Australian National Teams Thread 4 + Asian Cup 2019

28 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Hahaha jokes aside Antonis has more versatility in midfield can put as a screen or play maker, and arguably most in form Aussie midfeilder over Kilkenny, Troisi and the Smurf duo

So who would Melb Vic miss most

Troisi (on big money) or Antonis?

Asian Cup Squad

Goalkeepers: Mitch Langerak, Mat Ryan, Danny Vukovic

Defence: Mark Milligan (c), Aziz Behich, Milos Degenek, Alex Gersbach, Rhyan Grant, Matt Jurman, Josh Risdon, Trent Sainsbury

Midfield: Mustafa Amini, Jackson Irvine, Massimo Luongo, Aaron Mooy, Tom Rogic

Attack: Martin Boyle, Chris Ikonomidis, Robbie Kruse, Mathew Leckie, Awer Mabil, Jamie Maclaren, Andrew Nabbout

1 hour ago, tardotz said:

Bit of a surprise that Troisi , Antonis and Juric  are out .......but we all know Arnie has his favorites

Troisi its tough but for him Goodwin and Antonis would be in front of him. Antonis probably on stand by for Mooy but I wander if Amini or Jeggo or doing better than Antonis' current form. 

Juric now this one despite FB criticism and recent form I still think he is better than any other striker we have but this has got Arnold fingers all over it

1 hour ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Troisi its tough but for him Goodwin and Antonis would be in front of him. Antonis probably on stand by for Mooy but I wander if Amini or Jeggo or doing better than Antonis' current form. 

Juric now this one despite FB criticism and recent form I still think he is better than any other striker we have but this has got Arnold fingers all over it

Hrustic on standby for Mooy

Juric for me isn’t good enough but we really don’t have much better options so he should feel hard done by Arnold alluded to lack of matches but he’s something I just read 

Interestingly, since October, Juric has actually played more minutes than both of his rivals. In that period, he has seen 249 minutes for his club team in Switzerland – more than both Nabbout (153 minutes) and Maclaren (235 minutes) have seen for Urawa Red Diamonds and Hibernian respectively.

i think Arnold has gone for pace and likely we will play a counter attack system 

I had no idea how Antonis doesn’t get in nfi how you take kruse or amini over a guy who is ripping the league apart. 

Glad to see ikon in there and glad to finally see back of bailey Wright 

overall a pretty much expected squad 

11 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Juric for me isn’t good enough but we really don’t have much better options so he should feel hard done by Arnold alluded to lack of matches but he’s something I just read 

Interestingly, since October, Juric has actually played more minutes than both of his rivals. In that period, he has seen 249 minutes for his club team in Switzerland – more than both Nabbout (153 minutes) and Maclaren (235 minutes) have seen for Urawa Red Diamonds and Hibernian respectively.

i think Arnold has gone for pace and likely we will play a counter attack system 

I had no idea how Antonis doesn’t get in nfi how you take kruse or amini over a guy who is ripping the league apart. 

Glad to see ikon in there and glad to finally see back of bailey Wright 

overall a pretty much expected squad 

Again on Juric that is my argument for him to be there. Yea his not good on form and we will be comparing him to Viduka and Kennedy but his still better than what is currently available.

Macca I thought his Thailand game in world cup qualify when we drew 2-2 away was just a one off but the game against South Korea to me confirmed he isn't the answer. Taggart is up and down, Giannou is just a slower and less accurate version of Juric and Nabbout is more of a band-aid than a soloution.

Soooo How is Cahill doing these days?

33 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/it-s-mickey-mouse-football-ex-celtic-star-sutton-slams-socceroos-over-rogic-call-up

Sutton obviously knows what it's like where the sun don't shine - considering he's so far up himself with comments like that. 

Playing for the national team is a privelige and an honour, Rogic and all players selected have the option of declining the invitation to play for the Socceroos . The fact he WANTS to play speaks volumes for him. Someone needs to tell this guy to go and get...........effed

Ok seriously I don't understand how Kruse is in the team.

Real Criticism the guy had like 2 touches in 60 mins, barely tracked back other players covering him, did not make any runs in behind in the Oman defence.

Ok he was good in the 2015 Asian cup but he isn't a kid anymore he has 70 caps and should be a leader for the team and he has been terrible for the NT. I cannot understand how 3 different NT coaches choose him to what else is available

6 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Ok seriously I don't understand how Kruse is in the team.

Real Criticism the guy had like 2 touches in 60 mins, barely tracked back other players covering him, did not make any runs in behind in the Oman defence.

Ok he was good in the 2015 Asian cup but he isn't a kid anymore he has 70 caps and should be a leader for the team and he has been terrible for the NT. I cannot understand how 3 different NT coaches choose him to what else is available

He's the national teams Sotirio............(We've had 3 different coaches and they still pick him).

On 24/12/2018 at 10:20 AM, sonar said:

Playing for the national team is a privelige and an honour, Rogic and all players selected have the option of declining the invitation to play for the Socceroos . The fact he WANTS to play speaks volumes for him. Someone needs to tell this guy to go and get...........effed

Don't pay too much attention to anything that Sutton says.....he's a known 'stirrer'

Does anyone know if there's any radio coverage of Australia v Jordan tonight?

It's not on free to air apparently so I would like a backup if the streams are playing up.

Thanks in advance.   

Also Risdon should be starting ahead of Grant but I wouldn't bet on it happening. I don't want to see Kruse or Amini anywhere near the starting lineup either.

• mack locked this topic