Golec Guns Down Guangzhou

I don't think I have ever been so impressed with each individual player as I was tonight. We literally did not have a guy out there who did not play well.

I was particularly impressed with Cole. Was so efficient with the ball, dribbled at the right time, shielded it well, played the ball wisely & moved for the return. Showed his class taking the set piece with both left & right foot depending on the situation. Defended well, continually pressing & tracking his man, making Alessi's life as easy as possible.

I thought Golec was fantastic down the left too. When he was announced as starting there, i thought we would see a solid, defensively orientated performance. But what we saw was a player eager to overlap his winger & provide the option. Did so well in these more forward positions that he managed to get the winner.

Was so much fun to be out there tonight, man I missed it.

As the second greatest football coach ever Sir Alex said - Football, bloody hell!

The last 15 minutes were a blur, I have no idea what happened, who, where, when, why. I just know that we pissed them off and we knocked them right off their ***** perch, as that same coach would have said. I'm the proudest muthafuka, I can't believe what this club is doing to me. Being an underdog and winning must be the sweetest thing ever.

If anyone has instagram it's probably a good idea to go onto Saba's page and file some of the comments under harassment.

It's honestly so disgusting what some Guangzhou supporters are writing.

Highly recommend people doing this report all those people!! Disgraceful!!

Ps add me on insta a__chahine 😀

Guest NSWanderer15

If anyone has instagram it's probably a good idea to go onto Saba's page and file some of the comments under harassment.

Vitor Saba has reached level: Troll for ever grande supporters, makes me laugh that one of them said they have their money when we don't. I am glad we earn the money the right way, while they earn the dirty laundry. Vitor will hopefully not let this get to him, I would show them the boot mark and laugh the abuse off. Keyboard Warriors they are.

Jessica, I extend to you the hand of friendship and invite you to the politics thread wherein we discuss the issue of free speech.

Yep I just wasted a good 30minutes and reported 50% of the comments made by the Chinese side, to be honest the WSW supporter comments have been just as bad... Think Saba has just turned into the most hated man in china tonight, expect to hear plenty of booing and possibly even a diss chant against him or WSW...
Guest mickisnot

**** them. They're ****s.

I have never ever been so proud to be a Wanderer fan, this has got to be the best home Wanderers game I've been to. Even better than the Hiroshima win.

Beating the AFC champs on our own soil and giving Lippi the s**ts, victory tastes so much better.

Sitting on Bay 7 (Western Grandstand, halfway line), RBB was really loud, especially last 10 minutes, the whole stadium fully got into it. Wanderland was the noisiest I've ever heard!!!

I had a mate that knew of a Guangzhou fan sitting in the south section, he was telling me the sponsors bought majority of their tickets (around 3000) and gave each fan a free jersey to go with their ticket.

WHAT IS THIS!?!?

RENT A FAN!?!?

With all the abuse on Saba's account.. the positive I can take from this is that we're now a team to be reckoned with in Asia. In our short 3 year career, we've bullied the Giants! haha.

Edited by wanderersfanatic

Jesus I've only just seen this now. What a brilliant win although even a draw would've sufficed as long as we didn't concede. All we need is one goal in Guangzhou and that's that. As for their two red cards, if you play dirty, expect the ref to stop you-simples. Yes La Rocca and Saba did make meals of it, but you don't go raising your hand (as one of my own Watford defenders found out over the weekend) and you don't put your foot down on a face. 

FWIW I don't think Gao Lin meant to do that and that a yellow would've sufficed. However if you watch plenty of football games, you'll always see players get into a situation where they need to watch their feet because they could stand on a player that they've just fouled, and they always carefully place their foot next to the nearest body part. If Gao Lin was stupid enough to not look down then he's an idiot. If he meant it then he's a **** who needs a boot to the face. 

And as someone else has said, there's no point in retaliating to the deluge of stupid (and racist) comments from the Evergrande supporters by being stupid and racist in retaliation. Just let it be