Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

Alright so new discussions. Despite the new Bankwest stadium the truth is it will never be our true home stadium, even the previous Parramatta stadium was not a true home stadium to anyone not even the Eels because they never owned it.

Should the club begin plans long term to build a stadium of its own? Long term can be in the realm of 15-30 years (i'm realistic) or is something we should first wait until we have A-league independence and transfer systems in place so that the owners have more incentive to invest?

If I were in charge it's something I'd already have been planning. Maybe even trying to determine where and buying parcels of land in Horsley Park, Mount Vernon, Kemps Creek or Smithfield along the T-Way, maybe out where Wet N Wild is, or see if you can get the rest of the land where the training facility is and start planning a licensed club & stadium area.

There was a small chance that we could have got the Fairfield Showground precinct, but that never went very far after the club went to Blacktown for the training facilities and now it's being turned into a weird AFL oval thing.

BWS_eDMHeader.jpg

BWS_OpenDay_eDMHero_600x300.jpg

It's almost time for Bankwest Stadium to open the doors to the community for the first time at our Open Day this coming Sunday the 14th. We've prepared some important information to ensure you have an enjoyable day. 

* Please ensure your ezy tickets are printed for entry into Bankwest Stadium

Club legends, mascots and players from the Parramatta Eels, Western Sydney Wanderers, Wests Tigers and NSW Waratahs will all be part of the Open Day as Members and fans see the Stadium for the first time.

A host of sponsor and media activations, plus kids’ activities, will also be operating outside the Stadium, bringing the Bankwest Stadium precinct alive.

Inside the Stadium, ticket-holders will be able to loop around the Level 1 Concourse, find your seats for upcoming events, experience the steep grandstands and other unique design aspects of Bankwest Stadium.

You will also be able to explore NSW’s first Field Club in a rectangular stadium, see the warm-up rooms, and get side-of-field to experience what it’s like to be at pitch level.

Icon_Transport.png

Tickets to the Bankwest Stadium Community Open day will include travel to and from Parramatta on all public transport.

Bankwest Stadium, located on O’Connell Street, Parramatta, is well serviced by regular bus, train and ferry services. It is a short walk from the Parramatta CBD and 10 minutes from Parramatta Station

Edited by WHACKO
22 minutes ago, mack said:

If I were in charge it's something I'd already have been planning. Maybe even trying to determine where and buying parcels of land in Horsley Park, Mount Vernon, Kemps Creek or Smithfield along the T-Way, maybe out where Wet N Wild is, or see if you can get the rest of the land where the training facility is and start planning a licensed club & stadium area.

There was a small chance that we could have got the Fairfield Showground precinct, but that never went very far after the club went to Blacktown for the training facilities and now it's being turned into a weird AFL oval thing.

Fairfield showground would have been a great location for our own stadium, i could just imagine the march from stockies to the showground loll

2 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Alright so new discussions. Despite the new Bankwest stadium the truth is it will never be our true home stadium, even the previous Parramatta stadium was not a true home stadium to anyone not even the Eels because they never owned it.

Should the club begin plans long term to build a stadium of its own? Long term can be in the realm of 15-30 years (i'm realistic) or is something we should first wait until we have A-league independence and transfer systems in place so that the owners have more incentive to invest?

I understand where you are coming from but disagree with Parra not being "home" and I doubt the club will ever own it's own stadium  They won't spend the money and will rely on govt to fund it,if at all. We didn't spend on two marquees this season.......so money for a stadium.....nah. 

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Maybe Tsatsimas should  focus on poor team performance over the last 3 seasons wth the smurfs on 55 wins and  22 for us . If we had been any good this season we would have a bankwest game next month . 

Personally I don’t give a **** if the smurfs play finals at parra but I do care about how  easily they  have beaten us for years now .One win in 16 is a ******* disgrace Tsatsimas .

17 minutes ago, sonar said:

I understand where you are coming from but disagree with Parra not being "home" and I doubt the club will ever own it's own stadium  They won't spend the money and will rely on govt to fund it,if at all. We didn't spend on two marquees this season.......so money for a stadium.....nah. 

True but I would compare our current situation with renting and owning a house. So while you may live in the place any modification or changes are subject to your landlord, so while its home its not really home because we have to go by the rules of the landlord.

Wouldn't you want the club to have direct input to security in stadiums, have some control over the policing in stadiums because the club actually has full control of the stadium. More importantly any "profits" the club only gets a small share of the revenue if any at all. I understand the reality of maintaining a stadium is expensive but imagine how much different football would be if the club had direct control of all the stadiums usage and functions.

So while I rejoice in Bankwest stadium the reality is certain issues such as the hypothetical Sydney FC hosting a final will always pop up because we do not own the stadium

Agree with Sith.. The game day experience would be much better with the club running the show not to mention making money off renting it out if we liked.. If we have invested in a new academy / training facility and new HQ then a stadium should been on the horizon somewhere

If i was Lederer i would want to leave my mark forever on the club (plus his not getting any younger and his got the money), i would buy out the other co-owners if they don't want to jump on board then build the first HAL club owned stadium in Australia.. Name it Lederer Stadium (More in favour of the **** off ESFC Stadium name) lol you would be remembered forever in Australian football especially with WSW fans

11 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

True but I would compare our current situation with renting and owning a house. So while you may live in the place any modification or changes are subject to your landlord, so while its home its not really home because we have to go by the rules of the landlord.

Wouldn't you want the club to have direct input to security in stadiums, have some control over the policing in stadiums because the club actually has full control of the stadium. More importantly any "profits" the club only gets a small share of the revenue if any at all. I understand the reality of maintaining a stadium is expensive but imagine how much different football would be if the club had direct control of all the stadiums usage and functions.

So while I rejoice in Bankwest stadium the reality is certain issues such as the hypothetical Sydney FC hosting a final will always pop up because we do not own the stadium

As I said I don't disagree with what you're saying or the sentiment but the fact remains that the club owners as far as I am aware will not stump up the cash for

1) buying land

2) building a new stadium

3) the ongoing costs of owning and maintaining their own ground.

We are at Parra for a decade at least. Unless we are bought out by a multi-billionaire who doesn't mind waving some hard earned around then we will still be in this situation for longer than a decade methinks....regardless of what happens on the field.

Edited by sonar

I think the club even if they wanted to build a stadium themselves, would wait and see how the Western United stadium (if it ever happens) goes. They'd also, assuming they were making enough money at Parramatta, would not be likely to move for at least 20 years.

The planning could still take place. Lederer has said for a while he's wanted to start a licensed club, and part of the future stadium project plan would be to identify an area where they could build a club and eventually a stadium (or perhaps, start with a small NYL/NPL/WL level ground alongside).

Jeez, haven't moved in to this stadium yet and already whinging about wanting the next stadium in 30 odd years :D. I would love a club owned stadium one day though, has to be the ultimate very long goal.

Mack, start a club owned stadium thread and let run for 30 years. I will be as old as Ed before the first foundation dug.

Edited by Smoggy
10 minutes ago, mack said:

I think the club even if they wanted to build a stadium themselves, would wait and see how the Western United stadium (if it ever happens) goes. They'd also, assuming they were making enough money at Parramatta, would not be likely to move for at least 20 years.

The planning could still take place. Lederer has said for a while he's wanted to start a licensed club, and part of the future stadium project plan would be to identify an area where they could build a club and eventually a stadium (or perhaps, start with a small NYL/NPL/WL level ground alongside).

Thanks mack....I didn;t know this.....but as you said at least 20 years away. 

9 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Jeez, haven't moved in to this stadium yet and already whinging about wanting the next stadium in 30 odd years :D. I would love a club owned stadium one day though, has to be the ultimate very long goal.

Mack, start a club owned stadium thread and let run for 30 years. I will be as old as Ed before the first foundation dug.

We're bored.....lol Can't talk about how fantastic we are on the field so may as well talk shyte about stuff off it....lol

7 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Go restart the pun thread if your bored....not that bored yet?

I'm saving the puns up for the off season.....lol...just to have a break from all the squad speculation and random supposed superstars coming our way in the off season.....lol

5 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

I don’t think it’s as simple as that. Simple security staff would be under the clubs control but technically a match day is still a public event so the police would have justification to be there as they see fit. 

14 hours ago, mack said:

Something like Marconi then as next step? (Not that I have been there, just going off what I have seen on TV)

2 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

Something like Marconi then as next step? (Not that I have been there, just going off what I have seen on TV)

hell yeah. build it all out at rooty hill over looking the w-league / y-league / NPL pitch and the academy as well, sneakily absorb spartans as well, no one will notice.

Interesting, i've heard JT mention a League's Club type setup at Rooty Hill but it's kinda out of the way.

There's a cricket oval behind our new stadium that'd be perfect, we could have a club there and stop WSW fans putting money into the Eels League's Club on gameday.

Under FIFA regulations, the length must be a minimum of 100m and maximum of 110m, and the width a minimum 64m and maximum 75m.

Within those dimensions it’s open, so long as it complies with Bankwest Stadium’s safety regulations stipulating front-row seats are a minimum of five metres from the sideline, and seven metres on the broadcast side.

Fence to fence the space is 131m long and 81m across.

So based on the "safety" regulations the pitch has to be at least 12m narrower than the fences sideline to sideline. That means the width range is only 64-69m and the average distance from the side fence to the sideline would be between 6m and 8.5m. For the length the minimum distance from the fence doesn't matter because the longest allowable pitch wouldn't conflict with it. If it's 110m long the goal lines will be 10.5m from the fences, if it's 100m they'll be 15.5m from the fences.

All the pictures look awesome and we're close to the pitch, but when you look at the numbers I thought we'd be closer than that.

• mack locked this topic