Squad Development S3 Part 2

4 players in 4 players out, endless amount of injury replacements and nick ward. what a poor state of affairs that's why we are last. tell me why bother having youth players. its a slap in the face. they should get out asap.

4 players in 4 players out, endless amount of injury replacements and nick ward. what a poor state of affairs that's why we are last. tell me why bother having youth players. its a slap in the face. they should get out asap.

I disagree with much of that, except Nick Ward.

4 players in 4 players out, endless amount of injury replacements and nick ward. what a poor state of affairs that's why we are last. tell me why bother having youth players. its a slap in the face. they should get out asap.

I disagree with much of that, except Nick Ward.
Don't forget the youth players are already signed & registered to the squad. It doesn't mean that we won't use the youth players, he is just been brought in as cover. Also doesn't mean he will slot straight into the first team squad either, chances are that he could just be warming the bench for us especially on the long away trips. Edited by Prydzopolis

4 players in 4 players out, endless amount of injury replacements and nick ward. what a poor state of affairs that's why we are last. tell me why bother having youth players. its a slap in the face. they should get out asap.

The youth players are already signed to the club, and can play if called up.

If we don't sign an injury replacement we simply have 22 (full contract) players who Popa can select for A-league games. Considering we'll be playing almost 2 games a week, every week, until the end of the season it doesn't hurt to have a full squad of players available. He may never get a run, but it's better to err on the side of caution and fill the spot if possible. He'd be on minimum wage, and signed for less than half a season, so about $20k. If he has to plug a gap and play a game here and there, it's money well spent.

If the youth player is better than Ward, he will get a spot over him. Popa has already played a bunch of youth players this season. If you're good enough, you're old enough.

If we don't sign an injury replacement we simply have 22 (full contract) players who Popa can select for A-league games. Considering we'll be playing almost 2 games a week, every week, until the end of the season it doesn't hurt to have a full squad of players available. He may never get a run, but it's better to err on the side of caution and fill the spot if possible. He'd be on minimum wage, and signed for less than half a season, so about $20k. If he has to plug a gap and play a game here and there, it's money well spent.

If the youth player is better than Ward, he will get a spot over him. Popa has already played a bunch of youth players this season. If you're good enough, you're old enough.

its nice to see a bit of common sense and reason return to this thread.

one balkanite beer voucher for you sir.

^^^^ remember those? YOU OWE ME BEER BALKANITE!!!! (I assume anyway)

Disappointing we lost, again 3 goals scored from sloppy defending especially the first one. 

Positives to take is that our mf and attack have improved. Guanzhau parked the bus whilst we attacked, reverse rolls from last ACL

Would love to see more of the kids thrown a game between now and the end of the season, especially in the A League which are now all dead rubber games for us anyway. Nothing to lose by seeing what they have and giving a bit of experience.

Edited by WSWBoro

My top 5 are Covic, Golec, Hamill, La Rocca & Juric.

You think people will be rushing to sign a 40 year old (admittedly often great) keeper? I guess on a one year deal it is worth their while.

The others make sense (although I think Juric still has Europe on his mind). Think we need to keep Hamill, despite a few average performances of late.

dont think its gol gol he never player and was out with an ACL not in the ACL lol. maybe poljak got the axe finally? he did get left out of the ACL squad for this yr

But Juric and Hamill are injury prone so that could also rule them out and a risk to any a-league club. But Arnie did say Juric would flourish under him. Anyone else of contract this season that could sign for another club? 

Players that we should secure for the 2 or more seasons, Rukavytsya, Bulut, Tanaka, Tagahaki, La Rocca and Hamill

Golec a maybe, he is an intelligent player and he aint affraid to shoot, he might lack pace but still we can replace him with someone faster and better.

La Rocca great as CM and Holding Midfield role and did a great job as a CB also not only that he has scored twice in one week sydney derby and ACL group stage match. 

Hamill has had a few shockers this season but which player does not go through this i still rate Hamill and his ability to play as RB and a CB is also good for us.

Would like for us to release, Cole and Poljak. Cole was great for us but he has fallen off, Poljak wasting a visa spot for a holding MF player when we can sign a more valuable player. 

Osama Malik is off contract should try and sign him

Edited by DrunkenWookie89

maybe poljak got the axe finally? he did get left out of the ACL squad for this yr

Players that we should secure for the 2 or more seasons, Rukavytsya, Bulut, Tanaka, Tagahaki, La Rocca and Hamill

Would like for us to release, Cole and Poljak. Cole was great for us but he has fallen off, Poljak wasting a visa spot for a holding MF player when we can sign a more valuable player.

:smurfpoint:

Disagree on Poljak, he's an integral part of our squad IMO. The only reason La Rocca is picked above him in ACL is his versatility. Poljak is the under appreciated work horse.

I don't think Ruka has earned a new contract either, unless he is on a significantly reduced wage. He's hardly lived up to the hype.

Anyone else of contract this season that could sign for another club?

Expiring End 2014/15

Ante Covic

Antony Golec

Brendan Hamill

Iacopo La Rocca (foreign)

Jason Trifiro

Jaushua Sotirio

Martin Lo

Nick Ward

Nikita Rukavytsya

Sam Gallaway

Tomi Juric