What Really Grinds My Gears 5

31 minutes ago, JayZko said:

What really grinds my gears is fifa 18 I mean what’s with the future fees and the buy out clauses and did I really have to shake wengers hand don’t know were it’s been 

Trying to make it more realistic :lol: 

Do you have to do that stuff? Compulsory or optional? They’ve needed to revamp career mode (let’s be honest, EA don’t make a cent from it, it’s all FUT)

Let’s be happy they did something...

I setup an old tv for my sister with her foxtel & chromecast, but nothing seemed to be working apart from the tv settings & menu. Changed cables, checked settings, factory reset, eventually we got foxtel connected with the old style 3 plug connector, checked & changed some settings, and eventually figured out that it appears 3 of the 4 HDMI ports are broken and show 'no signal' no matter what is plugged in. And when the Chromecast is plugged in, it flickers stupidly.

Since it's a "smart" TV, I will probably be able to setup netflix on it which will sort out most of the problems from the chromecast (as it won't be required as much) and be good.

But still, 3 ports broken ffs, tv isn't even 2 years old.

6 hours ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

the FFA really grinds my ******* gears. was hoping for a nice away trip to wellington, but nooooo - those ****s are looking at moving it to canberra.

if they want games at canberra - GIVE CANBERRA UNITED AN A-LEAGUE LICENSE FFS

Meh, I wouldn't mind a Canberra road trip. A lot easier and more affordable than windy Wellington. 

Yeah I know the Yellow Fever are great bantz etc etc

40 minutes ago, mack said:

It stinks but most elec products of today have Inbuilt or planned obselesence......http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20160612-heres-the-truth-about-the-planned-obsolescence-of-tech

Edited by sonar
58 minutes ago, mack said:

I setup an old tv for my sister with her foxtel & chromecast, but nothing seemed to be working apart from the tv settings & menu. Changed cables, checked settings, factory reset, eventually we got foxtel connected with the old style 3 plug connector, checked & changed some settings, and eventually figured out that it appears 3 of the 4 HDMI ports are broken and show 'no signal' no matter what is plugged in. And when the Chromecast is plugged in, it flickers stupidly.

Since it's a "smart" TV, I will probably be able to setup netflix on it which will sort out most of the problems from the chromecast (as it won't be required as much) and be good.

1 hour ago, Burgerman said:

Getting super sick for the long weekend, no season launch for me today, will be in bed all weekend ffs all plans off the table now :nono:

Rest up...with plenty of water and OJ (assuming it's a cold/flu that is) and hopefully you can be back on deck in a day or so!

:grouphug:

On 28/09/2017 at 9:18 AM, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

the FFA really grinds my ******* gears. was hoping for a nice away trip to wellington, but nooooo - those ****s are looking at moving it to canberra.

if they want games at canberra - GIVE CANBERRA UNITED AN A-LEAGUE LICENSE FFS

What pisses me off is they schedule the game while I'm ****en overseas as well! God Damn it I've been looking forward to Canberra getting overrun by us for a while 

There is a lot of unnecessary dying going on both in the USA and Australia. 

I just read a few interesting stats regarding the USA

• In 2016, approximately 64,000 died of a drug overdose https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates
  • In 2016, about 40,000 died in traffic accidents http://fortune.com/2017/02/15/traffic-deadliest-year/
  • Since 1968 there have been 1,516,863 gun-related deaths on US territory. Since the founding of the United States, there have been 1,396,733 war deaths. That figure includes American lives lost in the revolutionary war, the Mexican war, the civil war (Union and Confederate, estimate), the Spanish-American war, the first world war, the second world war, the Korean war, the Vietnam war, the Gulf war, the Afghanistan war, the Iraq war, as well as other conflicts, including in Lebanon, Grenada, Panama, Somalia and Haiti.
  • of the approximately 33,000 gun violence deaths that take place each year, only about 500 (or 1.5%) come from mass shootings. Two-thirds of gun violence deaths are from suicide
  • more than 70,000 people are injured by guns each year

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/05/us-gun-violence-charts-data

In other words, in the USA, every day, 375 people die either on the road, because of a gun, or because of a drug overdose.

In Australia we have about

That'll be about 9 deaths each and every day of the year, give or take.

The population of the USA is 323 million, that of Australia 24 million. That'll be about 13 times more yanks than aussies. 13 x 9 = 117 death per day. Which would mean that in the USA 3-4 times more people die on the road, because of guns, and drug overdoses than in Australia, if I got the maths right.

11 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

WARNING!!!!  RIP OFF!!!!

$2 Pikelets at Hungry Jacks , not much bigger than a 50c piece FFS!!!!  :xmad:

shouldve stuck to the pancakes.... :nono:

There is this new dessert place in Parra called Bay Vista desserts, it is at the base of that new tall tower near the river - http://www.bayvista.com.au/

Took my son there around his birthday and the portions are MASSIVE, American style portions, and a few American sized proportioned arses as well looking around the room,.

I got the pancakes and fruit and I couldn't eat it all and I eat lots. I am not a massive fan of the place, but plenty are.

On 06/10/2017 at 12:18 PM, FCB said:

There is a lot of unnecessary dying going on both in the USA and Australia. 

I just read a few interesting stats regarding the USA

• In 2016, approximately 64,000 died of a drug overdose https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates
  • In 2016, about 40,000 died in traffic accidents http://fortune.com/2017/02/15/traffic-deadliest-year/
  • Since 1968 there have been 1,516,863 gun-related deaths on US territory. Since the founding of the United States, there have been 1,396,733 war deaths. That figure includes American lives lost in the revolutionary war, the Mexican war, the civil war (Union and Confederate, estimate), the Spanish-American war, the first world war, the second world war, the Korean war, the Vietnam war, the Gulf war, the Afghanistan war, the Iraq war, as well as other conflicts, including in Lebanon, Grenada, Panama, Somalia and Haiti.
  • of the approximately 33,000 gun violence deaths that take place each year, only about 500 (or 1.5%) come from mass shootings. Two-thirds of gun violence deaths are from suicide
  • more than 70,000 people are injured by guns each year

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/05/us-gun-violence-charts-data

In other words, in the USA, every day, 375 people die either on the road, because of a gun, or because of a drug overdose.

In Australia we have about

That'll be about 9 deaths each and every day of the year, give or take.

The population of the USA is 323 million, that of Australia 24 million. That'll be about 13 times more yanks than aussies. 13 x 9 = 117 death per day. Which would mean that in the USA 3-4 times more people die on the road, because of guns, and drug overdoses than in Australia, if I got the maths right.

Take out the suicide numbers and the comparison really loses it’s splash.