Off Topic Thread 4

mack

1 minute ago, sonar said:

$0.

:D

Either I do it my self or my younger sis does it for me.  No.1 cut on the clippers......helps when you're hair has basically done a runner though.

:D

I'm the opposite, I have to have the thinning out sissors run over. Comes from the irish genetics on my mums side I think...

A dodgy hair chop really shows up bad..

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

I'm the opposite, I have to have the thinning out sissors run over. Comes from the irish genetics on my mums side I think...

A dodgy hair chop really shows up bad..

Grow it long and luxuriant, and wear it in a tony tail or up in a man bun if you want it out of the way!!  :xnod:

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Grow it long and luxuriant, and wear it in a tony tail or up in a man bun if you want it out of the way!!  :xnod:

My hair is currently mid way to being long, but half an inch trimmed off today. I have had the hair down to the shoulders thing before.

Edited by Smoggy
5 hours ago, Smoggy said:

How much do you guys pay for a hair chop?

Going to bet that this is anywhere from - zero as do it myself from home,  to above $50.

I go just a few time a years to a place in the city for a proper wet shave and hair chop..it cost a bit but theu do an awesome job, especially for a hairy bastard such as myself. Blunt the razors and scissors with my stubble and hair.

Always on the look out for somewhere decent at a good price though.

$20 at Lennox shops. But they'll probably charge you more because they'll need a ladder.

5 hours ago, Smoggy said:

How much do you guys pay for a hair chop?

Going to bet that this is anywhere from - zero as do it myself from home,  to above $50.

I go just a few time a years to a place in the city for a proper wet shave and hair chop..it cost a bit but theu do an awesome job, especially for a hairy bastard such as myself. Blunt the razors and scissors with my stubble and hair.

Always on the look out for somewhere decent at a good price though.

I pay $17.00 (Originally, it was $15.00 but the guy put it up due to COVID and less hours of work). 

A friend of mine said his brother-in-law pays $45/$50. He lives in Balmoral and the barber sells bottled beer as well. I'm assuming at that price, it covers the beers since the beers are free there. Drink up and get a haircut (just make sure no hair falls into your beer). 

12 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

$20 at Lennox shops. But they'll probably charge you more because they'll need a ladder.

Ha! I have been told to slide down the  barber chair a good few times lol The seat certainly never pumped up.

Memories of going to the barbers as a kid with my old man there. Real old looking place. I had to climb up on the seat and sit on a wooden plank placed across the arm rests.

All the fellas smoking while waiting. Yellow stained walls and ceiling. Old football photos on the walls and all sports talk. Deff no hygiene worries lol.

Edited by Smoggy

"Memories of going to the barbers as a kid with my old man there. Real old looking place. I had to climb up on the seat and sit on a wooden plank placed across the arm rests.

All the fellas smoking while waiting. Yellow stained walls and ceiling. Old football photos on the walls and all sports talk. Deff no hygiene worries lol."

Ha Ha exactly the same as my memory, the old "something for the weekend sir?" kind of place.

Remember my mate getting a thick ear off the barber, he walked in and said "i'll have a sloping front fringe, uneven round the back and take a chunk out of my ear so blood drips on my new shirt and spoils it"

the barber looked at him and said "i can't do that sunshine" to which my mate replied " why not you f****g did it last time" and instantly got a smack round the side of the head off the barber, all the old guys smoking the their players and woodbines chuckling "good enough for the cheeky bugger, bloody kids these days!"

4 minutes ago, CaptainJess said:

Men have it so easy, I wish I could pay $50 for my hair. 

I'm up for at least $150-200 for my hair every two months. Colour/bleach, wash, cut and blow-dry. 

Even for a basic cut, wash and blow-dry, you're still up for $50-70 bucks. 

But why pay anyone to do all that?

I wash my own hair. The colour is what I was born with or aged with. It dries naturally. 

Why do hair salons even exist?

1 hour ago, pseudonym said:

For women where i grew up deffinately, its where all the gossip would happen under the hair-dryers while getting your blue rinse lol

I like a trip to the barbers, not to have a chat, because I am an anti social bastard as you know. I like to go get a hair wash, a good trim and sometimes (not too often) a wet shave because you walk out feeling a bit better, rejuvenated...i do anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Our records indicate a recent WestConnex M5 trip on your account.

If you have time, we'd really appreciate your feedback on the on-road experience of this trip.

Your feedback is always important to let us know how we’re doing and how we can continue to improve your experience.

If someone else was driving on your account at the time, you can still complete the survey thinking about a recent experience of your own.

Based on your recent trip, how likely are you to recommend WestConnex M5 to friends or family?

WTF

The world is mad. It's a ******* road. What am I going to say? What is going to improve my experience of it that they have any control over?

3 hours ago, marron said:

WTF

The world is mad. It's a ******* road. What am I going to say? What is going to improve my experience of it that they have any control over?

The speed limit is too low.

Too many other vehicles getting in your way.

It costs too much.

The colour of the road surface isn't good enough,  I suggest alternate red and black every 2 metres.

As an educated man I'm sure you could find more to say if you applied yourself. 

would anyone know how to put together a simple slideshow for a youtube video? for some reason my father wants me to put together a slideshow of old ambulances and put it on youtube and i am not sure where to start, i assume its not going to be too difficult but i dont know

2 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

would anyone know how to put together a simple slideshow for a youtube video? for some reason my father wants me to put together a slideshow of old ambulances and put it on youtube and i am not sure where to start, i assume its not going to be too difficult but i dont know

Is Windows Movie Maker still a thing? That's probably how

2 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

https://onlineconvertfree.com/convert-format/jpg-to-mp4/

I sympathize with Osaka but at the same time it's hard not to think, ****, I wish I could note which parts of my job caused my depression and just not do them (or more to the point, then do them on the side for my own commercial gain).

1 hour ago, marron said:

I sympathize with Osaka but at the same time it's hard not to think, ****, I wish I could note which parts of my job caused my depression and just not do them (or more to the point, then do them on the side for my own commercial gain).

I had a teacher at high school, old fella, that just hated being around kids :D Maybe he didn't start out like that, maybe years of being ridiculed by kids dragged him down, schools around Middlesbrough are brutal places after all, nothing like the schools in Sydney.

I don't see why any sportsman or sportswoman (or coach/manager) should be compelled to attend a news conference pre or post match. 

And when they do attend they can't or won't say what they think/believe because they will get fined.

So refuse to attend,  get fined.

Or attend, answer openly and honestly, get fined.

Or attend, avoid actually answering the questions, make the coached PR non answers instead and the news conference is a total waste of time.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic