard that tyson is goin to be playing in the VPL until the A League season kicks off again, 

FORMER Sunshine Coast Fire goalkeeper Jerrad Tyson admits he may have to look to the National Premier League to extend his playing career after being dropped by Western Sydney.

The 24-year-old former Wanderers back-up said yesterday that he was in talks with state league clubs from Victoria and New South Wales and a return to Sunshine Coast was not on the cards.

http://www.coolum-news.com.au/news/cut-by-the-wanderers-tyson-rules-out-coast/2268788/