Another Insipid Performance At ANZ

Andrew Redmayne is finished. Not just with us but as a professional footballer. 

Guy is a fraud, he has stolen a living as a "goalkeeper" despite being completely unqualified to do so. He is the Donald Trump of goalkeepers.

We should go with Tyson and the youth keeper as backup. Even the threat of Redmayne is too costly now. Everywhere else on the park we have improved except him.

And as far as the kneeing incident, the fact that it was only a yellow shows how pathetic our refereeing ranks really are, gutless and spineless. A disgraceful decision.

Comes to sh*t goalkeeping coach.

I'd also like to weigh in to the WST vs RBB debate which was only touched on in here:

- I don't think anyone begrudges WST wanting to do there own thing

- Many of the issues between the two active groups still seem unexplained & the majority of the non-active fans would love just one voice than a split in two

- The biggest problem arising out of today's match day is that WST were so loud that those around them weren't able to participate in the WDYSF or stadium wide Dale

Lets get something straight here.

I don't believe there was a WDYSF. When the RBB do a WDYSF the WST stop singing so everyone can do this and where the RBB sing Dale then the WST try join in with the rest of the stadium.

To every mutt who left early: don't come back.

Can't blame them. The fans are making the effort but the players/management aren't.

being a fan right now is emotionally exhausting however you really dont need to put in that much effort to attend wanderers matches in general(minus people with children and active supporters)

Guy is a fraud, he has stolen a living as a "goalkeeper" despite being completely unqualified to do so. He is the Donald Trump of goalkeepers.

We should go with Tyson and the youth keeper as backup. Even the threat of Redmayne is too costly now. Everywhere else on the park we have improved except him.

And as far as the kneeing incident, the fact that it was only a yellow shows how pathetic our refereeing ranks really are, gutless and spineless. A disgraceful decision.

i hate our goalkeeping coach he is such a knob

I'd also like to weigh in to the WST vs RBB debate which was only touched on in here:

- Many of the issues between the two active groups still seem unexplained & the majority of the non-active fans would love just one voice than a split in two

- The biggest problem arising out of today's match day is that WST were so loud that those around them weren't able to participate in the WDYSF or stadium wide Dale

I don't believe there was a WDYSF. When the RBB do a WDYSF the WST stop singing so everyone can do this and where the RBB sing Dale then the WST try join in with the rest of the stadium.

i didnt hear a WDYSF

To every mutt who left early: don't come back.

Can't blame them. The fans are making the effort but the players/management aren't.

being a fan right now is emotionally exhausting however you really dont need to put in that much effort to attend wanderers matches in general(minus people with children and active supporters)

i hate our goalkeeping coach he is such a knob

i didnt hear a WDYSF

I think there was a WDYSF imminent..... then MV scored their 2nd just as the RBB were starting this and the life was sucked out of everything....certainly the players heads seem to drop and they lost any belief they had.  

Edited by WSWBoro

Can confirm. Boris was doing spirit fingers and got our attention for WDYSF but MVC scored a second goal which he pulled the plug on.

RBB did a good job and gave 100% IMO.

WST is a good addition to atmosphere. There were times they were really loud. Also like the fact they were giving the away fans ****.

I feel like how players got hard done by. If it was another day I reckon we should have scored at least one goal before half time and that would have changed the game. It has already been mentioned in the development thread. We are missing a first team keeper, a CB to replace Borda and a striker to replace bulut.

They either simply don't care or are worried they'll have another Cole and Covic moment.

The problem is there are too many new players at the club. Guys like Bridgey and Topor wouldn't be afraid to come over to the supporters and put up their hand and say we played ****. But a lot of these guys are new. Over time they will start to get it, but they will be probably be gone elsewhere by then.

The RBB can also be intimidating to confront, as well as some of our own supporters in general. So you have to give them a break. But I would like them to come over in a sincere way, put up their hands and say we are sorry for the result. Supporters don't have to lynch them. Just say "that's fine, we look forward to a better effort next time". Some of the players probably aren't up to first team football as well. But that is the responsibility of coaching staff who obviously keep picking them despite glaring weaknesses.  

This doom and gloom... Lets look at table shall we:

A-League
Standings

#
Team
GP
W
D
L
GF
GA
GD
PTS

Now from what I can see thanks to the A-league allowing 60% of its teams to go into the finals its not bad at the moment. Were 1 point behind Perth who are struggling without Rison, Taggart and Castro and were still struggling with them anyway we play them in two weeks and then 2 point ahead of 7th place Jets, Mariners and Nix who we play next. I consider the next 3 games critical for the rest of the season we have Nix and Roar away (Nix not in Wellington) and Perth at home. We need 7 points for the next 3 games I would say 5 wouldn't be too bad either. 

You know this could be part of Popa's master plan to be the first team in 5th or 6th to win the Finals   :cheeky:  :xbop:  :xbop:  :xnod:

Sorry I should have prefaced this by saying the third point was not mine.

I have seen a few posts on here, some people I've spoken with & some comments by some of our more reasonable or level headed supporters. These people were sitting almost in the middle if not closer to WST. It seems that we were lucky that all the red memberships have been given the good seats in the middle, whereas the black members have been given seats within the 20 yard box. We were just lucky enough to be the RBB side

Spotless >>>>> ANZ.

F*ck ANZ.

F*ck ANZ.

Can I hate both stadiums equally?

Yes facilities seem to be better & viewing angles better (not by much but yes top tier is ******* rubbish) however Spotless is better for me. I like that the RBB is closer to the field, with a roof above it & easier for the whole stadium to get involved. Throw in the fact that putting 15,000 into a 83,000 seat stadium is horrendous which seems to suck the atmosphere out of the crowd.

I have seen a few posts on here, some people I've spoken with & some comments by some of our more reasonable or level headed supporters. These people were sitting almost in the middle if not closer to WST. It seems that we were lucky that all the red memberships have been given the good seats in the middle, whereas the black members have been given seats within the 20 yard box. We were just lucky enough to be the RBB side

I am missing your point that you are 'lucky enough' to be the RBB side? Lucky enough for what?

Spotless >>>>> ANZ.

F*ck ANZ.

F*ck ANZ.

Can I hate both stadiums equally?

Yes facilities seem to be better & viewing angles better (not by much but yes top tier is ******* rubbish) however Spotless is better for me. I like that the RBB is closer to the field, with a roof above it & easier for the whole stadium to get involved. Throw in the fact that putting 15,000 into a 83,000 seat stadium is horrendous which seems to suck the atmosphere out of the crowd.

You sure can mate.  Free world and everyone's opinion is a valid one in my eyes.

My wife made me go as the kids wanted to give it another shot.  I was like a cat being put in the bath at the front door to be honest but she apologized on the way home given how awful and disconnected it is up there.  She's just miffed that we have so many awful game times and paid for a P1 park so we need to use it.  No need to go again thankfully to ANZ.  She agrees now.  We just didn't enjoy it one bit and I love my football but we all agree it's just completely ridiculous to have 16k in a 80k stadium where acoustics are already appalling.  My youngest is usually on his seat or singing along.  Just stuffed his face with **** and watched another young kid in front of him playing games on a phone most of the game.  Might as well have been at a shopping centre.  Same level of atmosphere.  Will watch on TV for ANZ games from now on.

Level 4 sucks massive balls.  We just moved along from our seats and was still utter tripe from a viewing perspective.  We could easily talk to each other without even shouting and we bookend the kids.  We can never do that at games.  Which is as it should be with wives... ;)    And that was with RBB going full tilt.  Just don't get how the club can't fit us all in the bottom bowl.  Think we'd actually manage to make a reasonable go of it.  Couldn't even tell the RBB were trying to raise the fans for a Dale up there and we're closer to RBB end.

And I couldn't really see what was going on.  No idea what the whole set to was about with Ingham and Aspro until I got home.  Was just blurry at that distance.

I'm not a big fan of the WST at spotless, partly due to the fact that we don't know their chants, and I like to sing along with the RBB. However at ANZ, it works. We can hardly hear the RBB so with an active group near the away fans, it created some atmosphere, which we wouldn't have gotten.

Speaking of WST chants.

During the Gosford away game they chanted 'please don't take me home' when the players game over after the game.

I had that in my head for a whole week humming that tune. lol.

I propose a ground share with CCM for the next few years lol Ok so a fair way from western Sydney, but easy transport on the train.... joking of course. 

Speaking of WST chants.

During the Gosford away game they chanted 'please don't take me home' when the players game over after the game.

I propose a ground share with CCM for the next few years lol Ok so a fair way from western Sydney, but easy transport on the train.... joking of course.
Fair point though. Best day of the season so far. Not just because of the result either. It's a real (albeit 3/4) football stadium. Edited by beatsurrender

I am missing your point that you are 'lucky enough' to be the RBB side? Lucky enough for what?

My point is that people find it hard to hear the RBB, but this is not a new problem. In fact I don't mind WST doing there thing but I don't think our football culture has got to the stage where it is normal for two sets of active support from the same club in the same stadium. Perth had it for a year before the numpties at the FFA saw to the end of that. At the end of the day WST are chanting & doing what they do for the boys on the field, many people would prefer to see WST/RBB together again but that isn't going to happen in the near future.

FYI, not having a dig at WST. I enjoy hearing the RBB, love the chants, love watching the stands getting involved & getting involved myself. It makes it difficult when not many know the chants & some don't even know they are chanting for WSW :lol: By being closer to the RBB you can actually hear them whereas if you are the opposite end it is hard at the southern send at Parramatta let alone like a soul sucking stadium like ANZ.

Speaking of WST chants.

I liked the chant simply because it mentioned drinking all the beer.

My point is that people find it hard to hear the RBB, but this is not a new problem. In fact I don't mind WST doing there thing but I don't think our football culture has got to the stage where it is normal for two sets of active support from the same club in the same stadium. Perth had it for a year before the numpties at the FFA saw to the end of that. At the end of the day WST are chanting & doing what they do for the boys on the field, many people would prefer to see WST/RBB together again but that isn't going to happen in the near future.

FYI, not having a dig at WST. I enjoy hearing the RBB, love the chants, love watching the stands getting involved & getting involved myself. It makes it difficult when not many know the chants & some don't even know they are chanting for WSW :lol: By being closer to the RBB you can actually hear them whereas if you are the opposite end it is hard at the southern send at Parramatta let alone like a soul sucking stadium like ANZ.

That's better, you got it all out.

Guess what? We all go for the same team! 'Those' who are confused and lost can sit next to the RBB during game day if they like, there are plenty of empty seats for all.

Speaking of WST chants.

How about moving all our Cental Coast & Newcastle home games to Gosford?

Even with a direct train from SOP still got home around 11ish about the same time it would take me to get home from Gosford :lol:

We play at a proper football stadium, actually enjoy our pre match ritual, stop giving money to SOP & help the Mariners out? Sounds good to me :woah:

Speaking of WST chants.

How about moving all our Cental Coast & Newcastle home games to Gosford?

Even with a direct train from SOP still got home around 11ish about the same time it would take me to get home from Gosford :lol:

We play at a proper football stadium, actually enjoy our pre match ritual, stop giving money to SOP & help the Mariners out? Sounds good to me :woah:

Maybe not as crazy as it sounds lol Seeing as we consider any game there a home game anyway......... can't see it flying though some how, I was joking with the suggestion really because I loved the experience up there at that ground the other week. But if someone said we would play our 'home' CCM game up at Gosford I would have no issues with that, or a Jets game.

Edited by WSWBoro

Boro :woah:wNlks0ID1igO4.gif

Guess what? We all go for the same team! 'Those' who are confused and lost can sit next to the RBB during game day if they like, there are plenty of empty seats for all.

If they can't tell with the red & black flags or with "West Sydney" in the chants then there is no chance :lol:

I know what you're saying about the empty seats next to the RBB, but it is generally the worst seats in the stadium. Perfect in reality but not in practice, especially those who have paid good money for red memberships :lol:

Speaking of WST chants.

Not much of a joke mate ......... Last week drove to Central coast and honestly I was home only 20 Minutes later than I did on Saturday night !! And yes, I drove to Lidcombe. FMD, lets make some of next years home matches at Belconnen as well, probably just as easy for some :xbop:

Boro :woah:

If they can't tell with the red & black flags or with "West Sydney" in the chants then there is no chance :lol:

I know what you're saying about the empty seats next to the RBB, but it is generally the worst seats in the stadium. Perfect in reality but not in practice, especially those who have paid good money for red memberships :lol:

The GA seats right near the divide between there and the more expensive side line seats and it wasn't too bad, close to the RBB to hear them well, view... well for ANZ not too bad I guess....you are right though, there is a reason everyone on the GA corner areas down the RBB end cram up against the sheeting at the sides because any further round to the RBB is progressively poor view wise.

Anyone watch shootout last night?

Just caught up watching it after I was out last night, Kossie was very critical of the way how Popa has setup the team.

His main criticism was Strikers are asking to defend, he said they shouldn't, they are the one player in the team that shouldn't be defending, they should stay up front and be left out of the defensive duties, he said if the other 7 or 8 players are smart enough, they should be able to defend comfortably.

So that makes it an interesting point about our number 9s and why we havent had any success with them in the past.