Australian National Teams Thread 4 + Asian Cup 2019

12 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Mabil is,

Arnie isn’t. Looked like he put more grey hairs in the 90 minutes

His son-in-law Sainsbury was off. Should have had Degenek on.

Nah, Sainsbury is 1000% better than Degenek, he needs game time. Result wasn't as important as getting prepped for AC.

12 hours ago, mack said:

I had a look, no offside (the only thing would have been players offside while in keepers line of sight, but ours didn't appear to be). However VAR really should have chalked off the goal for Boyle kicking the ball out from the keepers hand. It's a clear foul according to the laws, the keeper got his hand on top of the ball, with the ball on the grass, once that happens you can't challenge the keeper.

I think it should be offside.  I know what the rules say, but there's four guys who are offside and are all round the keeper, there is no way to tell if they are impacting him or not. Should be on them to be onside, not on the ref to try and guess whether they are impacting him. The offside rule as it is being interpreted now sux.

But, that goal is precisely why I hate VAR. Equaliser in injury time and you can't celebrate because you have to wait for VAR. So I'm glad it stood because VAR sux worse than the offside rule!

On 12/11/2018 at 10:10 PM, Paul01 said:

Arnie showing his ruthless streak.

Milicic has failed tactically at 2 tournaments and taking the blame for both the failure of the u23s and u19s.

A head coach he does not appear to be.

Kenny Lowe has wanted out from Perth Glory since that sacked him.

Also isn't Ante based in Hrvatska? Makes sense for him to be European scout and Arnie to have an Assistant who moves with him.

1 hour ago, btron3000 said:

Also isn't Ante based in Hrvatska? Makes sense for him to be European scout and Arnie to have an Assistant who moves with him.

Yep. His son is trying to make it in the Croatian leagues.

5 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

So Deng and Petratos don't get a run in the next game.

Mullet in with Goodwin.

Sauce? Happy for the first change, not the second!

If Goodwin can’t beat out Robbie ******* Kruse for a spot then we’re doomed.

And you just know Arnie is busting to get mullet boy in the team. Probably why Risdon has been playing so well. I know Josh was busting himself for us, getting up and down the pitch, when Bertie was about to pick the team.

Grant will probably make the team and then he and Arnie will both wonder why he picks up yellows in two games and has to miss the third.

1 minute ago, btron3000 said:

And you just know Arnie is busting to get mullet boy in the team. Probably why Risdon has been playing so well. I know Josh was busting himself for us, getting up and down the pitch, when Bertie was about to pick the team.

Grant will probably make the team and then he and Arnie will both wonder why he picks up yellows in two games and has to miss the third.

MyFootball website.

Forgot to add Cahill in.

1 hour ago, btron3000 said:

Mullet boy!  :lol: :lol:

Boyle showed something. I'm a fan.

Arnie celebrating a friendly home draw against weak opposition is disgusting.

Rizzo was definitely 'on'.

Mooy, Sainsbury, Rogic, Behich all started awfully slow.

Long-term mainstays need to include Mat Ryan and Mass Luongo.

Juric is 100% the best option at 9.

Don't know how one of my favourite Socceroos gets back into the starting 11 - Jackson Irvine.

**** Brenton Speed.

5 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Didn't watch the game so have no real insights into how the Arnieroos played. From Twitter & other social media it sounded like a WSW performance of recent seasons.

Off to see the #ByeByeLegacy match tomorrow night. Edinburgh I got us tickets brother.

Paul would be asking  "Pax, Manfred?"  :D

15 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Why would he be asking for peace?

(Latin joke there)

Stop being a smart arse, Manfred!   :D

What was the PAX on your tickets as of yesterday (is that when you bought them?)

PS Thanks for your Sunday PAX update Smirny. :good:

Sounds like it's heading towards a promising crowd. 

3 minutes ago, Davo said:

Yeah the socceroos account tweeted it but there's something wrong with their link so it won't embed.

Ryan

Grant - Sainsbury - Degenek - Behich

Amini - Mooy - Irvine

Mabil - Juric - Boyle

Thanks.

At least Juric gets a go. Rather Jeggo than Amini

Edited by Paul01
Added info
  • mack locked this topic