Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

Woah it's steep, never really got a sense of it till now. It's even tempting to go to upper RBB, though I know it won't be the same as being in the mix.

I wonder, are RBB season passes gonna have a specific seat on? I hope not.  I know it won't matter down below, but it might for those up top. I hope all those considered "active" realise that there are no seats, whether up top or down below. When I eventually retire from the standing section one day I don't want to end up a zillion miles from things just because some knobs think Active should have specific seats.

5 hours ago, MajorMelons said:

According the the SMH, the Eels are the ‘anchor tenant’, how so? Are they playing more games there then us? Or does the NRL journo have no clue? 

The Wanderers haven't yet committed to the Stadium as yet. The only tenants locked in are Parra Wests Warathas.

The parramatta club through thorough negotiations saved 1 million dollars a year off the initial quote put forward by the stadium's owners.

Edited by Chief
11 minutes ago, MajorMelons said:

So once we sign we will be the anchor tenants again, based on number of games played at parra?

Or are the Eels planning to forego Homebush and play all home games at parra? 

Parramatta will not be playing any home games at anz once the stadium is open on the easter Monday. The wanderers and Parra will always be the anchor tenants. 

We also take one home game to Darwin for a million dollars per year.

11 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Woah it's steep, never really got a sense of it till now. It's even tempting to go to upper RBB, though I know it won't be the same as being in the mix.

I wonder, are RBB season passes gonna have a specific seat on? I hope not.  I know it won't matter down below, but it might for those up top. I hope all those considered "active" realise that there are no seats, whether up top or down below. When I eventually retire from the standing section one day I don't want to end up a zillion miles from things just because some knobs think Active should have specific seats.

Allocated bays.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/expansion-clubs-to-be-left-out-of-next-year-s-ffa-cup-20181206-p50kka.html

A safe standing area for 1200 members and the club to install a capo stand, according to this SMH article.

Expansion clubs to be left out of next year's FFA Cup

With the A-League facing a race against the clock to get two new teams up and running by the start of next season, Football Federation Australia have decided to leave them out of the 2019 FFA Cup draw.

Fairfax Media understands the two successful expansion bids, which could be announced next week, will not be required to compete in the FFA Cup due to a lack of preparation time caused by the delays in the process.

Standing room only

Sticking with the Wanderers, their active supporters are set to be rewarded with a major safe standing section at the new Bankwest Stadium.

The Herald understands 1,200 capacity safe-standing area will be constructed into the new arena once the formality of a safety approval is gained.

The section is equivalent to more than half of the previous seated section of the old north end at the old Parramatta Stadium and will include the German-style bolt secured safe-standing seats.

The club will also construct a large box for their active supporter group's leaders to assist in choreography.

It's pretty clear we don't have enough history to have stands named after people, except maybe Popa.  But it could be just great Socceroos from Western Sydney. Or they could leave it and name them differently for each sport. Are we really saying that in 2019 the stand names can't be changed electronically?

4 hours ago, Chief said:

Screenshot-2018-12-09-09-17-19.png

PARRAMATTA - The tradition continues!  BOOM !

No Popovic stand

No Bable stand

Go Parra !!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

A rose by any other name smells just as sweet....so they say.

Didn't matter what they were called before....won't matter in the future.  :db:

4 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

No big deal.

The Wanderers will show them the respect they deserve by just covering the signs up when we play there, like we did at the old stadium.

This!  :xnod:

• mack locked this topic