Another Insipid Performance At ANZ

Could it be Covic was moved on because Kalac was coming...

You would assume so. But that doesn't necessarily mean it was a bad idea at the time. Civic was, what, 40? He'd had a poor year. Corry is old too. It was a decision with the future in mind. At the moment it looks like a poor one, but all we know is that the goalkeeping options at the club are substandard. We don't know how much of that is caused by Kalac, how much is Popa, how much is Lederer/salary cap etc.

I said it since the start of this year but I think we need a change at the top. Popa, whilst he has been amazing for this club is holding us back at the moment. We need to spread our wings. He does too. He needs a new challenge and we need a new leader.

I read somewhere on this forum that you only change if there is somebody better that's available. Who do you suggest gets the job?

I said it since the start of this year but I think we need a change at the top. Popa, whilst he has been amazing for this club is holding us back at the moment. We need to spread our wings. He does too. He needs a new challenge and we need a new leader.

I read somewhere on this forum that you only change if there is somebody better that's available. Who do you suggest gets the job?

Fair point. The club hasn't been actively looking as far as we know, so it's all hypothetical.

There would/could be numerous options available depending on the direction we wanted. Doesn't have to be domestically either. Personally, wouldn't want someone like Rudan but would prefer someone similar to David Wagner at Huddersfield. A Kloppesque type of manager.

Phil Moss looking to get back into coaching apparently ;)

Oh dear... we'd be better off just having a forum poll to confirm tactics.

Interesting too, based on what Klopp was saying over the weekend about Neville and his comments as a TV commentator critising a coach, yet he was poor as a coach himself. Echoes of Moss there.

I think a few more are coming around to this kind of thought....

How hands-on is Popa with the team these days, or is Carrasco running the show?

The football being played is not bad, but we don't have the right players to execute it. A new 'keeper (that instils some confidence in the defence), a controlling CB (read "Spiranovic"), and someone who can stay onside AND score goals would turn this season around pdq.

Popovic has received big offers worth big $'s from overseas clubs but has not taken up any of them.Most of the decent coaches are already taken.Does the club have the finances to pay a high profile coach? Looking at our squad you would have to say no.Would a new coach then be as loyal as Popovic has been?

If the club was winning games instead of drawing them we would be near the top.It's the players we need to look at.They are the ones on the pitch.Spend some money on quality and KEEP them.Don't have a mass cleanout every season like we tend to do.That's the main problem.

How hands-on is Popa with the team these days, or is Carrasco running the show?

The football being played is not bad, but we don't have the right players to execute it. A new 'keeper (that instils some confidence in the defence), a controlling CB (read "Spiranovic"), and someone who can stay onside AND score goals would turn this season around pdq.

Would be interesting if we had better players out wide and a decent 'keeper. Apart from that, and maybe Spira, we're a better side on paper than the year we won the ACL.

Phil Moss looking to get back into coaching apparently ;)

Oh dear... we'd be better off just having a forum poll to confirm tactics.

Interesting too, based on what Klopp was saying over the weekend about Neville and his comments as a TV commentator critising a coach, yet he was poor as a coach himself. Echoes of Moss there.

Scott+Neville+Wr0l1tSg0KOm.jpg

Our problems won't go away this season. Some band-aid repairs in January might lock us into the top six but we are not on the same level as ESFC,city or Victory. Those teams all have players on the bench who could walk into our starting 11.

We lack depth and we are a marquee short,this is poor from Popa and club management. We never replaced Dario, Bridge and went backwards on Alberto and Andreu replacements. In Bulut we got a cheaper Pio. The NTS situation was poorly handled too.

We could play a different style, or a different shapes, but as of now it's clear we lack the squad to compete in the A league this season.

Calling out the salary cap is a weak excuse when we actually have space in our roster and in the cap.

Our problems won't go away this season. Some band-aid repairs in January might lock us into the top six but we are not on the same level as ESFC,city or Victory. Those teams all have players on the bench who could walk into our starting 11.

We lack depth and we are a marquee short,this is poor from Popa and club management. We never replaced Dario, Bridge and went backwards on Alberto and Andreu replacements. In Bulut we got a cheaper Pio. The NTS situation was poorly handled too.

We could play a different style, or a different shapes, but as of now it's clear we lack the squad to compete in the A league this season.

Calling out the salary cap is a weak excuse when we actually have space in our roster and in the cap.

Dario, Bridge, and NTS (not the one from early this year - he was dogshit - the one from previous seasons) and things would look a lot different.

I think Dario and Bridge not being there has hurt the most.

Rofl Dario bridge did f/a Nts was the shiz,

The only player we go wanting for is Shinji but can Martinez kick a free kick cause dimas won't let him

In there, somewhere, you make a valid point. Nico looked like he wanted to take corners but Dimas pulled rank. Surely, it's time for Popa to let Nico hit a few.

Never returning to ANZ, even if we had won I still think I'd have left the ground feeling like my soul was just sucked out of me.

Redmayne royally butchered that save and cost us a goal, but yet no one ever mentions the saves he does make: 

Clisby is my new love, consistently plays well week in, week out along with St. Neville.

We should buy Nico.

Nicholas is still a bit lost, why won't he shoot *****?

Jumpei provided zero width and looked extremely lazy.

Where is Shannon Cole?

inb4wefinish6thandwinthegf

Nothing wrong with the brand of football we play.

But we have two B-grade goalkeepers competing for the A-grade spot, a 19 yo who turned out to be the most reliable of our CBs, and a 34 yo super sub who scored 5 or our 13 goals.

That's the problem.

Bridge and Dario lol bridge ten goals on fire quarter of the season scores ten goals really quickly then turns into josh sotiro, and unfit Dario how am I on crack, we got beaten by a team coming last in the final, isn't ****in Disney

Face facts we haven't dominated the a league since we pissed off polenz Shinji hersi

And if popa doesn't pull his head out we're ****ed and we won't sack him cause you dumbass Westies are to ******* loyal

Ffs Martinez for set pieces dimas is ****

No more derby 🎠and victard losses please they hurt the most

Edited by JayZko

We don't need winger replacements. We already have one but he isn't on the bench. Popa its time to release the Cole Train

If he is right he needs 10 mins from the bench to get him going, even then you wouldn't see a full 90 from him until late Feb, been out for so ******* long. Popa protecting him and nurturing him for the ACL I suspect.

We don't need winger replacements. We already have one but he isn't on the bench. Popa its time to release the Cole Train

If he is right he needs 10 mins from the bench to get him going, even then you wouldn't see a full 90 from him until late Feb, been out for so ******* long. Popa protecting him and nurturing him for the ACL I suspect.

Oh I definitely wouldn't start him considering he hasn't really played in a while. But I would have a lot more confidence with Cole coming on than Sotirio

Bridge and Dario lol bridge ten goals on fire quarter of the season scores ten goals really quickly then turns into josh sotiro, and unfit Dario how am I on crack, we got beaten by a team coming last in the final, isn't ****in Disney

Face facts we haven't dominated the a league since we pissed off polenz Shinji hersi

And if popa doesn't pull his head out we're ****ed and we won't sack him cause you dumbass Westies are to ******* loyal

Ffs Martinez for set pieces dimas is ****

No more derby and victard losses please they hurt the most

I didn't realise being loyal is a negative thing. Especially for a manager who got us to a few grand finals. Won us a premiers plate and the ACL.

Please explain this "we got beaten by a team coming last in the final"

Does this make any sense to you? lol

Yes it does deeply Adelaide utd had no right of catching up to us no right...

This is how I state my case.. right if you were the only a league team in an area that is full of ethnics from every football culture on earth the kit could be pink with poker dots and a pride logo on it and still sell out

Success isn't popa success is western Sydney the Asian teams couldn't deal with Aussie defence, which no team ever defended in the ACL like us apart from Adelaide utd.. second of all Piretek in full flight just the rbb alone would scare any team

Oh I definitely wouldn't start him considering he hasn't really played in a while. But I would have a lot more confidence with Cole coming on than Sotirio

I'd have a lot more confidence in tumble weed blowing across the cavernous ANZ and rolling a ball in to a net with a world class keeper between the sticks than Sotirio making a decent contribution.